Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    One of the most valuable 1st overall picks in draft history? Plus, we've already got a developing quarterback on the roster? I'd trade back for Sewell, Parsons, or one of the corners, and get a bunch of capital in the process.

Don't get me wrong, Lawrence is one of the most sure fire QB prospects we've seen, but Lock hasn't done anything yet to make me think he can't be the guy. Taking a season like the hypothetical one you're proposing into consideration, it would be hard to draw any conclusions. I guess you would get a glimpse into his ability to carry a team, but he's still technically a rookie where starts are concerned. He has impressed me so far. I don't see this as a potential Josh Rosen situation, even if Lawrence is a better prospect than Murray was. Lock has been way better than Rosen so far, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Tough call for me. So much would depend on what we see on the field throughout the season from Lock.

Does he show enough promise to be a legitimate starter?

Think of it as having a consistent 8 instead of a promising 10.

Do we trust Lock to become a Stafford/ Prescott type QB or hope that Lawrence develops into the next Rodgers/Manning?

I’m always inclined to be conservative with decisions and the value of long term consistency and stability over always chasing the “next big thing”.

Like I stated. Tough call.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    You take the guy who truly makes your team better. Then trade Lock to a QB needy team for a 1st.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    started a topic Debate Help

Debate Help

Just need help settling a debate my buddy and I had. It’s a scenario that we both know would never happen but still had the discussion. Now we need your help on who is right.

Scenario:
    - Denver gets plagued with a ton of more injuries and we end up having the worst record because of it. During the season Lock looks very promising but doesn’t break out due to all the injuries/lack of talent around him. With the first overall pick next year, do you still select Trevor Lawrence and trade Lock away? Or roll the dice on Lock and move out of the first overall spot?

Like I mentioned before, we both know this is extremely unlikely (Besides all the injuries part). Just a fun little debate.
Working...
X