Terrible coaching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Everyone is blaming the HC, which some blaming is warranted, like the TO issue. However, why are we not talking about John Elway or Joe Elias? Or the fact that we don’t have an owner STILL!

Elway has done better in the draft in recent years for the most part but doesn’t excuse his horrible OL signings, he’s refusal to address the tackle position in the draft, or getting a LB that can cover a TE. As much as I like Hamler, there is zero reason we should have gone back to back WR.
    Do you know of another Backer who can't cover a TE?
    Last edited by samparnell; 09-21-2020, 08:57 AM. Reason: wording
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      So this is the 6th game out of 18 Fangio has coached that the broncos have had a better than 50% chance winning the game within 2 minutes and lost. That's a definite trend on the coaching staff. This team is developing a losing culture under Fangio just as they did under Vance Joseph.
      No, this isn’t something Fangio developed. This is something that was developed with Joseph and now Fangio has to try and reverse course and get them team to believe they can win those games.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        No, this isn’t something Fangio developed. This is something that was developed with Joseph and now Fangio has to try and reverse course and get them team to believe they can win those games.
        In the NFL you only have so long to turn it around. This is almost an entirely new roster from where Joseph left it, so this excuse that Fangio is "reversing the trend" doesn't hold water for me. This team needs to show progress and he needs to show he can outcoach the opponent in some of these situations, and so far he hasn't done that. I don't want to go through the head coach carousel but I also have to feel confident Fangio is the guy, and for me there's too many red flags over the past 18 games on the coaching alone that no one should feel confident about our coaching staff.
        sigpic

Comment

In the NFL you only have so long to turn it around. This is almost an entirely new roster from where Joseph left it, so this excuse that Fangio is "reversing the trend" doesn't hold water for me. This team needs to show progress and he needs to show he can outcoach the opponent in some of these situations, and so far he hasn't done that. I don't want to go through the head coach carousel but I also have to feel confident Fangio is the guy, and for me there's too many red flags over the past 18 games on the coaching alone that no one should feel confident about our coaching staff.
          Again, there is a reason that Fangio after being in the NFL for 40 years(?) now, is just getting a HC job.

Comment

Even if the roster is mostly gone from Vance, that mentality doesn’t disappear until someone can reverse it.

The problem I have is not with the coaches but John Elway. This is John Elways team and I bet he’s making the final calls on who we are drafting and clearly FA as well. I’m not sure how much Vic is playing a role in that. I think if it were up to Vic he’d be looking for his stud LB that he always goes after to lead his defense. I have a hard time believing Vic was thrilled we passed on Bush and basically not drafting a LB at all.

I think the same applied to Vance Joseph, however, the players turned on Vance and you could see that in their play. I think that’s why Vance got the axe plus the pressure from the fans who always demand a new coach when things aren’t going right. I personally didn’t think Vance was a good coach but he did get axed earlier than he should imo.

Comment

Every players from the Browns has been cycled multiple times but they can’t overcome the culture of losing. It doesn’t matter who the coach is, the only person that can reverse a culture of losing is who is taking snaps from the C. That’s it, you can’t win without a franchise QB and unfortunately for the next 2-6 weeks we’ll have to wait on Lock to get healthy.

Comment

Every players from the Browns has been cycled multiple times but they can’t overcome the culture of losing. It doesn’t matter who the coach is, the only person that can reverse a culture of losing is who is taking snaps from the C. That’s it, you can’t win without a franchise QB and unfortunately for the next 2-6 weeks we’ll have to wait on Lock to get healthy.
                You can win without a franchise QB, see Vikings with Keenum. That said, you can't win long term without one. The problem is somebody needs to consistently step up in big moments, right now we don't have that unfortunately.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  Even if the roster is mostly gone from Vance, that mentality doesn’t disappear until someone can reverse it.

The problem I have is not with the coaches but John Elway. This is John Elways team and I bet he’s making the final calls on who we are drafting and clearly FA as well. I’m not sure how much Vic is playing a role in that. I think if it were up to Vic he’d be looking for his stud LB that he always goes after to lead his defense. I have a hard time believing Vic was thrilled we passed on Bush and basically not drafting a LB at all.

I think the same applied to Vance Joseph, however, the players turned on Vance and you could see that in their play. I think that’s why Vance got the axe plus the pressure from the fans who always demand a new coach when things aren’t going right. I personally didn’t think Vance was a good coach but he did get axed earlier than he should imo.
                  I'm not even talking about the talent though. I'm talking about game situations and managements, that had the coaching staff managed better we might have 6 additional wins over the past 18 games than we currently have. That's not on the players, that's on Fangio & his staff. What I'm saying is that they need to manage those moments better and actually lead by example, because if we continue to lose in those moments these players will never learn how to win. See Cleveland, New York Jets, Miami, etc. as examples.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    You can win without a franchise QB, see Vikings with Keenum. That said, you can't win long term without one. The problem is somebody needs to consistently step up in big moments, right now we don't have that unfortunately.
                    That’s what i was getting at, even the Browns made the playoffs with Derek Anderson.

Comment

I don't disagree that finding a franchise quarterback would solve the majority of these issues.

Having said that, if that winds up not being Lock then the Broncos need to completely clean house - Lock, Fangio, and Elway all gone. You can't give Elway yet another shot at it.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                        Not matter what else this team does it will be near impossible to win when Pass Protection is considered a major weakness.

Need to have a defense that is being talked about as one of the best all time to over come that. Even then that will just be a one year thing and in 2-3 years fans will be calling for the head of the GM.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• It's not just the Broncos. Too many teams buy into the mindset "make a play". I would taser Lock every time he tries to 'make a play'. I want the quarterback to live to play the next down. If the play is broken, thrown the ball out of bounds. But the highlights all show Kyler Murray juking his way across the goal line or Patrick Mahomes successfully fading back 14 yards and connecting. So the players and coaches fall into that and all the fundamentals are gone and we have a broken quarterback.

Comment

Maybe if the Force was a thing...

Comment

• i got one the just irritates the hell out of me &it's absolutely a coaching decision/error.

telling the kicker to kickoff just short enough to force a return trying to be cute & gain some yards by keeping them inside the 25,which way more times than not ends with a big return giving extra field position.

we all know damn well mcmanus can knock it out of the endzone or damn near close every time, so why on earth do you risk a return for trying to pin them back a few yards?

i hate when they do this pure stupidity :brick:
                              sigpic

Comment

• This is not so much about terrible coaching, rather something I was wondering about. The Steelers blitz more than any other team in The NFL, or so I believe, at an amazing %.....70% minimum as I recall.

So was the screen pass and draw play there for the taking? I know, The Steelers are a blitzing D, and a really good D at that, and perhaps they are so well trained that such plays are part of their blitz mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X