Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible coaching.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I don't see a bright future for Fangio. He was poor last year trying to juggle DC and HC responsibilities on gameday, and started this season poorly trying to juggle the same roles.

    He didn't grow into the job, I can see by his body language that he is very uncomfortable on the sideline. He rarely interacts with coaches and players from what I've seen, paces back and forth with his arms crossed hugging himself, head down. I bet we'll have another HC next season, probably Shurmur.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by GMTD View Post
      He just can't adjust (or as yet has not been able to adjust) to being a HC after decades as a DC.

      Also that doesn't make a lot of sense, as even as a DC he should know when a defensive Time Out should be called.
      The first red flag was last year when they kept talking about how much he wanted to be in the booth. He struggled to adjust to just being on the sidelines.....

      Comment


      • #63
        So a few things here which seem to be missed by most:

        1. Lock is a 1st year full-time starter. He isn't making any major calls at the LOS. So we all need to slow down about our critique of the long-bombs or hero passes which he is being critiqued for.

        2. D.Hamilton on one of those long throws slowed down at the top of the route. I was left yelling at my screen. He slowed down his run to turn around to see where the ball was. Given that I have to assume that the play was for the ball to be throw to the back corner - he wasn't there yet.

        3. We desperately need to replace Wilkinson at RT.

        4. I was disappointed in general how well we blocked on the O-Line - I expected better

        5. We desperately need a bigger RB as a counter punch to our current running attack

        6. Fangio needs to come out and own his inability to manage a clock.

        7. Offensively I found myself getting annoyed with Pat.

        - Fant killed it in the 1st half....where'd he go in 2nd half?
        - We needed to run the ball more
        - Why not let McManus kick the ball on the 4th down?
        - A cute play with a shuttle pass to Butt will work but not when we all but give up on the blocks - again we should have gone big and ran
        - Where are the outside runs in the RZ?

        8. Lastly - we are being coach by a defensive HC. How is it that at the end of games we seem to play small when we need to play big on Defense. I recall when we had Wade here and when we were at the end of games you kinda knew we were gonna do something regardless of the year.
        Last edited by Rich_C; 09-15-2020, 05:16 PM.

        Comment


        • #64
          Start the fire Fangio blog now.....He is clearly out of his league and cannot coach a professional team. His time management alone should get him immediately fired. Shurmur has also proven that he sucks and should go. The fourth down play was the worst call of the night, and to not call Fant's number ONE time in the second half is unacceptable and inexcusable. Broken record, but again, this team will do nothing with this coaching staff. I said 6-10 for the season, it is now 5-11, as the coaching staff lost a game they clearly should have won. Another long season....And, of course, the injuries are not helping either.

          Comment


          • #65
            Though we have already said a lot about the time management debacle, it's definitely being echoed within the sports community today. The analysts I have listened to are pretty straightforward on how bad it was.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Though we have already said a lot about the time management debacle, it's definitely being echoed within the sports community today. The analysts I have listened to are pretty straightforward on how bad it was.
              His odd explanations aren’t really helping his case. Pretty embarrassing. I wasn’t really doing backflips when he was hired. He’s not doing much to get me to turn a corner on him. At this point, I’m just hoping it “clicks” for him and his staff at some point this season.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                His odd explanations aren’t really helping his case. Pretty embarrassing. I wasn’t really doing backflips when he was hired. He’s not doing much to get me to turn a corner on him. At this point, I’m just hoping it “clicks” for him and his staff at some point this season.
                Changing coaches again sounds very unappealing, It’s about our only hope right now, that they figure it out.

                Comment


                • #68
                  I may be most concerned about the goose egg Chubb put up. He didn't record a single tackle and I don't remember him making an impact of any kind on any play.

                  We lost our best O player and Taz at half time. AOK and Hamler were both out. We have a new OC and the youngest starting O in the NFL and there were no OTAs or preseason games. I'm going to hold off judgement of the O for a few more weeks.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Could Mike Shanahan fix this?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      I may be most concerned about the goose egg Chubb put up. He didn't record a single tackle and I don't remember him making an impact of any kind on any play.

