No announcement yet.

Look at the bright side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock getting hurt is definitely another blow to the gut.

This team is in a rebuilding mode - plain and simple. Our roster is extremely young and woefully thin. This roster has had depth issues for quite some time. Now that we've moved away from the vet FA strategy to a youth movement, we just don't have the depth and experience to overcome injuries and rookie mistakes.

I still prefer building this team through the draft. Problem is, this team is just now starting to take that approach and the roster started depleting back in 2015-2016. We're suffering through all those bad drafts now because this roster wasn't really back filled during the Manning years.

On the bright side, though (since that's supposed to be the theme of the thread) is that we're at the ground floor of a youth movement and we have some good young talent. I hope we can see some real nice development from our young guys and I really hope the FO can retain the right guys and have good drafts.
    sigpic

Comment

To keep on the theme of this thread the good news is imo we just played two playoff teams assuming they do not get his with injuries like we have. We stayed in the games. Most of the time we played hard and had a chance.

That is a good sign. Not going to label it as it would probably be a lightening rod for the negative feelings of some posters.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        To keep on the theme of this thread the good news is imo we just played two playoff teams assuming they do not get his with injuries like we have. We stayed in the games. Most of the time we played hard and had a chance.

That is a good sign. Not going to label it as it would probably be a lightening rod for the negative feelings of some posters.
        Kudos for at least staying in the games. At least they're not getting blown out. It is a silver lining.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          Lock getting hurt is definitely another blow to the gut.

This team is in a rebuilding mode - plain and simple. Our roster is extremely young and woefully thin. This roster has had depth issues for quite some time. Now that we've moved away from the vet FA strategy to a youth movement, we just don't have the depth and experience to overcome injuries and rookie mistakes.

I still prefer building this team through the draft. Problem is, this team is just now starting to take that approach and the roster started depleting back in 2015-2016. We're suffering through all those bad drafts now because this roster wasn't really back filled during the Manning years.

On the bright side, though (since that's supposed to be the theme of the thread) is that we're at the ground floor of a youth movement and we have some good young talent. I hope we can see some real nice development from our young guys and I really hope the FO can retain the right guys and have good drafts.
          The downside to that bright side is that a lot of those young talented players are getting hurt. And the injuries are such that they may never be the same.

Comment

The bright side, it stands to reason the the Broncos will be drafting early. How early? No guarantees, but top third is very easy to see with all the injuries sustained, the positions they are at. While that in itself is not bright what so ever, but what is, is this years draft class is supposedly a very talented class, at many positions. Not top heavy with just one slot. So whenever the Broncos draft, they look to get a solid pick who can contribute earlier than later. It's the only sunshine I've got today.

Comment

As Klis said today, imagine NE fans after BB went 5-11 then 0-2 in year #2... following a meh 5 years in CLE...

I think Fangio is a good coach. It may take a few seasons to get acclimated to bring a HC... that’s fine and fits our timeline....

I think we are all suffering from PTSD for what we endured 2016-2019...

I really do think this org has turned the corner... they’ve had 2 quality drafts, we have a ton of young guys with talent....

It stinks what has occurred but it may turn out to be a blessing. I believe we will battle and play a bunch of close games, getting BF kids and depth guys valuable experience.

I think we end up 4-12 and draft in top 8... we’ll load up the system with even more quality talent...

We’ll finally have some continuity with the coaching going into the offseason.

Even if we don’t get our QB and even if DL turns out to be a bust... this team is in a good place, in terms of its future. This would’ve happened in 2012, had we not brought in PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                As Klis said today, imagine NE fans after BB went 5-11 then 0-2 in year #2... following a meh 5 years in CLE...

I think Fangio is a good coach. It may take a few seasons to get acclimated to bring a HC... that’s fine and fits our timeline....

I think we are all suffering from PTSD for what we endured 2016-2019...

I really do think this org has turned the corner... they’ve had 2 quality drafts, we have a ton of young guys with talent....

It stinks what has occurred but it may turn out to be a blessing. I believe we will battle and play a bunch of close games, getting BF kids and depth guys valuable experience.

I think we end up 4-12 and draft in top 8... we’ll load up the system with even more quality talent...

We’ll finally have some continuity with the coaching going into the offseason.

Even if we don’t get our QB and even if DL turns out to be a bust... this team is in a good place, in terms of its future. This would’ve happened in 2012, had we not brought in PM.
                I don't really know how we have turned the corner. We might have the 4th loosing season in a row. We are last in division and on the surface it seems like our great hope at QB is the 4th best in the AFCW and now injured again. We are loosing close games and the Mile High Magic (in my view the feeling that no matter how bad it looks, if you leave before time you will likely miss the amazing comeback win) is totally missing. This to me looks like 2010 Kyle Orton - mostly good polished football leading to almost wins, as opposed to the Elway, Plummer, Tebow ball of ferquently ugly football with streaks of brilliance when it matters.

This team needs drive and a purpose and that is what Mile High Magic is about. The Manning years did not have it because we often jumped out ahead and stayed there.

Comment

This is a "bright side" thread, the lone positive thread here, yet people can't resist posting the same OFF TOPIC gloom that pervades every other thread.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Hamler looked fantastic in his debut. Watching some All-22 clips, his speed is so evident— especially (and most importantly) in his route running. He gets off the line FAST and has such quick feet and loose hips that he changes direction without losing much speed at all. Seeing the kind of separation #13 was getting against a stout PIT secondary was crazy. The only downside is that Hamler is 5’9” and shouldn’t be put into jump-ball situations. Expecting him to catch those 50-50 balls (as well as inaccurate high throws) would be ludicrous.

Jeudy looked strong in his second game. I applaud that he stood in there and made that catch over the middle with Devin Bush waiting to lay the boom on him. Consistency will be the key for our promising rookie. He’s going to be counted on more going forward to be one of our leading weapons and I know he will be up to the task.
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

I am thrilled to Death with Jerry Jeduy WoW Denver really got a special WR. Jerrys Route Running and his Feet are DOPE !!

Comment

With new players getting time hopefully we get to see some unexpected play makers.

The obvious ones are Jeudy and Hamler. We should get to see a lot of time from these guys.

There is a lot of opportunity for guys to step up and show they belong in the NFL. Maybe take a starting spot from another guy on the Broncos...maybe become a solid depth guy...maybe show another team they are valuable.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          I am thrilled to Death with Jerry Jeduy WoW Denver really got a special WR. Jerrys Route Running and his Feet are DOPE !!
                          I like what he does after the catch. Very shifty. Gets extra yards after the catch. I'm not worried about his hands yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                            Just needs to get more consistent catching the ball (hard to think he won't since it's only been 2 games) but I think he'd have surpassed Sutton for #1 receiver by the end of the year if Sutton stayed healthy.

Comment

Working...
                            X