Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    I am not an anti masker, I believe they serve a purpose but I dont see it here. These coaches essentially live in a bubble with these players. The only reason they’re asking them to wear them is because the cameras are rolling.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    they need to do something for coaches that are also play callers on the field. andy reid wears that face shield that he had to figure out himself just so he can wear the headset and call plays. it's ridiculous the NFL wants to fine those coaches yet don't offer a proper mask for them to wear with a head set on.
    They shouldn’t need special masks to wear a head set. The normal mask is fine.

Reid is the exception because he went with the shield. That’s on him.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I'm not agreeing with the contradictory nature of how the NFL is enforcing these Covid-19 rules. But the bottom line is that all the teams wanted to play football, this was an agreed upon condition of being able to play football, and all the teams got a warning after Week 1.

So again, there's no excuse. Just wear a mask. Or a face shield. The more people make a big deal about it the longer we get trapped in these silly discussions.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    The NFL is just trying cut into the loss of ticket sales.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Gruden got fined. And he should. If he was worried about his beard catching cold, he could sleep with peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    But it's not. The NFL is owned by the 32 franchise owners. Whatever the NFL does they do it's ultimately at the desire of those 32 owners. Whether the rule makes sense or not to selectively enforce the rule against 3 of the 32 shareholders when around 30 of them were guilty of the infraction is ridiculous.

And the likelihood is that the 29 other owners are going to look at this, and rather than giving up $250k themselves, they're just going to vote to get rid of the rule.
    Yes, the rule should be enforced uniformly but the excuse " but Johnny did it too" didn't work for me as a kid. Did it work for you? Fangio didn't wear a mask. He should be fined. End of that story.

The rest of your points are irrelevant. Once/if they change the rule then we can start that conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Dog and pony show.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Whether the rule makes sense or not doesn't give Fangio, or anyone else, the right to break the rule. Not liking an empoyler's rules isn't an excuse for breaking them. He knew the rule. The league office sent memos to every team. While whether the rule itself is a good one can be debated, there's no excuse for not following the rules.

And if the NFL is only trying to send a message, that is their right.
    But it's not. The NFL is owned by the 32 franchise owners. Whatever the NFL does they do it's ultimately at the desire of those 32 owners. Whether the rule makes sense or not to selectively enforce the rule against 3 of the 32 shareholders when around 30 of them were guilty of the infraction is ridiculous.

And the likelihood is that the 29 other owners are going to look at this, and rather than giving up $250k themselves, they're just going to vote to get rid of the rule.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I really don’t want to get into a mask debate as I feel there’s some hidden political agenda behind this. I’m out.... I knew better than to click on this thread in the first place.

No agenda whatsoever, other than the NFL is selectively enforcing the rule. Either fine every single coach guilty of it, or fine none. But fining 3 out of 32 when you can watch any game and see that outside of Andy Reid and Bruce Arians, every head coach has their mask off often. Bill Belichick looked like he was auditioning for a role in A Clockwork Orange with his mockery of a mask, but nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I maybe wrong, but I think they are still under review.

Why would they need to review it? Both were clear as day on TV last night. Gruden said after the game, he tries with the mask, but he's already had Covid so he's not worried.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Why just on the sidelines? Players are in closer contact with each other on the field. Maybe players should wear double masks just in case?
    I really don’t want to get into a mask debate as I feel there’s some hidden political agenda behind this. I’m out.... I knew better than to click on this thread in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    The rule makes zero sense. And the selective enforcement of a rule that doesn't make sense makes it even worse.
    Whether the rule makes sense or not doesn't give Fangio, or anyone else, the right to break the rule. Not liking an empoyler's rules isn't an excuse for breaking them. He knew the rule. The league office sent memos to every team. While whether the rule itself is a good one can be debated, there's no excuse for not following the rules.

And if the NFL is only trying to send a message, that is their right.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Neither were Gruden or Payton. So far no fines for them. In fact you could go through every single game and find the coaches not wearing masks at times. And that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous of Reid and his face shield, I guess somehow air, and particles, can't get around the open visor...
    I maybe wrong, but I think they are still under review.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Define many. One per team is not many. And most aren't wearing them in the dugouts anymore. At some point people need to take the leap if faith that daily test (while not 100% perfect) still are a good indication that they don't have covid. Especially since league's are immediately taking steps when there's even an inconclusive test.
    I am truthfully not sure how many, but I am surprised that there are even some. That's my point. I never expected to see any, so I am impressed actually that they play with a mask. Those players are really taking it seriously.. Not to say the others aren't.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Lets see how the enforcement part goes. Clearly Fangio was not following the rule.

Neither were Gruden or Payton. So far no fines for them. In fact you could go through every single game and find the coaches not wearing masks at times. And that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous of Reid and his face shield, I guess somehow air, and particles, can't get around the open visor...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X