X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    We can still compete for a playoff spot. The Cowboys one year may have been able to go 0-2 and win a Super Bowl but we do not have near that level of talent or "team" on our roster. No one on this football team is going to throw a helmet 3 feet from Elway's head because he can not figure out the RT spot like how Hailey tossed a helmet at Jerry Jones for not signing Emmitt Smith.
    We'll see how it all shakes down. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    On the last 4th down play of the game on offense for us...who do you think was supposed to block the free runner at the QB?
    You'll need to remind me. I dumped the game.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Wilkinson had a bad day. How do you think Bolles did?
    On the last 4th down play of the game on offense for us...who do you think was supposed to block the free runner at the QB?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Like I said in the OP I think Bolles is playing better. I do not want to jinx the guy but even with his penalty he is playing better. Then again I do not think his performance the previous years...outside of the 17 penalties called in 2019 (7 declined / offset) was as bad as other posters.
    Munchak grades each guy after the game. Don't think we get to see those. Wouldn't surprise me if Garrett graded highest. He'd get marked down for that one flag, but that seemed a pretty chintzy call. Cushenberry had his hands full all day. Heyward beat up on him quite a bit in a "welcome to the NFL" moment. His performance might be ranked fourth out of five.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I agree the playoffs should be the goal every year. Still, I keep my personal expectations at bay. Starting 0-2 with this many injuries really hurts the probability.

Maybe we see a miraculous turnaround this year - it could happen. At this point, I'm just hoping we see some young guys come out of the woodwork.
    We can still compete for a playoff spot. The Cowboys one year may have been able to go 0-2 and win a Super Bowl but we do not have near that level of talent or "team" on our roster. No one on this football team is going to throw a helmet 3 feet from Elway's head because he can not figure out the RT spot like how Hailey tossed a helmet at Jerry Jones for not signing Emmitt Smith.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Haha, thread title says playoffs.

Let's take some baby steps and try and get a win first.

Re: Sam's point about looking at each assignment - RT is a weakness, but not the only one. I want able to watch the game yesterday but last week there were some pretty glaring missed blocks. I think that was a reason why Lindsay was a clear starter over Freeman in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Like I said in the OP I think Bolles is playing better. I do not want to jinx the guy but even with his penalty he is playing better. Then again I do not think his performance the previous years...outside of the 17 penalties called in 2019 (7 declined / offset) was as bad as other posters.

Leave a comment:

• $Broncos$
    replied
    I’ll be happy with a win. Playoffs are out of the picture

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    When we can not talk about playoffs being our goal anymore I will probably move to another sport. Can not move to another team as there is Orange in my veins but I am not sure if I could watch the Broncos go through seasons like I see other teams go through where the Super Bowl is a pipe dream and making the playoffs is essentially their Super Bowl.

Yea the T spot has been annoying me for a long time. We are where we are today because of bad T choices.
    I agree the playoffs should be the goal every year. Still, I keep my personal expectations at bay. Starting 0-2 with this many injuries really hurts the probability.

Maybe we see a miraculous turnaround this year - it could happen. At this point, I'm just hoping we see some young guys come out of the woodwork.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    When we can not talk about playoffs being our goal anymore I will probably move to another sport. Can not move to another team as there is Orange in my veins but I am not sure if I could watch the Broncos go through seasons like I see other teams go through where the Super Bowl is a pipe dream and making the playoffs is essentially their Super Bowl.

Yea the T spot has been annoying me for a long time. We are where we are today because of bad T choices.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Playoffs??? Playoffs???

The T position here has been the bane of this team for years. Agreed that it is a major factor in this offense being horrible for 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Let's talk playoffs in another 3 years. Elway blew it not bringing in Mike Shanahan and Cousins with Kubiak when the fire was hot.
    Vikings are 0-2.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Let's talk playoffs in another 3 years. Elway blew it not bringing in Mike Shanahan and Cousins with Kubiak when the fire was hot.
    You still want the Kubiak/Cousins combo with the way they’ve looked this year??

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Go back and look at each of the sacks from yesterday. Replay each one until you get an idea how each of the O-Linemen did on each sack. Ask yourself if Elijah Wilkinson was the only guy getting beat on each of those sacks? Pass protection includes TEs, Backs and receivers. Hard to tell exactly what was the pass protection called for on each of the pass attempts that resulted in a sack, so focusing on the O-Line is a good place to start.
    I would go even further and look at every play the pass protection broke down if the QB was sacked or not. At this point I would even suggest our ability to develop a QB is being hindered by the ability to properly execute pass protection.

There is a lot we as fans will not know. What was the call...what was the responsibility of each member of the pass protection...were there any checks made? We can make assumptions about how pressure gets through and could it have been picked up....we will miss if maybe something else was designed to happen.

What I do think has been obvious is the lack of ability from the RT. From what I saw in reports from practices before the season....this was happening there too.

How much is the chemistry on the pass protection being affected by how the 2020 season has come together? How much is the chemistry being affected by people seeing the RT fail in practices before the season and fail in 2 games?

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 09-21-2020, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X