Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-6* (Still)

*Assuming we play a full schedule.

I liked a lot about what our defense did. Henry was never allowed to take the game over. We prevented the big play all night. Areas of concern are play action, which they hit almost every time, and getting pressure on the QB. We got very little.

Offensively, Jeudy's drops hurt. A lot. Especially the third down drop late in the 4th. We pick up that first down and we probably win the game.

I don't mind going for it on 4th and goal from the 1. I mind not making it. A simple bootleg would have done the trick.

Sutton will bring a huge boost to this offense. I'll be glad when he's back.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Had to look at a calendar. Thought today was April 1st for a second.

Comment

Love the enthusiasm. I'm all for it. Just don't expect it this year. There were definitely some encouraging flashes, so there's a chance they could catch fire. I'm just embracing the fact that this is a rebuilding and development season. Hope for the best, but I'm keeping my expectations under control.
      sigpic

Comment

The Broncos will be lucky to go 8-8.
        You Mad Bro?

Comment

That’s some serious optimism. We are a young team who is currently hurting after 1 week. 5 wins might be our ceiling.

Comment

I'm good with the enthusiasm, and I still give us a small but realistic shot at the playoffs. At points in the game, I thought we were the better team. Some miscues of course, and some rustiness, as was witnessed throughout the league.

For us to do well, Sutton will return soon enough, and we should try to employ more Fant. He looked good for parts of the game. Hard to tackle as well. And yes, Drew will have to be a wee bit more accurate. On D, I expect much more from Chubb. It's one thing to lose Von, but another to have our high draft pick from a year ago be limited in production. But we still have Simmons and Casey and solid group around them, who know how to make Henry look average.

So, barring significant injuries, I like what we have, for the most part, But I must now add to the mix that I am concerned about coaching, given the debacle we witnessed at the most important time in the game.

Comment

It's all about confidence with young teams (look at the Nuggets). Obviously there is also the matter of basic talent but I think we have that.

But we can't fall too far behind. It's almost a most win on Sunday. If we can do it, and we have some fans for Brady day the following week, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                It's all about confidence with young teams (look at the Nuggets). Obviously there is also the matter of basic talent but I think we have that.

But we can't fall too far behind. It's almost a most win on Sunday. If we can do it, and we have some fans for Brady day the following week, anything can happen.
                Losing to another AFC team so early this week would be real bad in an AFC that’s stacked again this year. And considering we are already in last in our division... a must win might be a little over the top but it is close to the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I'm good with the enthusiasm, and I still give us a small but realistic shot at the playoffs. At points in the game, I thought we were the better team. Some miscues of course, and some rustiness, as was witnessed throughout the league.

For us to do well, Sutton will return soon enough, and we should try to employ more Fant. He looked good for parts of the game. Hard to tackle as well. And yes, Drew will have to be a wee bit more accurate. On D, I expect much more from Chubb. It's one thing to lose Von, but another to have our high draft pick from a year ago be limited in production. But we still have Simmons and Casey and solid group around them, who know how to make Henry look average.

So, barring significant injuries, I like what we have, for the most part, But I must now add to the mix that I am concerned about coaching, given the debacle we witnessed at the most important time in the game.
                  Yes. If I'm honest, that's the biggest concern. You don't even have to be a good coach to manage the clock better than we did. That was just insane. I was screaming at my tv. I didn't understand that at all.

Comment

That’s some good optimism but I’d say closer to 8-8 or 7-9 year.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can still see 10 wins. Our schedule is still fairly weak IMO. I didn’t see anything from the Raiders or Chargers that made think we couldn’t sweep them. We can probably sweep the NFC South. Falcons aren’t impressive, the Panthers will go as far as McCaffrey can take them with an occasional long play by Anderson, Brady was wholly unimpressive in his debut with the Bucs, and we play the Saints around the time Brees starts his end of season decline. Outside of that, the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots are beatable. The Bills will be tough as will the Steelers and we probably get swept by KC.

All in all 10 wins is very attainable for this team. Hopefully they bounce back strong this week and steal a game.

Comment

5 wins at most. We probably don't win our first game until week 4 at the Jets. Couldn't even beat an overrated Titans team who missed 3 field goals and an extra point. Only scored 14 points... not gonna cut it against Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Kansas City and some of the other teams on our schedule.

