No announcement yet.

Calm Down Broncos Country, It's Only Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you are so dramatic, first game of the season, no pre-season. Learn to relax!
    I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
      Some of you are so dramatic, first game of the season, no pre-season. Learn to relax!
      I've learned there exists a fandom-spectrum.

Being positive can be a healthy outlook.

Denver has a realistic shot at Penei Sewell.

Comment

A lot of it has to do with unrealistic expectations. This team has a puncher's chance at realizing their potential this season, but I'm already looking at this season as a developmental/rebuilding year. My expectations as far as W/L are not that high, so it's easy to sit back and enjoy watching the young talent.

As many have said, there are definitely some positives to be taken out of that game. I hope to see them improve and compete as the season wears on. If they catch fire and make some sort of magical playoff run, great. Still, as long as they show steady improvement and promise, I will be very encouraged about our chances is 2021.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          A lot of it has to do with unrealistic expectations. This team has a puncher's chance at realizing their potential this season, but I'm already looking at this season as a developmental/rebuilding year. My expectations as far as W/L are not that high, so it's easy to sit back and enjoy watching the young talent.

As many have said, there are definitely some positives to be taken out of that game. I hope to see them improve and compete as the season wears on. If they catch fire and make some sort of magical playoff run, great. Still, as long as they show steady improvement and promise, I will be very encouraged about our chances is 2021.
          The problem is that we are still waiting for change and after last Monday Nights performance all us fans see is the same ole same ole 17-14 Loss in the last 30 seconds of the Game just like Last Year we are tired of losing we want to see a winning team.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
            Almost every year there will be posts like these. It's the ole...

We seem to be on the same page pretty much on various topics, and the only difference here is that I had us winning a couple more games initially. Of course losing Miller was not in my prediction, and for a moment, losing Sutton long term would have been a bit devastating this soon. Fortunately he'll return soon, and truth is, injuries happen.

But for barely more than a preseason game, we could have easily won, and there might be a few more folks saying more positive things.

I need to see more of Chubb down the road, and I need convincing that some of our coaching is as good as can be expected at this level. I know I harp on it, but time management is a serious coach skill. It usually is a major part of how the half ends and how the game ends. Failure to have clock management skills means you are not a complete HC, although Andy Reid proved that he has more than enough compensating skills to be a champ...and I luv it!

But if folks here were asked to give a snap shot gut feeling, how would they respond to this....."Is the future bright for The Broncos?", I think most would feel decent about it. I feel confident that we have most of the key pieces in place. Probably a couple of players away from being a real contender, and probably a year or two away in terms of chemistry/growth.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
              The problem is that we are still waiting for change and after last Monday Nights performance all us fans see is the same ole same ole 17-14 Loss in the last 30 seconds of the Game just like Last Year we are tired of losing we want to see a winning team.
              I get that. The difference for me is the last several years, we've been sold a false bill of goods - "One vet FA QB away from winning". That was obviously a farce and they ended up having no other recourse than to change to a youth movement/rebuild.

I'm personally ok with tolerating a rebuilding year because at least we finally have some young, promising talent. I never thought this was going to be a winning team this year. Now add in a bunch of injuries.

So we have actually seen change. We're no longer in the vet FA QB philosophy. We're switching to a youth movement/rebuild philosophy.

The problem is that youth movements rarely turn into winning seasons instantly. This is really just a 16 game preseason for 2021 in my eyes. I'm embracing the rebuild philosophy. It's actually quite liberating. I will legit enjoy watching these young guys develop. Next year will be the payoff in my eyes.

As far as coaching is concerned, that is a big question in my mind this year. I hope to heck this staff gets it together this year. This is going to be a very telling season for Vic and the rest of the staff.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                We seem to be on the same page pretty much on various topics, and the only difference here is that I had us winning a couple more games initially. Of course losing Miller was not in my prediction, and for a moment, losing Sutton long term would have been a bit devastating this soon. Fortunately he'll return soon, and truth is, injuries happen.

But for barely more than a preseason game, we could have easily won, and there might be a few more folks saying more positive things.

I need to see more of Chubb down the road, and I need convincing that some of our coaching is as good as can be expected at this level. I know I harp on it, but time management is a serious coach skill. It usually is a major part of how the half ends and how the game ends. Failure to have clock management skills means you are not a complete HC, although Andy Reid proved that he has more than enough compensating skills to be a champ...and I luv it!

