Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizzolve
    replied
    Well there's definitely an Asterisk on the Broncos season now. If Covid didn't do it

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. With this oline, no QB is going to be successful.
    If you have the chance to draft a QB you think can be a all-pro you do it. Look all the years the Browns had Joe Thomas, yet didn’t win anything because they didn’t have a QB.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. With this oline, no QB is going to be successful.
    Maybe, but you worry about that problem later in the draft or via free agency.

It would be like passing up on John Elway, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Lock. You just can't do it UNLESS Drew Lock comes back and lights the league on fire.

But again, this is all moot because the Broncos won't be worse than the Jets. I hope I don't have to eat crow on that, but I don't think I will.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Now that the WR focus shifts, and I am only asking not pointing out a fact rather than looking for solid evidence in his favour, but did Jeudy have good hands in college?

It's so early, and he's pumped, and he has great moves and quickness, so I wanted to ask those who know his game. Based on the draft alone, I suspect he has it all. Maybe just a rookie trying to do too much.

I suspect I will never ask this question again....and for good reason.:thumb:
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-21-2020, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Because Trevor Lawrence is a generational player AND plays quarterback. If the Broncos are there to take him, you take him.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I understand what you are saying, but even if they were to finish with the worst record, why go after Lawrence? What is he going to do that no other QB has done behind this oline?
    Because Trevor Lawrence is a generational player AND plays quarterback. If the Broncos are there to take him, you take him.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    It's not about what I do or don't want. They're not going to tank on purpose, and I don't foresee them having a worse record than the Jets after it's all said & done. With those two factors in place they won't be getting Trevor Lawrence.
    I understand what you are saying, but even if they were to finish with the worst record, why go after Lawrence? What is he going to do that no other QB has done behind this oline?

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Yep :sigh:

I wonder if this was caused on the play when he was unnecessarily hit helmet to helmet by the Steelers defender, but not immediately picked up until later.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Good thing they drafted Hamler and still have Patrick. Benson and Brown are on the PS.
    I must admit, I wondered about the WR strategy during the draft. It turns out that the coaches prudently, possibly even prescienty, expected a laundry list of injuries at that position.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Yep, it's official. He's done for this year.

Dang it
    Yep :sigh:

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Better hope we have a worse record than the Jets. That Week 4 match up might be the Trevor Lawrence Bowl.

But I don't see this team folding. They'll fight and claw their way to at least 6 or 7 wins.
    Jeff Driskel: "Hold my beer."

Seriously though, we need to get Sewell if it winds up being that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    This is a huge lost to us. Sutton was gonna develop him self into a top wr this year. He has that talent

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    Which 6 games? We aren’t beating anyone in our division so that’s 6 losses. TB is a loss. The jets maybe we can win and the Fins if we are lucky. Pats*, falcons, saints, panthers and Bills are all going to stomp us. We have 2 games we can possibly win. Maybe 3 if the falcons pull one of their epic choke jobs.
    We should have and could have won both of the last two games with the talent we have on the field. We lack concentration and coaching.

Titans and Steelers are no joke, watching the Pats and the Hawks last night, they are obviously at another level.

Sigh...

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    I like your optimism. But do we honestly want to win that many games at this point? And with how are season is going, by week 6 our entire main roster might be practice squad guys. I have to sound so cynical but our team is currently a bunch of nobodies and rookies.
    It's not about what I do or don't want. They're not going to tank on purpose, and I don't foresee them having a worse record than the Jets after it's all said & done. With those two factors in place they won't be getting Trevor Lawrence.

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    They'll eek out 6 or 7 wins. Despite the general pessimism the fact is Tennessee and Pittsburgh are two of the better teams in the AFC and the Broncos had a chance to beat both. I don't foresee us going defeated in all 6 games in the division. They'll split against the Charges & Raiders especially since Lock will be back by those 4 match ups. I also suspect we'll beat the Jets even with the injuries. Dolphins will probably be win. Falcons can't help but self-destruct so that's a toss up. Panthers are awful. So that's potentially 6 wins right there. And of course there will be that "holy cow I can't believe they beat THAT team!" upset (i.e. Houston last year). So yes, I still believe this will be a 6-7 win team.
    I like your optimism. But do we honestly want to win that many games at this point? And with how are season is going, by week 6 our entire main roster might be practice squad guys. I have to sound so cynical but our team is currently a bunch of nobodies and rookies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X