                      We lost our best O player and Taz at half time. AOK and Hamler were both out. We have a new OC and the youngest starting O in the NFL and there were no OTAs or preseason games. I'm going to hold off judgement of the O for a few more weeks.
                      Chubb did get 2 hits on Tannehill and held his ground against the run. Lewan is a top tier LT and Chubb still isn’t 100% so it’s to be expected especially when he’s dropping back in coverage as well as chipping the TE/RB when they release.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                        He just can't adjust (or as yet has not been able to adjust) to being a HC after decades as a DC.

                        Also that doesn't make a lot of sense, as even as a DC he should know when a defensive Time Out should be called.
                        This is a little bit of damned if I do, damned if I don't. If he starts calling timeouts and it allows the Titans to settle down and they march down and score a FG or a TD, with little time left, then he gets hammered for using his timeouts to the benefit of the Titans, and not saving them for the offense. And frankly even if he used them I'm not sure it would have mattered, the defense failed most of the night to get themselves off the field when they needed to.

                        If he doesn't use the timeouts? Well that's exactly where we are now.

                        No matter what he did, if Denver doesn't win the game then he was going to be wrong. Don't get me wrong, the timeouts were a problem, but there were 50 reasons they lost last night, and him not using the timeouts were just one of them. Personally I think they lost the gam on the last offensive series (the one with lots of time left, not the 17 second left possession) when they failed to use any clock, and failed to make Tennessee use timeouts.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Chubb did get 2 hits on Tannehill and held his ground against the run. Lewan is a top tier LT and Chubb still isn’t 100% so it’s to be expected especially when he’s dropping back in coverage as well as chipping the TE/RB when they release.
                          Didn't he also have a sack early int he game where Tannehill threw it away as he went down and then they just ruled it an incomplete pass?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Didn't he also have a sack early int he game where Tannehill threw it away as he went down and then they just ruled it an incomplete pass?
                            Yeah I was surprised they didn’t blow that one dead for a sack.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I am worried about coach Vic. He doesn't appear or seem comfortable as head coach. His adjustments dating back to last season have been horrible. For a guy who repeats "death by inches" or something of that nature, that manta isn't reflected too well from a coaching standpoint.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                I don’t think that was an issue, I think the issue was not committing to either running the clock or going for the points. If he ran it 3 straight times then it eliminates the Titans ground game. If he went for it all maybe Jeudy doesn’t drop another pass or Lock connects with Hamilton deep.

                                Gordon was effective aside from the fumble. I believe he had 5 ypc so I would’ve been comfortable letting him run 3 straight times even with them expecting it. We improved our interior oline, we have a RG masquerading as a RT and blocking TEs in Vannett and Butt and we’re playing in altitude in week 1 where there wasn’t much of a training camp.

                                That’s just it... Commit to one or the other... run it 3 times, ask your OL to get you that coveted 1st done and get into FG position, while burning 2 minutes off the clock..

                                Or... pass it 4 times and try to win game....

                                We passed it on first down... so we should’ve have decided, right?

                                You know why? Bc even Fangio has to concede we probably weren’t getting 5 yards on a second down dive run up the middle. TENN knows we want to burn some clock and are probably dialing up a defense to stop the run...

                                So, you are accepting third and long knowing you will punt? Again, this isn’t playing to win... it’s hoping you don’t lose.

                                A real innovative OC understands this and goes play-action to Fant... boom.

                                Going Dive-Fade was something a HS coach does. A shame for PS bc of Jeudy catches ball we aren’t discussing this.

                                But PS did have that awful GL scheme design... and running a 190 pound Lindsey up the guy without a lead blocker, after failing to be able to do this all last season, after we signed MG for 10 mil? Then calling for a 4tb down shovel pass to Butt?

                                Again... doesn’t inspire hope PS will be anything more than a stopgap. 31 more games than Fangio/PS are goners.
                                Last edited by fraguela09; 09-15-2020, 08:53 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X