No announcement yet.

Debate Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too early to call. If Lock gets injured and doesn't get a chance to showcase his skills/improvement, then I think you would have to consider quarterback if you are picking that high and a guy is there you like. I also think if Lock improves on a losing team and continues to show growth, you stick with him. I don't think the win/loss record will be the indicator to look at when judging Locks development and performance this year. I said all off-season, people got too high on this roster, but also thought people were setting themselves up for failure with the lofty expectations they were placing on Lock. If Lock gets better, shows he has the mental game people questioned him having in college, with those already raw skills, I think the win/loss record will be irrelevant to his personal evaluation.

Comment

This isn't even a debate. You take Lawrence and don't think twice about it. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand what kind of a prospect Trevor Lawrence is.

Comment

I feel Lock will eventually become Rodgers.

Keep Lock.
        Draft OT Sewell in R1.
        Draft OT Little or Mayfield in R2.

A stout OL helps any QB.

Comment

Doesn't matter who the QB is. Until we finally get a good head coach and innovative OC, this team won't have success.

Fire Fangio, fire Shurmur. Then we can see where we should go if we have a shot at drafting Trevor Lawrence.

Comment

I doubt we have a top 10 pick this year. I really doubt we have the number one pick.
            I think our coaching staff will stay together for a few more years.
            (We have a really good coaching staff now, its time for the players to execute the game plan.)
            Last edited by Capt. Jack; 09-19-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              I doubt we have a top 10 pick this year. I really doubt we have the number one pick.
              I think our coaching staff will stay together for a few more years.
              (We have a really good coaching staff now, its time for the players to execute the game plan.)
              You doubt we will have a top 10 pick? Ok screen shot this....until January.
              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Being a Broncos fan, I always expect a good season until it's not a good season.
                So for now, with us having a good team and good coaching staff, I am still expecting good things.
                (Positive attitude)

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                  I feel Lock will eventually become Rodgers.

Keep Lock.
                  Draft OT Sewell in R1.
                  Draft OT Little or Mayfield in R2.

A stout OL helps any QB.
                  Sounds like an old tv ad jingle. Haha

A little OT for the healthy QB
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    Just need help settling a debate my buddy and I had. It’s a scenario that we both know would never happen but still had the discussion. Now we need your help on who is right.

Scenario:
                    - Denver gets plagued with a ton of more injuries and we end up having the worst record because of it. During the season Lock looks very promising but doesn’t break out due to all the injuries/lack of talent around him. With the first overall pick next year, do you still select Trevor Lawrence and trade Lock away? Or roll the dice on Lock and move out of the first overall spot?

Like I mentioned before, we both know this is extremely unlikely (Besides all the injuries part). Just a fun little debate.
                    Scenario seems false. Doubt if Denver will have the worst record.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Scenario seems false. Doubt if Denver will have the worst record.
                      I am going with 9-7, until, or if, we lose 8 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        I am going with 9-7, until, or if, we lose 8 games.
                        Many seem obsessed with the future. I have to pause or rewind the DVR to figure out what just happened before watching the next play. That's about as far in advance as I go, except for knowing the schedule. I have no doubt the Broncos will win games this year.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
                          This isn't even a debate. You take Lawrence and don't think twice about it. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand what kind of a prospect Trevor Lawrence is.
                          So, if Lock goes on to have a solid season, and progresses as he should, in spite of the shortfalls defined in this scenario, you would not even consider keeping him, and get a goldmine of draft/player capital to help make this team much better? It's your opinion, which is cool, but you are sort of saying some of us haven't got a clue.

The thought of Lock potentially being a pro bowl QB someday, given his first 6 games in the bigs, and the enormous value that would come with trading #1 makes me wonder if too much expectation is placed on Lawrence, who has yet to play in The NFL. I am not saying Lawrence isn't a potentially great pick, it's just that there's a lot to weigh in, and maybe we should be open to reasons why in this debate.:thumb:

Comment

Maybe getting Trevor isn’t that unrealistic. With all the injuries happening

Comment

LIke most I am all over the place with the drama that is this season. This season is done period. Could we win a few games? Maybe. But with all the question marks along with Von's future up in the air? Just go wide open. Driskell is not an option going forward. Maybe go out & get a QB ( I would love to see Sloter back) No to Winston, Rosen etc. And in 3-4 weeks see who Lock really is. AND if we are lucky enough to get the #1 pick take Lawrence no matter what. Then trade Lock after the draft. I mean just look at Herbert did he look better than Lock? Same with Mayfield. We have so many folks on IR that use this season to work with the rookies and we have options on PS players. Most of us know the team needs. Oline & Von replacement. We need a better pass rush along with better offense. I think Gorden will be ok but we need a better more explosive offense. Vic seems to think we have a WR replacement for Sutton on the team - time will tell. But if you have a chance for Lawrence you take him.
                              Bronco Bob

Comment

Trevor Lawrence was a PFM Fan growing up, that's why he wears #16

Comment

Working...
                                X