Calm Down Broncos Country, It's Only Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calm Down Broncos Country, It's Only Week 1

Hey Broncos Country, I'm disappointed in the loss, but am excited about this team! We scored twice in the Red Zone in one game. I can't remember the last time that happened. Plus we moved the ball down the field. I kept saying to myself that Sutton and Hamler were both out. Jeudy was still owning his routes, he just had opening day jitters and dropped passes. They are going to carve up defenses! I can feel it! Lindsay also got hurt, but he and Gordon are going to be alright together and we still have Freeman! We have to remember... out of all of the teams (with the exception of Washington) that got new coaches/coordinators in the off-season, they all lost in week one. That is what happens when there is no preseason. No matter who you are, you can not simulate live action football without live action football. So I want all of us to relax. I did like the playcalling from Pat Shurmur. The Titans are a good team and we had them on the ropes. Imagine if we had all our weapons, because the Titans were tired. They barely survived. Our Defense is going to be ok, even without Von. What a game Josey Jewell played, and #45 Mr. Alexander! Casey is a beast and of course K-Jack was a playmaker. The young guys just don't need to make stupid penalties. Lastly, Noah Fant is going to be great. I really like that dude! I can't explain the timeouts not being used at the end, but if we had used timeouts and Tennessee had scored a touchdown, we might have been complaining why we chose to stop the clock. That is a tough coaching decision to be in. It reminds me of when we did that to Mike Holmgren in SB XXXII. So let's relax Broncos Country, it's a long season, we have a good team. We have come a long way in a year, especially in the Red Zone! GO BRONCOS!!!

This team has the youngest offense in the league. We have talent, but with an incompetent coaching staff like we’ve had for years, it’s an uphill battle for a young squad to overcome that. No moral victory hear. We competed but let horrible coaching lose another close game, once again.

Comment

Originally posted by DonnyBronco View Post
      Hey Broncos Country, I'm disappointed in the loss, but am excited about this team! We scored twice in the Red Zone in one game. I can't remember the last time that happened. Plus we moved the ball down the field. I kept saying to myself that Sutton and Hamler were both out. Jeudy was still owning his routes, he just had opening day jitters and dropped passes. They are going to carve up defenses! I can feel it! Lindsay also got hurt, but he and Gordon are going to be alright together and we still have Freeman! We have to remember... out of all of the teams (with the exception of Washington) that got new coaches/coordinators in the off-season, they all lost in week one. That is what happens when there is no preseason. No matter who you are, you can not simulate live action football without live action football. So I want all of us to relax. I did like the playcalling from Pat Shurmur. The Titans are a good team and we had them on the ropes. Imagine if we had all our weapons, because the Titans were tired. They barely survived. Our Defense is going to be ok, even without Von. What a game Josey Jewell played, and #45 Mr. Alexander! Casey is a beast and of course K-Jack was a playmaker. The young guys just don't need to make stupid penalties. Lastly, Noah Fant is going to be great. I really like that dude! I can't explain the timeouts not being used at the end, but if we had used timeouts and Tennessee had scored a touchdown, we might have been complaining why we chose to stop the clock. That is a tough coaching decision to be in. It reminds me of when we did that to Mike Holmgren in SB XXXII. So let's relax Broncos Country, it's a long season, we have a good team. We have come a long way in a year, especially in the Red Zone! GO BRONCOS!!!
      Take off those prim rose glasses. The Titans played like crap. We was out coached.

Comment

CPs for positivity OP but gonna have a hard time pushing aside the wave of hurt feelings after a loss ... trust me I have seen it for over a decade
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Youth I can forgive. Idiotic coaching from a guy who has spent a lifetime in coaching. Nah....

Comment

Sure there were some positives if you look for them. But is that enough?

Team still couldn’t score. Still found a “way to lose” as they did multiple times last year. And frankly, another example of how bad teams find a way to do so.

I’m disappointed because I expected more. Instead we saw a repeat of last year’s fiascos instead of them finding a way to win a winnable game. Just can’t squander opportunities this way. Again!

Of course it is game one but Pittsburgh will be tough next week and a young team hoping to battle themselves into playoff spot can’t dig themselves too deep a hole.

Comment

The season was lost, if there was any hope to begin with, when Von was hurt. Rationally, there’s just no way you can expect much from this offense given their youth and the offseason they didn’t get to have....

With that said, it’s painfully obvious that you aren’t winning anything with Pat Shurmur calling the plays, or when you employ a 3/4 defense, and 3 of your LBs probably don’t start on any other team in the NFL.