But if folks here were asked to give a snap shot gut feeling, how would they respond to this....."Is the future bright for The Broncos?", I think most would feel decent about it. I feel confident that we have most of the key pieces in place. Probably a couple of players away from being a real contender, and probably a year or two away in terms of chemistry/growth.
                I'm very enthusiastic about this youth movement. Totally agree with your assessment. Need to see more out of our few vet players. Need coaching staff to get it together. Still, the young nucleus is promising.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm very enthusiastic about this youth movement. Totally agree with your assessment. Need to see more out of our few vet players. Need coaching staff to get it together. Still, the young nucleus is promising.
                  On the bright side of not winning too many games (though I still think we will win 8 or more), imagine if we got one more high draft pick before we "break out"!! OT, DE/OLB, ILB, CB......all sound good to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg
                    I wonder what the odds were on Garett Bolles being PFF's #1 ranked OT after week 1?
                    Some on this message board will need to regain consciousness after the shock of that news before they can reply.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Some on this message board will need to regain consciousness after the shock of that news before they can reply.
                      On Broncos Country Tonight, Benjamin Allbright said he was. I've just checked just to be sure... he isn't even close.

Comment

people can whine about coaching
                        whine about elway
                        whine about this and whine about that
                        and end it all with the " we heard all the excuses every year"

BUT

on offense we do have the youngest starting offense in the league think about it
                        QB 2nd year 6 games under his belt
                        PL, 3rd
                        risner,2nd
                        cushinberry rookie
                        TE, 2nd yr
                        sutton 3rd
                        patrick 3rd
                        beck 2nd
                        jeudy rook
                        hamilton, 3rd
                        KJ rook
                        cleveland was out there...a rook

that is a lot of youth !!, then consider no spring camps, no preseason, new OC, all the team learning a new offense

as for the defense, sure we can get mad and cry fire the coach like a clueless dweeb
                        but we were playing a team that played in the AFC title game last year, with a beast rb that you must stop, you pick your poison, let the titans running game obliterate your defense, or focus on henry and hope the pass defense can contain and consider this lil point....they have the number 1 red zone offense in the league last year
                        while we are a week and a half into adjusting for life without von, with chubb clearly not back yet, and playing two rookie CBs

its not all doom and gloom, we will start to win some games
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          people can whine about coaching
                          whine about elway
                          whine about this and whine about that
                          and end it all with the " we heard all the excuses every year"

BUT

on offense we do have the youngest starting offense in the league think about it
                          QB 2nd year 6 games under his belt
                          PL, 3rd
                          risner,2nd
                          cushinberry rookie
                          TE, 2nd yr
                          sutton 3rd
                          patrick 3rd
                          beck 2nd
                          jeudy rook
                          hamilton, 3rd
                          KJ rook
                          cleveland was out there...a rook

that is a lot of youth !!, then consider no spring camps, no preseason, new OC, all the team learning a new offense

as for the defense, sure we can get mad and cry fire the coach like a clueless dweeb
                          but we were playing a team that played in the AFC title game last year, with a beast rb that you must stop, you pick your poison, let the titans running game obliterate your defense, or focus on henry and hope the pass defense can contain and consider this lil point....they have the number 1 red zone offense in the league last year
                          while we are a week and a half into adjusting for life without von, with chubb clearly not back yet, and playing two rookie CBs

its not all doom and gloom, we will start to win some games
                          I understand your take. And I agree with most of it. But whining about does not accurately describe bad clock management. It's not a 'but no preseason" thing. It was blatant error by a HC who has been around the block for some time. If he wasn't "feeling it", as he has not been a HC for a long time, he should have talked to his other coaches.

Lets also remember that The Broncos have blown the lead in the final 30 seconds in 6 out of 17 games he's been in Denver.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 09-17-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I understand your take. And I agree with most of it. But whining about does not accurately describe bad clock management. It's not a 'but no preseason" thing. It was blatant error by a HC who has been around the block for some time. If he wasn't "feeling it", as he has not been a HC for a long time, he should have talked to his other coaches.

Lets also remember that The Broncos have blown the lead in the final 30 seconds in 6 out of 17 games he's been in Denver.
                            Yeah it’s bad on his part but it’s also bad on the part of the 11 guys on defense who also didn’t call a timeout. Not an excuse but it is a team effort

Comment

I guess we Win together and I guess we Lose together.

Comment

I've seen games won at the end by calling time, have seen them lost by calling time, and have seen it make no difference by doing so. Anyone who says that the one thing that lost the game was the way the clock was managed at the end, either didn't watch the whole game, or didn't pay attention or forgot. Tennessee's last drive would be different if all the timeouts had been used. We have no way of knowing in what manner it which would have differed. We also don't know how much time Denver would have had if the TOs had been called. It's possible there would have been no time or about the same with no TOs. Some claim to know exactly how much time Denver would have had. Ridiculous. Even if there had been more time, it might have been after a TD instead of a FG. Even if there had been more time, there is no way of knowing what would have happened. It could have been dropped passes, overthrown passes, fumble or sack. Or Denver could have scored. Key word is if; impossible to know. It's the first game of sixteen. Time to hide the panic buttons. Also time to put away the pitchforks and torches. Calling for the coach to be fired is way premature.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X