Look at the bright side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Bright side is now we have a legit shot at Trevor Lawrence....
    Right now if we end up that high I say go all in on Penei Sewell. He is the best ot I can remember in recent history
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      If the injuries co to us in Denver the only team I see having a worse team are the Jets.
      Have you watched the Panthers? That's a bad roster with a bad coaching staff who are way out of their depths. I would also say the Giants have a coaching staff way out of their depths, and their o-line is bad. As bad as people might say Denver's line is, the Giants are worse by a big margin. Atlanta can't stop anyone on defense, their HC is a dead man walking and they have the look of a team that will be quitting on their coach very soon. They still probably have an offense good enough to win a few games but they're bad.

Even with the injuries Denver has lost two teams to good AFC teams by a combined 4 points. They had every reason to quit today, but they fought hard until the very end, which means the players believe in these coaches, even if the fans don't. Denver isn't close to being bottom of the league bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Have you watched the Panthers? That's a bad roster with a bad coaching staff who are way out of their depths. I would also say the Giants have a coaching staff way out of their depths, and their o-line is bad. As bad as people might say Denver's line is, the Giants are worse by a big margin. Atlanta can't stop anyone on defense, their HC is a dead man walking and they have the look of a team that will be quitting on their coach very soon. They still probably have an offense good enough to win a few games but they're bad.

Even with the injuries Denver has lost two teams to good AFC teams by a combined 4 points. They had every reason to quit today, but they fought hard until the very end, which means the players believe in these coaches, even if the fans don't. Denver isn't close to being bottom of the league bad.
        I watched them put up 30 points week one is what was almost a great comeback. I also watch today’s game where they were one scored of TB for a good amount of time until TB took over. Are they good? No. Are they as bad you’re making them? No.

While Atlanta Defense looks horrible they have an offense that can put up 30points each week. They did also play Seattle and Dallas who are not trash offenses. Atlanta will have more wins than us for sure.

Giants might be a team worse than us. Especially after losing Barkley.

Comment

No that's not legitimate. Have you seen how bad the Jets are? Have you seen how bad the Panthers are coached? Both of those teams look like they have a chance at 0-16 bad and both are on Denver's schedule. Have you seen how bad the Giants o-line and coaching are? And now without their best player. Have you seen how bad the Falcons defense is? Again they're on Denver's schedule. Have you seen how poor the Lions are?

There are a lot of situations much worse than the Broncos this year, they're still a long way off from being top 2 or 3 picks bad. If the injuries keep piling up, maybe. But right now there's no chance.

Jets and Giants do have young QBs, drafted top 10. I think CAR and ATL we need to worry about, but there’s another stud QB too.

DEN can’t pass on a stud QB for DL. That would be a major risk.

Now, if they believe in DL, then this would be huge bc it would stack the stable with OL, LB, CB, DL talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            Right now if we end up that high I say go all in on Penei Sewell. He is the best ot I can remember in recent history
            I’ll take OT, but how many would go back to 1983 and not make the Hinton for Elway trade?
            Would you trade down to 9 and take Bruce Matthews now instead?

Comment

I’ll take OT, but how many would go back to 1983 and not make the Hinton for Elway trade?
              Would you trade down to 9 and take Bruce Matthews now instead?
              I still believe in lock. I also know lock has shown more at a nfl. This next year also looks deep at qb Trey Lance and Justin Fields are all ligit top 5 qbs. I kinda like Fields more then Lawrence. But maybe thats cause my comparison for fields is cam Newton who throws better
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                I still believe in lock. I also know lock has shown more at a nfl. This next year also looks deep at qb Trey Lance and Justin Fields are all ligit top 5 qbs. I kinda like Fields more then Lawrence. But maybe thats cause my comparison for fields is cam Newton who throws better
                I believe there’s enough there to warrant a legit 2 year tryout... but this injury puts a curve into the equation...

I don’t care Lawrence or Fields or Mr. Kotter... point is, would Elway be derelict in his duties to pass on the chance to draft a transcendent franchise QB, if 1 is on the board, based on what we’ve seen from DL so far?

Comment

I believe there’s enough there to warrant a legit 2 year tryout... but this injury puts a curve into the equation...

I don’t care Lawrence or Fields or Mr. Kotter... point is, would Elway be derelict in his duties to pass on the chance to draft a transcendent franchise QB, if 1 is on the board, based on what we’ve seen from DL so far?
                  I think lock with his skill set can be a brett fare or a top 5 qb in this league. If I think that why would I do that unless I can get alot for lock. We need an lt in the worst way and a guy like Penei Sewell could plug in there day 1 and start for the next 15 years.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

I watched them put up 30 points week one is what was almost a great comeback. I also watch today’s game where they were one scored of TB for a good amount of time until TB took over. Are they good? No. Are they as bad you’re making them? No.

