Terrible coaching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    I am worried about coach Vic. He doesn't appear or seem comfortable as head coach. His adjustments dating back to last season have been horrible. For a guy who repeats "death by inches" or something of that nature, that manta isn't reflected too well from a coaching standpoint.
    We have 4 losses last 17 games, after leading with 30 seconds or less remaining. That’s on Fangio’s record. Cincy is next worst, with 2 Ls and everybody else has 1 or 0.

Fangio list both home openers 16-14, in nearly identical scenarios.

I trust he’ll develop the foundation, like Fox, but this won’t become a serious player until he passes the torch.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Changing coaches again sounds very unappealing, It’s about our only hope right now, that they figure it out.
      The coaching carousel here is a major issue. I’d much rather see Fangio and his staff figure it out. Not sure if Fangio has what it takes, but I suppose we’ll see. If he continues to stumble his way through every game and press conference, though, it won’t last long.
      sigpic

Comment

Just saw a stat that said since last season, the Broncos lead the league with 4 losses when leading with 30 seconds or less in the game. That’s not a good sign about the coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Just saw a stat that said since last season, the Broncos lead the league with 4 losses when leading with 30 seconds or less in the game. That’s not a good sign about the coaching.
          Late game decisions are a big part of the HC’s job. His track record in that area is not good thus far.

I’m a bit torn. On one hand, the coaching carousel is a problem here and I’d like to see it stop. On the other, I’m not yet convinced Fangio has what it takes.

I guess I’m just at the point where I’m crossing my fingers that it works out. There’s a lot to season to go. I’ll be interested to see how it unfolds. Hoping for the best.
          sigpic

Comment

Some people are meant to be coordinators, and some people are NFL head coaches. I think we have a decent coaching staff, and I think we will have a winning season. If we don't have a winning season this year, it would be disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
              Late game decisions are a big part of the HC’s job. His track record in that area is not good thus far.

I’m a bit torn. On one hand, the coaching carousel is a problem here and I’d like to see it stop. On the other, I’m not yet convinced Fangio has what it takes.

I guess I’m just at the point where I’m crossing my fingers that it works out. There’s a lot to season to go. I’ll be interested to see how it unfolds. Hoping for the best.
              If memory serves, the 4 losses all involved the defense giving up a go-ahead score within the final two minutes, correct?

I know there's a lot of harping on the game management, and rightfully so. The Broncos should have used their timeouts to preserve time. And from what I gather, the guy who used to be in Fangio's ear telling him when to call time-outs, challenge a call, etc. was fired in the off season because Fangio apparently didn't like his suggestions. I also think Fangio needs to decide if he wants to be a defensive coordinator or if he wants to be the head coach, because he can't be both.

Having said all of that, I still go back to the fact that you won't win a lot of games in the NFL scoring only 14 points, and the defense for the most part did their part in only allowing 1 touchdown, which they gave up on a short field following the fumble by Gordon. I'm not trying to excuse the clock mismanagement but I definitely feel like the offense more or less is getting a pass from fans.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                If memory serves, the 4 losses all involved the defense giving up a go-ahead score within the final two minutes, correct?

I know there's a lot of harping on the game management, and rightfully so. The Broncos should have used their timeouts to preserve time. And from what I gather, the guy who used to be in Fangio's ear telling him when to call time-outs, challenge a call, etc. was fired in the off season because Fangio apparently didn't like his suggestions. I also think Fangio needs to decide if he wants to be a defensive coordinator or if he wants to be the head coach, because he can't be both.

Having said all of that, I still go back to the fact that you won't win a lot of games in the NFL scoring only 14 points, and the defense for the most part did their part in only allowing 1 touchdown, which they gave up on a short field following the fumble by Gordon. I'm not trying to excuse the clock mismanagement but I definitely feel like the offense more or less is getting a pass from fans.
                The offense is squarely to blame for this blunder however it is the OC's fault for going 3 in out and only burning 30 seconds off the clock and calling 3 pass play in a row that did not work. UGH Again another year same ole same ole

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  The offense is squarely to blame for this blunder however it is the OC's fault for going 3 in out and only burning 30 seconds off the clock and calling 3 pass play in a row that did not work. UGH Again another year same ole same ole
                  Yeah, realistically Gostkowski left 10 points off the board. Denver wouldn't have been in that game late if not for Gostkowski. I thought the offense would have been a little more explosive or a little more eager to take advantage of their kicking misfortunes.

Comment

Yeah, realistically Gostkowski left 10 points off the board. Denver wouldn't have been in that game late if not for Gostkowski. I thought the offense would have been a little more explosive or a little more eager to take advantage of their kicking misfortunes.
                    I wonder what the offense would have looked like had Gostkowski made more or all of those FGs. Surely being down 6 or more points would have required more reliance on the passing game. Would Shurmur have have called plays differently? Obviously he would have but I think he might have been more aggressive in doing so.

Comment

I believe you should keep trying to score points no matter what it takes or what the score is. I understand you need time and game management, but Don't sit on a lead unless your up by 24 points points (4 scores).

Comment

I don't see it that way at all. Denver blocked one FG, so they took 3 points away, not Gostkowski leaving them on the field. And on every single placekick Harris drove their RG back 3-4 yards and had the chance to block all of them. So I see it as Denver giving Tennessee 4 points they should have blocked, not Gostkowski leaving 7 points on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

The offense isn't getting a pass from me. They need to improve, but I also acknowledge that our offense is basically a bunch of rookies and very young players - they will have their ups and downs. They showed some flashes, but also showed their inexperience this week.

As far as Fangio. I truly hope he starts morphing into a good HC. Remains to be seen, so I'm interested to see how it all unfolds.
                          sigpic

Comment

People keep saying that but let's credit Shelby for blocking one, so 7 points off the board, and if we're going to play the 'what if everyone scored when they should have' game evenly then we left 7 off the board too at their one yard line. This scenario is still not enough to change the verdict, of course.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I think it's fair to say this team isn't "there yet". There were enough miscues and mistakes across the board to conclude the entire team has improvements to make. It will be very interesting and telling to see how they respond in the coming weeks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                We have 4 losses last 17 games, after leading with 30 seconds or less remaining. That’s on Fangio’s record. Cincy is next worst, with 2 Ls and everybody else has 1 or 0.

Fangio list both home openers 16-14, in nearly identical scenarios.

I trust he’ll develop the foundation, like Fox, but this won’t become a serious player until he passes the torch.

Gotta remember of those 3 losses because of BS roughing the passer penalties. If those dont get called we probably win half those games if not more

also sure they left points on the field with the missed kicks but one was a 47 yarder and that isnt exactly a guaranteed kick to make and the one we blocked. also did they miss 2 before we got down to their 1 yard line? do we still go for it if we are down 10 to 7?
                                Last edited by Dotst; 09-16-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X