Sutton ACL too....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Better hope we have a worse record than the Jets. That Week 4 match up might be the Trevor Lawrence Bowl.

But I don't see this team folding. They'll fight and claw their way to at least 6 or 7 wins.
    Jeff Driskel: "Hold my beer."

Seriously though, we need to get Sewell if it winds up being that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
      Yep, it's official. He's done for this year.

Dang it
      Yep :sigh:

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Good thing they drafted Hamler and still have Patrick. Benson and Brown are on the PS.
        I must admit, I wondered about the WR strategy during the draft. It turns out that the coaches prudently, possibly even prescienty, expected a laundry list of injuries at that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          Yep :sigh:

I wonder if this was caused on the play when he was unnecessarily hit helmet to helmet by the Steelers defender, but not immediately picked up until later.

Comment

It's not about what I do or don't want. They're not going to tank on purpose, and I don't foresee them having a worse record than the Jets after it's all said & done. With those two factors in place they won't be getting Trevor Lawrence.
            I understand what you are saying, but even if they were to finish with the worst record, why go after Lawrence? What is he going to do that no other QB has done behind this oline?

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
              I understand what you are saying, but even if they were to finish with the worst record, why go after Lawrence? What is he going to do that no other QB has done behind this oline?
              Because Trevor Lawrence is a generational player AND plays quarterback. If the Broncos are there to take him, you take him.
              sigpic

Comment

Because Trevor Lawrence is a generational player AND plays quarterback. If the Broncos are there to take him, you take him.
                Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. With this oline, no QB is going to be successful.

Comment

Now that the WR focus shifts, and I am only asking not pointing out a fact rather than looking for solid evidence in his favour, but did Jeudy have good hands in college?

It's so early, and he's pumped, and he has great moves and quickness, so I wanted to ask those who know his game. Based on the draft alone, I suspect he has it all. Maybe just a rookie trying to do too much.

I suspect I will never ask this question again....and for good reason.:thumb:
                  Last edited by CanDB; 09-21-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree. With this oline, no QB is going to be successful.
                    Maybe, but you worry about that problem later in the draft or via free agency.

It would be like passing up on John Elway, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Lock. You just can't do it UNLESS Drew Lock comes back and lights the league on fire.

But again, this is all moot because the Broncos won't be worse than the Jets. I hope I don't have to eat crow on that, but I don't think I will.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you have the chance to draft a QB you think can be a all-pro you do it. Look all the years the Browns had Joe Thomas, yet didn’t win anything because they didn’t have a QB.

Comment

Well there's definitely an Asterisk on the Broncos season now. If Covid didn't do it
                        Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Now that the WR focus shifts, and I am only asking not pointing out a fact rather than looking for solid evidence in his favour, but did Jeudy have good hands in college?

It's so early, and he's pumped, and he has great moves and quickness, so I wanted to ask those who know his game. Based on the draft alone, I suspect he has it all. Maybe just a rookie trying to do too much.

I suspect I will never ask this question again....and for good reason.:thumb:
                          I saw two sources that claimed Jeudy attacks the ball and is better going after the ball than Ruggs.

Have seen nothing in the NFL to merit that comment.

I do think the kid is a Gamer. Him and Hamler are about to get a lot of reps. We will see what they are made of.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            I saw two sources that claimed Jeudy attacks the ball and is better going after the ball than Ruggs.

Have seen nothing in the NFL to merit that comment.

I do think the kid is a Gamer. Him and Hamler are about to get a lot of reps. We will see what they are made of.
                            A few drops for sure, but he's making a few things happen.

PFF (@PFF) Tweeted:
                            Jerry Jeudy in 2020:

🔸 leads all rookie WRs in 15+ yard plays (5)

🔸 leads all rookies in missed tackles forced on receptions (4) https://t.co/UBtllTH7hV https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308068756694986753?s=20

Comment

Wow. Pour salt on the horrible and stinging wound why don't ya...

Comment

Pretty sure Rod Smith tore his ACL during his career. What I'm saying, is Sutton COULD come back from this. He may lose some speed/explosiveness but he could still be a positive for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X