Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible play call on 3rd and 2 at end of game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible play call on 3rd and 2 at end of game.

Melvin Gordan is paid should have ran it.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Run the ball
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Not sure what the 3rd down call was

The 4th down call was open for a short pass first down...my guess is Driskell saw the guy coming free who was about to hammer him and was just a deer in the headlights at that point
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Just horrible. If you cant run 2 times for 2 yards you don't deserve to win. That was joke of play calling by the OC. They tried to hand us this game and we didn't take it .

Comment

At least dont line up in shotgun and look like ur going to run it sheeeshhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Not sure what the 3rd down call was

The 4th down call was open for a short pass first down...my guess is Driskell saw the guy coming free who was about to hammer him and was just a deer in the headlights at that point
            I saw that too. I don’t think he was a deer in the headlights. Tim Patrick was running a drag (was wide open for a 1st) to bait any defenders in the middle to clear up space for Gordon on the arrow route. Driskell was waiting for Gordon to cut back to throw but it took too long.

If Edmunds doesn’t blitz that’s likely a TD or close to it. If Gordon free lances out of the play a bit and picks up the blitz maybe Driskell goes to Patrick or if Gordon stops the route he catches it for a first. It was a great play call though, just need a more experienced QB to read that blitz quicker.

Comment

Couldve tried a screen? Or have beck lead for Gordon on a run play? Got to be other options there

and why is there another free runner coming at our QB completely unblocked

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I saw that too. I don’t think he was a deer in the headlights. Tim Patrick was running a drag (was wide open for a 1st) to bait any defenders in the middle to clear up space for Gordon on the arrow route. Driskell was waiting for Gordon to cut back to throw but it took too long.

If Edmunds doesn’t blitz that’s likely a TD or close to it. If Gordon free lances out of the play a bit and picks up the blitz maybe Driskell goes to Patrick or if Gordon stops the route he catches it for a first. It was a great play call though, just need a more experienced QB to read that blitz quicker.
                I get what you are saying but the guy was open over the middle before the defender got close enough to interfere with the pass. At worst on 4th and the game the qb needs to just toss the ball some where.

Good qbs make that throw. If the QB can not make the throw find another QB
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I get what you are saying but the guy was open over the middle before the defender got close enough to interfere with the pass. At worst on 4th and the game the qb needs to just toss the ball some where.

He’s the backup with very little experience, he’s going to follow the script and probably stick to his first read more often than not. He wouldn’t be a backup if he was a good QB

Comment

You have to run the ball there. You can't give Gordon that much money and then not use him in the situations you need him for. Shurmur has tried to get way too cute on short yardage situations so far this year. Really disappointing playcalling.

Could easily be 2-0 if we had a better play caller.
                    Last edited by Megalodon30; 09-20-2020, 03:58 PM.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

3rd and 2 so you have 2 plays and plenty of time left. Gordon has been good enough that I'm way more confident with him running the ball to get 2 yards. I guess I could argue in this situation it's also less risky. To me it's a head scratcher of play calling.

Comment

At least one of the calls should have been some sort of run, either with Gordon or Driskel
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Run the ball. Simple as that.

And on 4th they can’t send everyone. Either TE or RB has to have protection against the same play they sacked him twice already.

Broncos are finding new and frustrating ways to lose. Just what bad teams find a way to do. When will it change?

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                            Melvin Gordan is paid should have ran it.
                            Yep 2 yards to go, run run. Earlier in the game there was a run situation where we passed and it worked out and I was delighted that Shurmur zigged when likely most of us zagged ........but with PITT pass rush and this being end game, 3rd down RUN, 4th down RUN would have been my decision if I were making the choice.
                            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

That's why he's a backup QB in the NFL. From the behind view (from Pittsburgh's side) it looked like Gordon never had his head around until Driskell was on his way down, if he throws that ball I don't think Gordon ever has a chance to catch it. Denver had a good play call, Pittsburgh had a better one.

Comment

Working...
                              X