No announcement yet.

Sutton ACL too....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes. Sutton out for the year is horrible. I feel badly for him. I remember draftniks saying that Jeudy was capable of being the #1WR on our team. I guess it's time to find out if that's true. I think Hamler can be the #3WR/slot guy. So we need someone on the active roster to step up as the #2WR as of right now. We also need Albert O to get healthy because our OC needs to be more creative - I want to see some 2WR/2TE/1RB sets. Driskel needs to soak up this Offense and make his practice reps count, but having a couple of safety valve TE's on the field would help him out since his RT isn't going to. At all.

Comment

Klis said Sutton completely blew the knee out... more than just an ACL... feels he’ll be fortunate to be healthy start of next season.

Interesting note, he said he watched Sutton working all week on catching ball beneath his eyes. He noticed a few times in the game CS dropped ball or got cross attempting this very same thing he was working on in practice... including the play he got hurt (where he tipped ball up then blew out knee chasing Hayden).

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        Yikes. Sutton out for the year is horrible. I feel badly for him. I remember draftniks saying that Jeudy was capable of being the #1WR on our team. I guess it's time to find out if that's true. I think Hamler can be the #3WR/slot guy. So we need someone on the active roster to step up as the #2WR as of right now. We also need Albert O to get healthy because our OC needs to be more creative - I want to see some 2WR/2TE/1RB sets. Driskel needs to soak up this Offense and make his practice reps count, but having a couple of safety valve TE's on the field would help him out since his RT isn't going to. At all.
        I think the rookie TE and Hamilton can step
        Up. This is Hamilton’s last shot to make an impression. Let’s go. Lots of 2 TE sets too...

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          Klis said Sutton completely blew the knee out... more than just an ACL... feels he’ll be fortunate to be healthy start of next season.

Interesting note, he said he watched Sutton working all week on catching ball beneath his eyes. He noticed a few times in the game CS dropped ball or got cross attempting this very same thing he was working on in practice... including the play he got hurt (where he tipped ball up then blew out knee chasing Hayden).
          I'm sure they won't know the damage, and ultimately severity of things until they get in there. It also depends which ligaments are gone. Obviously the ACL is gone, but if the MCL is damaged, that just needs rest (usually) to heal. With him being able to walk off, I can't see it being Willis McGahee catastrophic. According to the reports I saw, it was damage to the ACL and MCL.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Rod Smith had a hip injury, not an ACL tear.
            Smith tore pretty much everything in his knee including his ACL in college in 1992 fielding a punt. It was basically a dirty hit on Rod.

Found the article:

https://www.denverpost.com/2008/07/23/broncos-rod-smith-retires/

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              I think the rookie TE and Hamilton can step up. This is Hamilton’s last shot to make an impression. Let’s go. Lots of 2 TE sets too...
              At one time Hamilton reminded me of E Sanders. We also have Patrick who has looked decent. I do really like Albert O and I have been very disappointed to not get a chance to see him play at all. But, honestly, the biggest two things to me are that Driskel needs to step up and our OC needs to create plays/game plans that work for what we have. Those two passing plays on 3rd and 4th down just killed me. That 4th in particular...our plan was that since our RT was going to get beat anyway we should expect our QB to act like we didn't have one and complete the pass anyway? Come on. That's Tom Brady stuff, making up for having no O-Line at all. That's not crap you pull with a back up QB who has barely started.

Comment

We will see what happens. Do we take Sewell or TL if we get #1? Assuming Lock comes back and has a 12 TD, 8 Int year?

Comment

Originally posted by darcytmc View Post
                  We will see what happens. Do we take Sewell or TL if we get #1? Assuming Lock comes back and has a 12 TD, 8 Int year?
                  It depends on how he plays. I can't really say for sure even with stats if most are his fault i may be looking at tl. But let's say 6 of the 8 ints bumped off a wrs hands was a good throw and db just happened to be in the right place and picked it. I think both those numbers are low. I am kinda feeling 20 td like 12 to 15 ints. Which I would totally keep riding with lock and improve the oline
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by darcytmc View Post
                    If we are certain Lock is the guy, we trade #1 pick to the absolute highest bidder and do what we can to get Sewell. That could even be the #2 team in the draft wants to ensure they get TL and we get multiple high round picks to build our team with. Otherwise, TL hands down and there is no question we have our QB for 5 years, hopefully franchise QB.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by darcytmc View Post
                      Whats wild is if you would have told me that this year we would be talking about being the worst team and competing for the #1 pick i would have laughed. Funny how now we could be the worst team. I can't recall a year where we lost so many top players this quick.
                      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                        Whats wild is if you would have told me that this year we would be talking about being the worst team and competing for the #1 pick i would have laughed. Funny how now we could be the worst team. I can't recall a year where we lost so many top players this quick.
                        People are going to extremes. Injuries or not there are 4 or 5 worse teams in the league just based on poor coaching and roster, two of them, the Jets and Panthers, are on our schedule. It'll take 2 or fewer wins to get the top pick, Denver will have at least 5 or 6.

Comment

Working...
                        X