X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OrangeCrush_304
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Lamar is untouchable and will win your league for you.
    I’m 0-2... injuries are hurting more than just my Broncos.

Lamar, McCaffrey, Deandre Hopkins, Edwards Helaire, thought that’s a solid 4 but nah.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    “ Defensive end Dre'Mont Jones is expected to miss 4-6 weeks because of a PCL strain and bone bruise in his knee, per Pelissero.”
    Guess I need to update the list

Walker is going to miss some time

Devonte Harris may miss a game or two

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    I’d like to make a public Broncos forum apology...

The injuries for this Broncos this year isn’t any fault of the players, coaches, “bad luck”, etc. it’s because I drafted many of them on my fantasy team just days before Von’s injury.

Sutton was my starting WR
    Broncos Defense (Von, Bouye, Jones, Barron, Strnad)
    Lindsay my flex
    Lock a late round boom or bust pick
    Jeudy (thankfully he came back)

Also had Christian McCaffrey for my first pick...

Lamar is my starting QB and he’s on the madden cover too so he’s in for an uphill battle this year.

All kidding aside though I deleted my fantasy football app and never touching it again.
    Dammit!!! :brick: :hammer: :doh:

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I pray you knocked on wood after this comment lol.
    No need, I wasn’t able to get him lol

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I pray you knocked on wood after this comment lol.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied

The injuries for this Broncos this year isn’t any fault of the players, coaches, “bad luck”, etc. it’s because I drafted many of them on my fantasy team just days before Von’s injury.

Lindsay my flex

Lamar is my starting QB and he’s on the madden cover too so he’s in for an uphill battle this year.

All kidding aside though I deleted my fantasy football app and never touching it again.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied

Lindsay my flex

Get Himmmmm!!! (Pitch forks) Lol

Leave a comment:

• OrangeCrush_304
    replied

Lindsay my flex

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You think we can just forfeit the rest of our games so we can secure the 1st spot? At the rate the league may not even have enough players to fill a roster lolol
    Right LOL HaHaHa at this point it is all Comical I cannot get mad anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    You think we can just forfeit the rest of our games so we can secure the 1st spot? At the rate the league may not even have enough players to fill a roster lolol

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    “ Defensive end Dre'Mont Jones is expected to miss 4-6 weeks because of a PCL strain and bone bruise in his knee, per Pelissero.”

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It's always a good idea to have good depth obviously but how do you plan using cap space to cover ALL positions?? Losing the starting RT, edge rusher, CB, WR, RB and QB??? Now the depth is getting hurt with Dre'Mont Jones out for 4-6 weeks.

You can only cover so many basis with what cap space there is to work with. Not only that but you have to convince players to play a backup role for you when they might be offered a better situation somewhere else. It's always so easy to sit here and think or say "just get better depth" ....they obviously try to put the best team together they can.

Pretty sure the attitude around here was playoff bound before all the injuries. It is a legitimate excuse for loss's and no team outside of SF has been hit harder.....
    I hadn't thought about this. You are absolutely on to something there. It's not like baseball where you can bring up guys from the minors to see how they play and then worry about them taking off to another team. Free agency seems to be very different in the NFL where players are changing teams like they change their underwear, (or at least you hope they are changing their underwear )

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosB2B View Post
    The way you overcome injuries is by having good depth on your roster. Elway has failed to build a deep roster.

Second, James was a waste of money. He should have never been signed. The reports coming out of Miami were that he lacks motivation and would quit once he got paid. Well, seems to be the case...
    It's always a good idea to have good depth obviously but how do you plan using cap space to cover ALL positions?? Losing the starting RT, edge rusher, CB, WR, RB and QB??? Now the depth is getting hurt with Dre'Mont Jones out for 4-6 weeks.

You can only cover so many basis with what cap space there is to work with. Not only that but you have to convince players to play a backup role for you when they might be offered a better situation somewhere else. It's always so easy to sit here and think or say "just get better depth" ....they obviously try to put the best team together they can.

Pretty sure the attitude around here was playoff bound before all the injuries. It is a legitimate excuse for loss's and no team outside of SF has been hit harder.....

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I was not very happy with the tackle efforts the off season before James either.

Our problem is not that we did bad things on the OT in 2020...our problem was we made bad OT tackles moves in 2019 and 2018 so by the time 2020 came around we had too many holes to fix them all.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosB2B View Post
    The way you overcome injuries is by having good depth on your roster. Elway has failed to build a deep roster.

Second, James was a waste of money. He should have never been signed. The reports coming out of Miami were that he lacks motivation and would quit once he got paid. Well, seems to be the case...
    James was signed out of desperation and then was a gamble. Having the luxury (curse?) of hindsight we should have steered clear. His signing has hurt this team immensely.

Injuries league-wide, I don't know if they are up compared to other seasons, but there are a number of players out. We just happen to be bearing the brunt it would seem.
    Last edited by Rastic; 09-21-2020, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X