No announcement yet.

Terrible coaching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It does not matter how good the coaches are, how good the QB is or how good the guys running routes are....if the RT is getting beaten so badly it is messing up the chemistry of the entire OL than the entire offense is going to look horrible.

It really does not matter who our HC is. This year for the first times in years instead of watching the Broncos multiple times I am watching other NFL games more closely.

The difference between us and other teams that will probably make the playoffs is pass protection. We give up instant pressure on the QB far more than any of the teams that will probably make the playoffs.

When our pass protection starts to be average our offense starts to make plays.

I get the coaches and Elway can not talk to the media/fans about this. They do not not want to help the opposing teams. If there is not a conversation between the front office and the coaching staff about pass protection being the thing that is going to prevent us from making the playoffs than imo Joe Ellis needs to start firing people for not being good enough to do their job.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      It does not matter how good the coaches are, how good the QB is or how good the guys running routes are....if the RT is getting beaten so badly it is messing up the chemistry of the entire OL than the entire offense is going to look horrible.

It really does not matter who our HC is. This year for the first times in years instead of watching the Broncos multiple times I am watching other NFL games more closely.

The difference between us and other teams that will probably make the playoffs is pass protection. We give up instant pressure on the QB far more than any of the teams that will probably make the playoffs.

When our pass protection starts to be average our offense starts to make plays.

I get the coaches and Elway can not talk to the media/fans about this. They do not not want to help the opposing teams. If there is not a conversation between the front office and the coaching staff about pass protection being the thing that is going to prevent us from making the playoffs than imo Joe Ellis needs to start firing people for not being good enough to do their job.
      The Head Coach has the authority to yank our horrific RT and put Dotson in. I hope Juwan James is enjoying himself on the couch, bust!

Comment

• It's hilarious the disparity between coaches& agents opinion around the league on Fangio, vs fans.

Fans trying to run him out of town on a rail.

People who understand the game and it's their livelihood think he deserves a raise.

-Allbright
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          It's hilarious the disparity between coaches& agents opinion around the league on Fangio, vs fans.

Fans trying to run him out of town on a rail.

People who understand the game and it's their livelihood think he deserves a raise.

-Allbright
          When coaches lose they get fired. I do not think any playoff missing coach has ever gotten a raise.

I do not think anyone who actually knows football would say a head coach who has not made the playoffs should get a raise. I get the point...I just do not think anyone actually means that.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Be carful what you wish for Vance out got us Vic in and still no WINS!

Comment

When coaches lose they get fired. I do not think any playoff missing coach has ever gotten a raise.

I do not think anyone who actually knows football would say a head coach who has not made the playoffs should get a raise. I get the point...I just do not think anyone actually means that.
              Marvin Lewis from the Bengals is on the line and would like to talk to you lol. Jp Lewis was terrible.

Comment

• I personally do not think the coach should be fired. Do not think anyone should be fired today.

I do think conversations should be happening between the coaches + front office + guy in charge.

Do not know about Joe Ellis but at this point of my professional life I have gotten to the point where I can have a business conversation with someone and know if they have the skills to improve their environment or not. After multiple conversations over months I can get a pretty good idea how much they can improve their environment.

Comment

• Everyone is blaming the HC, which some blaming is warranted, like the TO issue. However, why are we not talking about John Elway or Joe Elias? Or the fact that we don’t have an owner STILL!

Elway has done better in the draft in recent years for the most part but doesn’t excuse his horrible OL signings, he’s refusal to address the tackle position in the draft, or getting a LB that can cover a TE. As much as I like Hamler, there is zero reason we should have gone back to back WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    Marvin Lewis from the Bengals is on the line and would like to talk to you lol. Jp Lewis was terrible.
                    Have herd a discussion more in depth that was kind of like the one they had last night about the Patriots.

Essentially it was a discussion about how many head coaches the Fins, Bills and Jets went through while the Patriots dominated the AFC East.

Cowher and Pitt is an interesting exception. There are teams who fire their head coaches even when making the playoffs but they do not win a Ring. Steelers stuck with Cowher. After he failed in the playoffs/SB for 6 seasons he went on a stretch where he did not make the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons. He had 3 losing seasons in his Pitt career before finally breaking through in his 14th season in Pitt and winning a Ring.

That is one of the few stories of a team sticking with WINNING coach and winning a Ring.

There are many more Andy Reid / Marty Schottenheimer type stories of a coach winning and making the playoffs only to be fired.

There are MANY MANY more stories of a coach not making the playoffs and getting fired

That is just NFL history....Lewis does not need to speak with me...he knows this. He is probably surprised how long he stayed in Cincy...but that is Cincy.

Comment

Have herd a discussion more in depth that was kind of like the one they had last night about the Patriots.

Essentially it was a discussion about how many head coaches the Fins, Bills and Jets went through while the Patriots dominated the AFC East.

Cowher and Pitt is an interesting exception. There are teams who fire their head coaches even when making the playoffs but they do not win a Ring. Steelers stuck with Cowher. After he failed in the playoffs/SB for 6 seasons he went on a stretch where he did not make the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons. He had 3 losing seasons in his Pitt career before finally breaking through in his 14th season in Pitt and winning a Ring.

That is one of the few stories of a team sticking with WINNING coach and winning a Ring.

There are many more Andy Reid / Marty Schottenheimer type stories of a coach winning and making the playoffs only to be fired.

There are MANY MANY more stories of a coach not making the playoffs and getting fired

That is just NFL history....Lewis does not need to speak with me...he knows this. He is probably surprised how long he stayed in Cincy...but that is Cincy.
                      Lol I was just messing with you.

Comment

• So this is the 6th game out of 18 Fangio has coached that the broncos have had a better than 50% chance winning the game within 2 minutes and lost. That's a definite trend on the coaching staff. This team is developing a losing culture under Fangio just as they did under Vance Joseph.
                        sigpic

Comment

At the end of the day, context matters. He inherited a team with a lot of issues, and this year has premier positional injuries. It's a testament to how someone can prepare the team. Is it a bit tongue in cheek? Yes, but the intent of the comments are the point IMO.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Why do they refuse to pound the ball with Gordon in the redzone? Isn't that the big reason why he was brought in? Isn't he supposed to be a TD machine with a nose for the endzone? Shurmur is another one of those OCs who gets too cute with his play calling.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              Why do they refuse to pound the ball with Gordon in the redzone? Isn't that the big reason why he was brought in? Isn't he supposed to be a TD machine with a nose for the endzone? Shurmur is another one of those OCs who gets too cute with his play calling.
                              Pretty unbelievable, they only needed 2 yards, backup QB is in, and he had already been sacked like 6 times at that point. Yet, they drop back and pass twice, defies logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                                Pretty unbelievable, they only needed 2 yards, backup QB is in, and he had already been sacked like 6 times at that point. Yet, they drop back and pass twice, defies logic.
                                Right??? Same thing in the Titans game with that weird TE shovel pass. Gordon got one shot in that situation. Stop trying to look all ingenious by "fooling" everyone and pound the dang rock with the 8 million dollar RB you brought in. Geeze....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X