Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bouye getting sent to IR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    He was very unlucky not the make the original 53. Lucky no-one claimed him and he made it to the PS, and is now back on the active roster.
    Agreed. I'd love to see him come in with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and have a great game. I'd love to see some depth at CB.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
      The young corners can be as good as they want to be, unless we stop leading the league in 3 and outs on offense, it's not going to matter much.
      Fair point. Offense definitely needs to sustain more drives and score more. Takes both sides of the ball.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Not off to good start injury wise we lack depth on major key positions. I hope younger players can step up their level of play.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Good. Wasting snaps on washed veterans who have no future with the team when you are going to be on the outside looking in is a waste. Fangio's best trait is his willingness to play young guys, and hopefully they perform so we can move on from Bouye sooner rather than later.

          Comment


          • #20
            It's going to be a rough 3 weeks without Bouye for sure. He was playing pretty well and looked comfortable in Fangio's defense prior to the injury. Once Bouye went down, Callahan shifted outside and Bassey stepped in at the nickel. It's going to be like CHJ all over again where Callahan is much better as a slot corner but will be forced to play on the outside. Ojemudia showed a ton of promise in his first game ever and will get tested early and often on the outside in the coming weeks. If it wasn't for his questionable DPI (I still contend that Brown slipped), the third round rookie had a solid performance and I can already see that he is the prototypical corner for Fangio's scheme with his decisive eyes, fast closing speed, and physicality. I was surprised to see that Bassey was inserted into the lineup so quickly (over the likes of Dawson and Harris), but he more than held his own and made some crucial tackles for us.

            We will be without our $13.4 million corner for a few games, but it is the prime opportunity to see what the future of this secondary is made of. They will face the likes of JuJu Smith-Schuster, Diontae Johnson, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin (if healthy) for the next two games. Let's see who steps up. I'm confident that Fangio/Donatell will put the youngsters in the right position to succeed.
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

            Comment


            • #21
              this will be interesting cause Bassey and Challahan are both better suited for the slot. so we may see bausby push to start at out cb cause he fits there alot better then in the slot.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                Good. Wasting snaps on washed veterans who have no future with the team when you are going to be on the outside looking in is a waste. Fangio's best trait is his willingness to play young guys, and hopefully they perform so we can move on from Bouye sooner rather than later.
                What would that look like for us if we didn't want him back next year? I don't know his contract details. Hopefully we could do it with a minimal hit. I have nothing against him, especially if he could play well, but we HAVE to stop paying for players who don't actually play. Callahan last year, Bouye this year. It's getting a little ridiculous.
                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                  What would that look like for us if we didn't want him back next year? I don't know his contract details. Hopefully we could do it with a minimal hit. I have nothing against him, especially if he could play well, but we HAVE to stop paying for players who don't actually play. Callahan last year, Bouye this year. It's getting a little ridiculous.
                  Bouye got an inflated contract a few years back based on some short-term success he had playing on a loaded defense, see Bradley Roby. I think this year and next year were unguaranteed years from the back end of that contract, so I am pretty sure we are free to move on with no dead money staying around, that was one positive of the move. Although trading a 4th rounder for a washed corner of his age still doesn't sit well.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    If nothing else, the theory that the young players can out perform the “washed up vets “ is going to be tested.

                    Corners are young and untested. Perhaps a week of prep helps but they were confused and gave up a way too easy red zone TD last time out.

                    Need to be better. Not going to get any easier against the Steelers WRs and Big Ben.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      On the bright side, young players will be able to showcase their skill. Maybe we'll dig up a couple gems.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        If nothing else, the theory that the young players can out perform the “washed up vets “ is going to be tested.

                        Corners are young and untested. Perhaps a week of prep helps but they were confused and gave up a way too easy red zone TD last time out.

                        Need to be better. Not going to get any easier against the Steelers WRs and Big Ben.
                        Not out perform, but show enough in terms of potential and improvement through being thrown into the fire from early on that they could be a keeper piece moving into the future. That is what this year always was for me, another building block on the commitment Vic showed last year to playing youth.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          Not out perform, but show enough in terms of potential and improvement through being thrown into the fire from early on that they could be a keeper piece moving into the future. That is what this year always was for me, another building block on the commitment Vic showed last year to playing youth.
                          Mike O. already showed me Game 1.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                            If nothing else, the theory that the young players can out perform the “washed up vets “ is going to be tested.

                            Corners are young and untested. Perhaps a week of prep helps but they were confused and gave up a way too easy red zone TD last time out.

                            Need to be better. Not going to get any easier against the Steelers WRs and Big Ben.

                            We need to understand that the only competition at the NFL level these young rookies have seen are our WRs. So keep in mind we have not had ANY PS and a lot of the install was done via video conference. If we keep that in mind we saw some pretty solid play. Now as Offensive coordinators get more tape on our young guys the question will be can they adjust and how quickly.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Whats the deal with him? Heard he wont be playing week 5. I thought it was a dislocated shoulder. Didnt think that would take so long to heal

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                                Whats the deal with him? Heard he wont be playing week 5. I thought it was a dislocated shoulder. Didnt think that would take so long to heal
                                I separated my AC joint playing football, like what happened to Trevor Siemian a couple times over, and it lingers, I'd imagine a dislocated shoulder would be worse as well. Also, a dislocated anything could always be a risk to damage surrounding tendons, rotator cuff, etc. So might not be a straight forward injury.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X