Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Playoffs??? Playoffs???

The T position here has been the bane of this team for years. Agreed that it is a major factor in this offense being horrible for 5 years.
    When we can not talk about playoffs being our goal anymore I will probably move to another sport. Can not move to another team as there is Orange in my veins but I am not sure if I could watch the Broncos go through seasons like I see other teams go through where the Super Bowl is a pipe dream and making the playoffs is essentially their Super Bowl.

Yea the T spot has been annoying me for a long time. We are where we are today because of bad T choices.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      When we can not talk about playoffs being our goal anymore I will probably move to another sport. Can not move to another team as there is Orange in my veins but I am not sure if I could watch the Broncos go through seasons like I see other teams go through where the Super Bowl is a pipe dream and making the playoffs is essentially their Super Bowl.

Yea the T spot has been annoying me for a long time. We are where we are today because of bad T choices.
      Wilkinson had a bad day. How do you think Bolles did?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I agree the playoffs should be the goal every year. Still, I keep my personal expectations at bay. Starting 0-2 with this many injuries really hurts the probability.

Maybe we see a miraculous turnaround this year - it could happen. At this point, I'm just hoping we see some young guys come out of the woodwork.
        sigpic

Comment

I’ll be happy with a win. Playoffs are out of the picture

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Like I said in the OP I think Bolles is playing better. I do not want to jinx the guy but even with his penalty he is playing better. Then again I do not think his performance the previous years...outside of the 17 penalties called in 2019 (7 declined / offset) was as bad as other posters.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Haha, thread title says playoffs.

Let's take some baby steps and try and get a win first.

Re: Sam's point about looking at each assignment - RT is a weakness, but not the only one. I want able to watch the game yesterday but last week there were some pretty glaring missed blocks. I think that was a reason why Lindsay was a clear starter over Freeman in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                I agree the playoffs should be the goal every year. Still, I keep my personal expectations at bay. Starting 0-2 with this many injuries really hurts the probability.

Maybe we see a miraculous turnaround this year - it could happen. At this point, I'm just hoping we see some young guys come out of the woodwork.
                We can still compete for a playoff spot. The Cowboys one year may have been able to go 0-2 and win a Super Bowl but we do not have near that level of talent or "team" on our roster. No one on this football team is going to throw a helmet 3 feet from Elway's head because he can not figure out the RT spot like how Hailey tossed a helmet at Jerry Jones for not signing Emmitt Smith.

Comment

Like I said in the OP I think Bolles is playing better. I do not want to jinx the guy but even with his penalty he is playing better. Then again I do not think his performance the previous years...outside of the 17 penalties called in 2019 (7 declined / offset) was as bad as other posters.
                  Munchak grades each guy after the game. Don't think we get to see those. Wouldn't surprise me if Garrett graded highest. He'd get marked down for that one flag, but that seemed a pretty chintzy call. Cushenberry had his hands full all day. Heyward beat up on him quite a bit in a "welcome to the NFL" moment. His performance might be ranked fourth out of five.

Comment

On the last 4th down play of the game on offense for us...who do you think was supposed to block the free runner at the QB?

Comment

On the last 4th down play of the game on offense for us...who do you think was supposed to block the free runner at the QB?
                      You'll need to remind me. I dumped the game.

Comment

We can still compete for a playoff spot. The Cowboys one year may have been able to go 0-2 and win a Super Bowl but we do not have near that level of talent or "team" on our roster. No one on this football team is going to throw a helmet 3 feet from Elway's head because he can not figure out the RT spot like how Hailey tossed a helmet at Jerry Jones for not signing Emmitt Smith.
                        We'll see how it all shakes down. I won't be holding my breath, though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Munchak grades each guy after the game. Don't think we get to see those. Wouldn't surprise me if Garrett graded highest. He'd get marked down for that one flag, but that seemed a pretty chintzy call. Cushenberry had his hands full all day. Heyward beat up on him quite a bit in a "welcome to the NFL" moment. His performance might be ranked fourth out of five.
                          I mean in reality we were going against the number 1 sack team in football last year. Cushenberry will be just fine but this isn't college so his play will have to step up some. Overcoming a front on pass rush is about impossible for QB's so that is one area we can't break down going forward. Playoffs???? nope not unless we get healthy real quick and everyone, including defense, improves a large amount.

Comment

Even Glasgow had a play to me. I try not to get too much into one play though.

The difference between LT getting a rough call, Glasgow having a rough play or even Cush having a rough day is least they slowed their guys down on the plays I saw.

There are times the RT may as well not even be there as he is barely slowing his guy down...on some plays due to the path the defender is taking I am not sure if the RT is even slowing his guy down at all.

If the grading system is 0-100 the rest of the OL is least making it above 50....the RT does not deserve a score above 15 based on what I am seeing. I was looking over the practice squads and apparently there is over a dozen T on practice squads .... there has to be a better RT out there some where.

Comment

Didn’t the RB miss the free rusher? Or am I thinking of another play? There were so many free rushers they’ve all blended together lol

Comment

You'll need to remind me. I dumped the game.
                                yea even though I know how to re-watch the game I may not either.

I need to work on my fantasy choices and pick choices which is why I am watching more other games and less Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                                X