For example, our first GL appearance of the season, and what does PS do? Dive small Lindsey up for a predictable no gain. Calls a slow developing player action , knowing EW can’t protect the right side, then in 4th down he goes Old School, and runs a stupid waggle or shuffle pass?

As if that wasn’t enough, on their second to last drive, after the second brutal Jeudy drop, PS decides to sacrifice a down to burn 30 seconds, knowing that’ll put your young QB in a third and long situation, when they haven’t had much success that day...

The moment third down came, I just knew we would regret burning that 30 seconds. That would’ve been difference for us to get back into FG range. Most importantly, it’s a loser’s mentality. We have lead, the ball at midfield, and mere minutes remain in the game. Pat is thinking burning clock... I’m think a first down wins the game, so that is mission imperative 1.... I may even throw 4 times and try to win with my offense, knowing my defense wasn’t going to hold them from getting into FG range!

Now, I don’t mind bc I don’t expect anything from this season. Development is the key. But don’t give me the experience angle with PS. He has no creativity. Just a robot afraid to lose. That’s not the mentality this team needs if it were to defy the odds and have a good season this year.

And, look... you can’t even field a decent defense with AJ Johnson and Josey Jewell as your starting ILBs and some
              Whoever on the outside. That’s brutal.

And Simmons is the big ticket franchise man, but he just is dependable... that’s it. But not special or spectacular. He doesn’t make impact plays. Sure, he’ll back into a play once or twice a season, but he’s not a consistent playmaker.

Simmons dropped an INT and failed to make his imprint. I’m. It giving that guy a big contract. He’s a good player, but he’s always lost and pointing fingers when the critical plays are occurring.

So, wins are going to be hard to come by bc the offense is young and the defense has a major hole in it, and it’ll get worse before it gets better... Tenn should’ve had 30....

Comment

It's one thing to lose to a good team.

It's another to lose to a team that's not a world-beater, making horrible coaching decisions and choking at the very end.... AGAIN!!!

Yeah, it's week 1.....and we lose when we should have won.

Comment

One positive is that it’s just one game in what will probably end up being a weird year where anything might happen week-to-week given the unconventional circumstances. The other positive is that TEN was the 2nd best team in the AFC by the end of the season last year. Not always pretty- but with Vrabel they’ve come to understand what it takes to win. Looking back, probably one of the harder games on our schedule than I for one originally gave it credit for (remembered last year’s game when TEN wasn’t good yet, generally become used to winning home openers, etc.).

Ultimately, we just have to live with the fact that we are more talented in places- but VERY green. Personally, always saw this as a 7-9/8-8 “developmental”-type year with Lock probably having to fight it at times- but hopefully setting up for an exciting 2021-2023 window (at least). Tough loss- but don’t see why we can’t stay on schedule. Just have to stick together, let Vic/Shurmur coach ‘em up, and get better...

Comment

That was really bad and the injury bugs killed this team. 6 win seasons hard to stomach

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      That was really bad and the injury bugs killed this team. 6 win seasons hard to stomach
                      6 wins? That'll be a miracle if we get there.

Already lost to the Titans
                      2 losses to the Chiefs
                      Split, at best, with Chargers and Raiders, but I'm not holding my breath.
                      Should beat the Jets
                      Lose to Steelers, Bills, Buccaneers, Saints for sure.
                      Probably will lose to the Patriots and Falcons.
                      Panthers and Dolphins are toss ups.

I have no faith in this team, and it's not the players, it's the coaching.

Fangio is not a good NFL head coach. And as long as he's here, I don't see us winning anything.
                      Last edited by sra84; 09-15-2020, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I know anything can happen, and I know it's only week 1. But, there is a lot of similarities to last season. I'm more worried about the horrible coaching than anything....

Comment

Until the Broncos are actually a better team, and winning consistently, I'm not going to expect much.
                          I think we're on the right track with the veteran coaching staff, and the young Talent. We just have to see if it all comes together?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            Until the Broncos are actually a better team, and winning consistently, I'm not going to expect much.
                            I think we're on the right track with the veteran coaching staff, and the young Talent. We just have to see if it all comes together?
                            We may need a statement win - I think Lock definitely need this. Perhaps if we win a Pittsburgh on Sunday things will look a bit different to the way the do today?

Comment

calm down? nope! don't think so...

horrible coaching on the final drive, oh yeah another game without a sack or turnover...sounds just like last season when they became the first team ever to do that for first 4 games
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X