Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    I'm good with the enthusiasm, and I still give us a small but realistic shot at the playoffs. At points in the game, I thought we were the better team. Some miscues of course, and some rustiness, as was witnessed throughout the league.

For us to do well, Sutton will return soon enough, and we should try to employ more Fant. He looked good for parts of the game. Hard to tackle as well. And yes, Drew will have to be a wee bit more accurate. On D, I expect much more from Chubb. It's one thing to lose Von, but another to have our high draft pick from a year ago be limited in production. But we still have Simmons and Casey and solid group around them, who know how to make Henry look average.

So, barring significant injuries, I like what we have, for the most part, But I must now add to the mix that I am concerned about coaching, given the debacle we witnessed at the most important time in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    That’s some serious optimism. We are a young team who is currently hurting after 1 week. 5 wins might be our ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    The Broncos will be lucky to go 8-8.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Love the enthusiasm. I'm all for it. Just don't expect it this year. There were definitely some encouraging flashes, so there's a chance they could catch fire. I'm just embracing the fact that this is a rebuilding and development season. Hope for the best, but I'm keeping my expectations under control.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Had to look at a calendar. Thought today was April 1st for a second.

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    started a topic 10-6* (Still)

10-6* (Still)

*Assuming we play a full schedule.

I liked a lot about what our defense did. Henry was never allowed to take the game over. We prevented the big play all night. Areas of concern are play action, which they hit almost every time, and getting pressure on the QB. We got very little.

Offensively, Jeudy's drops hurt. A lot. Especially the third down drop late in the 4th. We pick up that first down and we probably win the game.

I don't mind going for it on 4th and goal from the 1. I mind not making it. A simple bootleg would have done the trick.

Sutton will bring a huge boost to this offense. I'll be glad when he's back.
Working...
X