No announcement yet.

10-6* (Still)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to be realistic that our above average players are very young/unproven, injured, or coming off of injury. Exceptions are Casey and Simmons. And we have some below average positions (both T’s on offense and ILB defensively). It’s going to take time and some players getting healthy to become a playoff team. The window opens when KC can’t pay a full team, starting next year. Hopefully by then experience and another offseason puts us in a position to go deep into the playoffs. This year is 8-8 at best.

Comment

We can go 0-16 or 15-1 from here. This is a weird season so it is hard to really know what is going to happen.

My life is better when I have positive thoughts so I am going to keep the faith we will make the playoffs until we mathematically eliminated

What I would really like to see in 2020 is an offense that ranks some where between 1-18 in points scored. Yea I know we probably will not be top 10 but I do not want to exclude that.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

If we can win this extremely tough matchup then I agree, 10-6 is double. If not, I have a hard time seeing it. If this is a loss I see another 7-9 or 8-8

Comment

This feels like a 4-12 team.
          sigpic

Comment

Ahahaha 10-6. This team will be lucky to go 6-10.
            sigpic

Comment

6-10 maybe, just maybe

Comment

What if this team goes 0-16? I know that sounds ridiculous, but think about it. Their schedule is murderous. TB next week, still have to play everyone in their division twice. The only game that may be winnable is the Jets and even that is a question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                  What if this team goes 0-16? I know that sounds ridiculous, but think about it. Their schedule is murderous. TB next week, still have to play everyone in their division twice. The only game that may be winnable is the Jets and even that is a question mark.
                  Yikes. If that were to happen, I think a lot of things come into question and we're looking at a pretty wild ride.
                  sigpic

Comment

With our injuries to hang in with the Steelers only down 5 and the Tennessee Titans might be the best team in the AFC right now. We could win 6 games, but that isn't really a failure if we keep competing short handed.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                      would that be the only scenario where elway would consider resigning , a cynic could say the injuries and ' development of a young team ' are a good excuse to hang on but what would it take for elway to resign , we had this scenario about hanging in tough and scraping to .500 under vance joseph but if the unanimous conclusion is they were going nowhere under vj now another two years with fangio , lets just say even with a healthy roster throughout the 21 reg season they go 6 - 10 what exactly or when does elway resign , and can anyone think of another nfl team where a gm keeps his job after 5 straight losing seasons ?

Comment

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
                        would that be the only scenario where elway would consider resigning , a cynic could say the injuries and ' development of a young team ' are a good excuse to hang on but what would it take for elway to resign , we had this scenario about hanging in tough and scraping to .500 under vance joseph but if the unanimous conclusion is they were going nowhere under vj now another two years with fangio , lets just say even with a healthy roster throughout the 21 reg season they go 6 - 10 what exactly or when does elway resign , and can anyone think of another nfl team where a gm keeps his job after 5 straight losing seasons ?
                        I think a huge part of this will be resolved once there is an owner named. I'm hopeful this person has the same mindset as Pat did with regard to winning championships is all that we do.

Comment

I was optimistic and had 10 and 6 as a real possibility prior to the season. With the injuries to such key players, I am not sure that 8 and 8 is possible.

The team does not show a lack of effort, and that alone can win a few games.

Is there any one thing, other than injury? Well, good teams win close games. I forget the % but close games are a pretty much a normal event in The NFL. In the last 2 seasons we have lost too many close games. My gut tells me it's been multiple things......Oline, QBing, lack of pressure on opposing QBs, lapses in coaching strategy, other. So as optimistic as I was a few weeks ago, I feel like we are various pieces away from a real playoff team. It's like my old golf game....not too shabby, but each time I played it might be the driver, the putter, the long irons, the short irons, and often never the same problem or strength.

Maybe this year has a different purpose now, given the injuries. Maye we regroup, finish hard, and pick up some more draft capital to get us over the edge. Lots of games left though, and one extra playoff spot.

Comment

If the team had all our players yes probably better. We are just crippled trying to make it to the next game

Comment

Tampa Bay next. KC twice. Shoot, even the Chargers twice. Patriots coming up also. Saints later.
                              No. 10-6 not happening.
                              Maybe it's tank time??
                              Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                I was optimistic and had 10 and 6 as a real possibility prior to the season. With the injuries to such key players, I am not sure that 8 and 8 is possible.

The team does not show a lack of effort, and that alone can win a few games.

Is there any one thing, other than injury? Well, good teams win close games. I forget the % but close games are a pretty much a normal event in The NFL. In the last 2 seasons we have lost too many close games. My gut tells me it's been multiple things......Oline, QBing, lack of pressure on opposing QBs, lapses in coaching strategy, other. So as optimistic as I was a few weeks ago, I feel like we are various pieces away from a real playoff team. It's like my old golf game....not too shabby, but each time I played it might be the driver, the putter, the long irons, the short irons, and often never the same problem or strength.

Maybe this year has a different purpose now, given the injuries. Maye we regroup, finish hard, and pick up some more draft capital to get us over the edge. Lots of games left though, and one extra playoff spot.
                                I still think we're not out of it just yet. It's looking like most teams will have a significant number of long term injuries this season. Maybe we're getting our early and will become much luckier as the season pans out?

Comment

Working...
                                X