• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose for Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
      Loose for Lawrence
      *lose.

And I'd almost be all about this strategy...almost. Might as well keep things going and get a new coach and OC while we're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
        *lose.

And I'd almost be all about this strategy...almost. Might as well keep things going and get a new coach and OC while we're at it.
        the NFL in recent years has shown that with crappy records getting a great QB can elevate your team.

Comment

True about Lock holding ball. That is valid. As far as ACL goes, I have torn ACL, you can walk normal believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
            Loose for Lawrence
            Why draft him? He will look horrible behind this OL and there will be calls to lose for a qb in 2-3 more years.

We need to fix this OL to have a shot
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Why draft him? He will look horrible behind this OL and there will be calls to lose for a qb in 2-3 more years.

Get Lawrence then an OT with the 33rd pick. Done! Hamler a nice toy but a RT would’ve been better.

Comment

I dont ever understand everyone wanting to change coaches every year. If they did we would be the browns or some other terribly ran team. If any coach should be on the hot seat it should be the special teams coordinator i cant spell toms name. He's been here awhile but i actually still give him some leeway because special teams were going to struggle without a normal offseason. Fangio is a good coach. Sure he totally blew the timeouts week one. But he seems to be the type to grow from a mistake. I also dont understand everyone always bringing up drafting ol. I wanted ol with the first pick but once wirfs got picked you dont reach. Thats another way to build a terrible team. Hamler looked legit. If james doesnt opt out what does our ol look like. And remember we have 2 young cats on the line as well. Rome wasnt built in a day. With all the injuries and how young we are hanging in these games is impressive. You cant win the superbowl every year. Stability in the front office and in coaching equals success a revolving door gets you the opposite. This team has a chance to grow into a solid unit but it will take patience.

Comment

This report says Sutton may have hurt his knee, so the speculation about him having an ACL injury may be true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/broncos...-steelers/amp/
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

This is the only article on the subject I could find. Klis does seem to miss more than he hits on his articles which have to do with speculation/inside sources. IMO He seems to write the more dramatic things that get him clicks and views.

It is starting to get to the point if I see Klis is the author I do not even look at it anymore.

Broncos brace for MRI Monday on injuries to Lock, Sutton

Author: Mike Klis
                    Published: 10:17 PM MDT September 20, 2020
                    Updated: 10:17 PM MDT September 20, 2020

DENVER — MRI Monday may well determine whatever hopes the Broncos have of salvaging a successful season.

At stake are exams to the right throwing shoulder of starting quarterback Drew Lock and knee of No. 1 receiver Courtland Sutton. Sources tell 9NEWS there is concern that both injuries could be significant. The 0-2 Broncos could use some good news.

Lock suffered a right shoulder injury as he was tripped up on a sack, fell awkwardly and was driven to the ground by Pittsburgh edge rusher Bud Dupree midway through the first quarter of the Broncos’ 26-21 loss Sunday. Sources tell 9NEWS that Lock’s injury is in the back of the shoulder area, which fit with the diagnosis of former NFL team doctor David Chao, who after looking at the film fears the quarterback suffered either a posterior labral tear or rotator cuff contusion. Chao warns there’s no way to get a conclusive diagnosis with the MRI exam.

Best case scenario is Lock misses the next two games, but it would be much more if the MRI shows serious damage.

Sutton suffered a knee injury after tackling Steeler cornerback Joe Haden on an interception return with 2 minutes left in the first half. The interception occurred after a pass from Broncos’ backup quarterback Jeff Driskel went through Sutton’s hands. Sutton missed the season opener last week with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder and had difficulty raises his hands above eye level.

Although Sutton toughened up to play and had three catches for 66 yards, he didn’t return after tackling Haden and the knee could be a more devastating injury.

The Broncos have already lost star pass rusher Von Miller likely for the season with an ankle tendon injury and No. 1 cornerback A.J. Bouye will miss at least three games with a shoulder injury.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Crap. Looks like my contact may have been right. What a horrible year for injuries. Not just Broncos either. Players dropping like flies
                      Per Rapoport:

Drew Lock’s injury isn’t the only reason for concern: #Broncos talented WR Courtland Sutton is feared to have suffered a significant knee injury, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV. He’s scheduled for an MRI today.

Per Klis: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rtland-sutton/

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        I think his issue is on him, he was holding onto the ball way too long this game. And on the play he was injured Fant was in single coverage (so essentially open) right in the middle early, and then Hamler is wide open a little later. But he didn't throw either pass.
                        So I guess now the question becomes -- is Lock the franchise QB everyone thought during training camp??

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Agreed. Spend all the draft picks on the oline. Not sure how Cush played yesterday, but I imagine you hold on to him and get rid of all the others. It will be ugly for a couple years as they learn to play together, but at least you can build the running game and give the QB more than 2 seconds to throw the ball

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                            Agreed. Spend all the draft picks on the oline. Not sure how Cush played yesterday, but I imagine you hold on to him and get rid of all the others. It will be ugly for a couple years as they learn to play together, but at least you can build the running game and give the QB more than 2 seconds to throw the ball
                            Sam is a pretty good judge of the OL and says Cush was abused yesterday in the OL thread. Still have faith the rook can grow.

If we had a high pick in 2021 I would go for a stud OT if one is available. At this point we have so much talent on the offense I think we are a stud OT away from being to see a top 8-13 scoring offense with what we have see so far.

Comment

Sounds like Sutton’s done for the year... tore up his knee on the tackle on the interception

Comment

Torn ACL and MCL

Comment

Working...
                                X