• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    With injuries the Broncos look like the worst team in the NFL right now
    It just feels that way because we just played two solid playoff level teams. I have spent more time watching other teams this year than re-watching Bronco games. We can compete for the worst team in the NFL at 0-3 but we actually good enough to not draft in the top 10....which kind of sucks for 2021 in ways.

Our defense kept us in games until TB.

Problem is our offense is still horrible. Can add all the WRs, TEs, QBs and OCs we want but if a subway turnstile will slow down the DL faster than our Center and RT than it really does not matter what else we do.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    With injuries the Broncos look like the worst team in the NFL right now

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    This feels like a 4-12 team.
    Agreed.....just don't see us winning much.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by shadowlands View Post
    Tampa Bay next. KC twice. Shoot, even the Chargers twice. Patriots coming up also. Saints later.
    No. 10-6 not happening.
    Maybe it's tank time??
    Sure. I think if we replaced the O-Line with tanks, that would be effective. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by welderhead View Post
    I have a problem with the coaching IF they think Lock is an RPO quarterback. IMO Lock is not Cam Newton and not many people are, so I say that coaches who are after their very own Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson should be told by an adult that that is just too bad. Show Lock some Curt Warner films and promise to fine him every time he crosses the line of scrimmage or gets sacked. I like his arm. His swagger not so much.
    What does RPO have to do with Lock crossing the LoS? The RB is the run option not the QB. Unless you’re talking about the read option but they haven’t done that once with him. Why would the coaching staff show him film of a Seattle RB, that seems counterproductive. But if you mean Kurt Warner, then he had many injury riddled seasons as well as a statue pocket passing QB.

Leave a comment:

• welderhead
    replied
    I have a problem with the coaching IF they think Lock is an RPO quarterback. IMO Lock is not Cam Newton and not many people are, so I say that coaches who are after their very own Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson should be told by an adult that that is just too bad. Show Lock some Curt Warner films and promise to fine him every time he crosses the line of scrimmage or gets sacked. I like his arm. His swagger not so much.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I was optimistic and had 10 and 6 as a real possibility prior to the season. With the injuries to such key players, I am not sure that 8 and 8 is possible.

The team does not show a lack of effort, and that alone can win a few games.

Is there any one thing, other than injury? Well, good teams win close games. I forget the % but close games are a pretty much a normal event in The NFL. In the last 2 seasons we have lost too many close games. My gut tells me it's been multiple things......Oline, QBing, lack of pressure on opposing QBs, lapses in coaching strategy, other. So as optimistic as I was a few weeks ago, I feel like we are various pieces away from a real playoff team. It's like my old golf game....not too shabby, but each time I played it might be the driver, the putter, the long irons, the short irons, and often never the same problem or strength.

Maybe this year has a different purpose now, given the injuries. Maye we regroup, finish hard, and pick up some more draft capital to get us over the edge. Lots of games left though, and one extra playoff spot.
    I still think we're not out of it just yet. It's looking like most teams will have a significant number of long term injuries this season. Maybe we're getting our early and will become much luckier as the season pans out?

Leave a comment:

• shadowlands
    replied
    Tampa Bay next. KC twice. Shoot, even the Chargers twice. Patriots coming up also. Saints later.
    No. 10-6 not happening.
    Maybe it's tank time??

Leave a comment:

• $Broncos$
    replied
    If the team had all our players yes probably better. We are just crippled trying to make it to the next game

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I was optimistic and had 10 and 6 as a real possibility prior to the season. With the injuries to such key players, I am not sure that 8 and 8 is possible.

The team does not show a lack of effort, and that alone can win a few games.

Is there any one thing, other than injury? Well, good teams win close games. I forget the % but close games are a pretty much a normal event in The NFL. In the last 2 seasons we have lost too many close games. My gut tells me it's been multiple things......Oline, QBing, lack of pressure on opposing QBs, lapses in coaching strategy, other. So as optimistic as I was a few weeks ago, I feel like we are various pieces away from a real playoff team. It's like my old golf game....not too shabby, but each time I played it might be the driver, the putter, the long irons, the short irons, and often never the same problem or strength.

Maybe this year has a different purpose now, given the injuries. Maye we regroup, finish hard, and pick up some more draft capital to get us over the edge. Lots of games left though, and one extra playoff spot.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
    would that be the only scenario where elway would consider resigning , a cynic could say the injuries and ' development of a young team ' are a good excuse to hang on but what would it take for elway to resign , we had this scenario about hanging in tough and scraping to .500 under vance joseph but if the unanimous conclusion is they were going nowhere under vj now another two years with fangio , lets just say even with a healthy roster throughout the 21 reg season they go 6 - 10 what exactly or when does elway resign , and can anyone think of another nfl team where a gm keeps his job after 5 straight losing seasons ?
    I think a huge part of this will be resolved once there is an owner named. I'm hopeful this person has the same mindset as Pat did with regard to winning championships is all that we do.

Leave a comment:

• dbfansincefeb87
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    What if this team goes 0-16? I know that sounds ridiculous, but think about it. Their schedule is murderous. TB next week, still have to play everyone in their division twice. The only game that may be winnable is the Jets and even that is a question mark.
    would that be the only scenario where elway would consider resigning , a cynic could say the injuries and ' development of a young team ' are a good excuse to hang on but what would it take for elway to resign , we had this scenario about hanging in tough and scraping to .500 under vance joseph but if the unanimous conclusion is they were going nowhere under vj now another two years with fangio , lets just say even with a healthy roster throughout the 21 reg season they go 6 - 10 what exactly or when does elway resign , and can anyone think of another nfl team where a gm keeps his job after 5 straight losing seasons ?

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    With our injuries to hang in with the Steelers only down 5 and the Tennessee Titans might be the best team in the AFC right now. We could win 6 games, but that isn't really a failure if we keep competing short handed.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    What if this team goes 0-16? I know that sounds ridiculous, but think about it. Their schedule is murderous. TB next week, still have to play everyone in their division twice. The only game that may be winnable is the Jets and even that is a question mark.
    Yikes. If that were to happen, I think a lot of things come into question and we're looking at a pretty wild ride.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X