Like Most Games, Tomorrow's A Big One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Most Games, Tomorrow's A Big One

Steelers are a good team, and have a highly ranked D. Ben is back, and though early, he seems not far off from expectations. They have some good backs and a refreshed Smith-Schuster and other receivers are a talented lot. Their D has been rated in top 3-5 country going into the season, and for good reason. They have a handful of potential pro bowlers, including TJ Watt, Bush, Hayden, Fitzpatrick and Cam Heyward.

I hope Sutton returns, because Lock will need time and talent in support. Nothing will come easy this week, BUT we have one game under our belts. Just give Drew a little time, and lets see how productive we can be.

On D, I do not foresee Ben as being mobile, nothing new there, and because he is not quite back, we will need to pressure the ole boy. They have a nicely balanced O, now that they have a QB again. Throw out last year's display with backups leading the show.

Now, it's early, but a loss will hurt, given we have Tampa and The Pats in our next 3 games. Even playing The Jets on their turf is not a cake walk. Wasn't last year.

All in all, The Steelers are favoured, and justifiably. We'll see which Broncos group shows up though. My gut tells me that pressuring Ben is the key. Some sacks, a couple of turnovers, and give the ball to the confident young man at the helm. With Sutton in the lineup (hopefully), and based on some of the spurts we saw last week, we have a chance. And though 0 and 2 would not be devastating, we'd need 2 of the next 3 to keep close.

GO BRONCOS!!

I agree....i don't think we will win (though I want to)...their def will keep the playbook open for Ben. Sutton playing will be great, to help open things for JJ. I think fant needs to be apart of the game plan to help back that rush off.... For me, things are still up in the air on lock.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Well, I think we loose this Sunday......BUT, I also think we get on a roll and win the next four in a row after Pittsburgh,,,, the excitement will be huge for KC after our four game run, but it will probably stop there..

After Pittsburg, I feel Sutton will finally be healthy, Juedy will finally hit his stride....Hamler will be settled and Chubb will get back his explosiveness. It's a good thing they've added another wildcard....I'm hopeful we'll still be fighting for that spot at the end of the year.

Comment

Overall, the Broncos lead the series 20-11-1. Of those 32 games, 19 have been hosted at Mile High Stadium in Denver.

Comment

Only good thing we have going is no crowd. They are a better team. I try to be optimistic every year but have no confidence in this team. Regardless still got my broncos flag out front in my house in Maryland where all the ravens fans laugh

Comment

This will be a big test for Drew Lock. After the Steelers thoroughly shut down Barkley I don’t expect us to have much more success so Lock is going to have to pull some of the dead weight. Watt and Dupree off the edge with a stout dline will give us a great idea of where our oline is at. They have good coverage options at LB and S to match up with our TEs as well. Lock is going to have to throw guys open and take advantage of any blown coverages for us to pull this out.

Comment

I think there is legit chance we may be 0-3 after the first three weeks.

The key is how we play and how we grow. It would be nice to get a win or two in the first three games, play the young players and when Bouye and Sutton come back we have depth to go with our proven starters.

The team goal is to make the playoffs and I will ride that goal until we are mathematically eliminated.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Steelers- 31 Broncos-6

I won't see the game, as it's not on in my area in Pennsylvania. Which is fine with me. I got to see last week's putrid performance.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                  Steelers- 31 Broncos-6

I won't see the game, as it's not on in my area in Pennsylvania. Which is fine with me. I got to see last week's putrid performance.
                  Imagine your Monday at work if we manage to win the game!

Comment

Good that Sutton is back!

Comment

Working...
                    X