Fangio....is... not...a.. good...head... coach.

Shurmur....is...not...a... good...OC.

Stop hiring old retreads. Get some new, innovative, offensive minds and a good DC to coach the defense that doesn't give up game winning drives, constantly.

This team stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          5 wins at most. We probably don't win our first game until week 4 at the Jets. Couldn't even beat an overrated Titans team who missed 3 field goals and an extra point. Only scored 14 points... not gonna cut it against Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Kansas City and some of the other teams on our schedule.

Fangio....is... not...a.. good...head... coach.

Shurmur....is...not...a... good...OC.

Stop hiring old retreads. Get some new, innovative, offensive minds and a good DC to coach the defense that doesn't give up game winning drives, constantly.

This team stinks.
                          If internet message boards were around in the mid-90's, do you know how many Browns' fans would have said that about Bill Bellichick? Or how many Patriots' fans would have said that about Pete Carroll? You can't judge a guy on a year and 1 game. We were competitive in every game we played last year except 2, with 3 starting quarterbacks and new systems on both sides of the ball. You know how many teams that stink are competitive in every game they play (save for the two chief's games)? None. Miami got smoked, multiple times. Cincinnati got smoked, multiple times.

I know it sucks being patient, but you can't skip steps. Sean McVays don't happen very often. Brand new head coaches take time. Even Kyle Shanahan needed time, and his Daddy was a disaster his first time as a head coach with the Raiders.

You don't have to have blind faith, you can trust the facts to help you believe. We gave up no sacks. That's a positive. Didn't see a single holding penalty on the O-line. Our D-line got push multiple times. Henry was held to less than 4 yards a carry. Gordon carried at a 5.1 clip against a stout D-line. If Jeudy makes that last 3rd down catch, we win the game. If he makes both of the catches he dropped, we win by more points.

I'm not sure what you expected out of the youngest offense in the league with a brand new offensive system, no off season program and no preseason games. I get wanting to see the 2013 Broncos offense. I wanted that too. But expecting to see it would have been crazy. These boys are going to be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                            If internet message boards were around in the mid-90's, do you know how many Browns' fans would have said that about Bill Bellichick? Or how many Patriots' fans would have said that about Pete Carroll? You can't judge a guy on a year and 1 game. We were competitive in every game we played last year except 2, with 3 starting quarterbacks and new systems on both sides of the ball. You know how many teams that stink are competitive in every game they play (save for the two chief's games)? None. Miami got smoked, multiple times. Cincinnati got smoked, multiple times.

I know it sucks being patient, but you can't skip steps. Sean McVays don't happen very often. Brand new head coaches take time. Even Kyle Shanahan needed time, and his Daddy was a disaster his first time as a head coach with the Raiders.

You don't have to have blind faith, you can trust the facts to help you believe. We gave up no sacks. That's a positive. Didn't see a single holding penalty on the O-line. Our D-line got push multiple times. Henry was held to less than 4 yards a carry. Gordon carried at a 5.1 clip against a stout D-line. If Jeudy makes that last 3rd down catch, we win the game. If he makes both of the catches he dropped, we win by more points.

I'm not sure what you expected out of the youngest offense in the league with a brand new offensive system, no off season program and no preseason games. I get wanting to see the 2013 Broncos offense. I wanted that too. But expecting to see it would have been crazy. These boys are going to be just fine.
                            This ^^^

I don't know what "fine" looks like this year, but I consider the first 2-4 games of this season our "preseason." All of the factors mentioned above (young offense and new system/OC) are exactly what I was expecting. In the prediction thread, I think I said 2-3 in the first 5 games. Hoping for better, but this tracks so far.

Fangio's handling of the 4th quarter was disappointing for sure, but as I mentioned in another thread, I chalk that up to a relatively new HC forgetting momentarily that he's not just the DC anymore and that problem is probably already fixed. I'm looking forward to consistent improvement all through the season, but especially after the first quarter mark.

Go Broncos!

Comment

We gotta take 1 game at a time.
                              (Let's try to get to 1-1 before worrying about 10-6)

Comment

Working...
                              X