While Atlanta Defense looks horrible they have an offense that can put up 30points each week. They did also play Seattle and Dallas who are not trash offenses. Atlanta will have more wins than us for sure.

Giants might be a team worse than us. Especially after losing Barkley.
                    Carolina put up 30 on a bad Raiders team, and showed how bad their coaching was on 4th down. Tampa is not a good team either, but Tampa should have put them away, they had them on the ropes until Brady threw an awful interception. But even after that it never felt like Carolina was going to win that game.

You look at that roster, that's a bottom 2 or 3 of the league roster. And the coaching staff is equal to that.

Atlanta has a ton of offensive talent, but a really really bad defense, and a lame duck coach who everyone knows is going to fired at the end of the season, if he lasts that long. They seem like a very good option for a team that quits on their coach and has a record way worse than their talent level.

You didn't address the Jets, but that's a bad bad team. 0-16 potential if they keep Game around.

The Giants are bad, and poorly coached.

The Lions are bad and they keep finding new ways to lose.

Comment

Jets and Giants do have young QBs, drafted top 10. I think CAR and ATL we need to worry about, but there’s another stud QB too.

DEN can’t pass on a stud QB for DL. That would be a major risk.

Now, if they believe in DL, then this would be huge bc it would stack the stable with OL, LB, CB, DL talent.
                      I don't think it will be an option. Denver won't be picking in the top 5, and I think they'll probably be in that 12-15 range in the draft. The team is playing hard for this coach, they've lost two games against good teams by a total of 7 points, and they've got enough talent to beat up on the poor teams on the schedule, and surprise some better teams.

Anyone thinking Denver is in the running for Lawrence needs to have a look around the league, there are a lot of teams worse. Now granted if they keep losing 2-3 starters every week things will change, but assuming the injuries stop and they get guys back, it's just not even a possibility.

Comment

Are they as bad you’re making them? No.
                        You can say the same about us.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          You can say the same about us.
                          100% agree. I don’t know if they are sustain major injuries like we are. I know Mac hurt his ankle but doesn’t seem to be an issue. Sounds like they are a healthier squad than we are, at least I believe.

Comment

Carolina put up 30 on a bad Raiders team, and showed how bad their coaching was on 4th down. Tampa is not a good team either, but Tampa should have put them away, they had them on the ropes until Brady threw an awful interception. But even after that it never felt like Carolina was going to win that game.

You look at that roster, that's a bottom 2 or 3 of the league roster. And the coaching staff is equal to that.

Atlanta has a ton of offensive talent, but a really really bad defense, and a lame duck coach who everyone knows is going to fired at the end of the season, if he lasts that long. They seem like a very good option for a team that quits on their coach and has a record way worse than their talent level.

You didn't address the Jets, but that's a bad bad team. 0-16 potential if they keep Game around.

The Giants are bad, and poorly coached.

The Lions are bad and they keep finding new ways to lose.
                            I disagree with you on Carolina. Not saying they are a good team but better than you are saying. Atlanta should def have a better record then us regardless of their defense. We both agreed on Giants being horrible. I didn’t bring up Jets because I feel that’s obvious. They are just badddd. Makes me wonder if they would dip on Sam Darnold if given the chance if they had the first overall. My money is on yes.

Comment

Good grief, arguing about which 2 teams are actually worse than us, wow how this team has fallen. What a sad day in Broncos Country.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                                Good grief, arguing about which 2 teams are actually worse than us, wow how this team has fallen. What a sad day in Broncos Country.
                                Have to agree with you. Tough to see how far the expectations have fallen with the Broncos.

Getting to the point where the excuses of why it is not as bad as it seems are more prevalent then any accountability. Where we overlook the blunders and missed opportunities.

Just a few years ago the Broncos were a team that found ways to win. Late stops, turnovers or big plays. Now it seems like the Broncos are that sad sack loser that finds new and creative ways to lose every week.

For example, little things like the Ojemudia INT drop or the Sutton trip on the deep pass. Both change the projection of the game. Both put the Broncos on the wrong side of the momentum battle.

It’s getting to the point where I expect the the negative because “that is just the Broncos”. Can’t believe that is where I’m at.

Comment

Working...
                                X