Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    The players are safe because they're wearing helmets. :thumb:

Is it a personal foul if they lower their helmet on COVID?

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      That seem ridiculous. They made decisions on several coaches real time... why would they now need to review or process other fines? By Monday night we knew Sunday finds,,,by Tues morning we knew the MNF fine,,, but other need more time?

Head scratcher ...
      I don't know. Just responding to a post. That's a league question.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Yep they were fined, because it was so high profile. The league has now fined 5 coaches/teams, and let about 24 others who were guilty go with nothing. Belichick was openly mocking them with his bird mask, no fine there though.

If you're going to have the rule, fine, but go after every guilty party, don't just make examples of some coaches. And if you're not going to enforce it evenly, they just get rid of the rule.
        As I sort of expected.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          I'm not agreeing with the contradictory nature of how the NFL is enforcing these Covid-19 rules. But the bottom line is that all the teams wanted to play football, this was an agreed upon condition of being able to play football, and all the teams got a warning after Week 1.

So again, there's no excuse. Just wear a mask. Or a face shield. The more people make a big deal about it the longer we get trapped in these silly discussions.
          I am not even sure why this matters. It's not bothering me if coaches have to wear masks. How can that possibly bother any of us? Do we want to see their faces? Does it change their play calling??
          Last edited by CanDB; 09-22-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I am not even sure why this matters. It's not bothering me if coaches have to wear masks. How can that possibly bother any of us? Do we want to see their faces? Does it change their play calling??
            It makes it harder to communicate because it somewhat muffles your speech. Other than that I don’t really care other than thinking it’s a bit of a dog and pony show
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              You sure are posting a lot on something that doesn't matter to you. I think it's ridiculous to fine people that are some of the most tested in the world because they're not wearing their mask on TV. Meanwhile there's not a care in the world about whether they're wearing masks in practice. I guess they'd only be contagious on game days....or the NFL is worried about style over substance.

Comment

You sure are posting a lot on something that doesn't matter to you. I think it's ridiculous to fine people that are some of the most tested in the world because they're not wearing their mask on TV. Meanwhile there's not a care in the world about whether they're wearing masks in practice. I guess they'd only be contagious on game days....or the NFL is worried about style over substance.
                Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't game day the only day they aren't tested?

Comment

I post a lot. In this case, nothing new about that.

And I am intrigued why this is such a "thing" to you. Are you a coach? Are you feeling sorry for Vic? Are you having to pay the fine? What is so important about this to you? Just trying to get my head around it. You seem passionate about this topic, and that's ok. Try to help me understand.

Comment

I just feel I need to keep pointing this out because it keeps getting overlooked and into a discussion about the need for masks...

The teams wanted to play football. As an agreement to play football, the teams agreed that all staff (non-players) on the sidelines would wear face coverings. After Week 1, all teams were warned that they needed to be sure to be wearing their face coverings on the sidelines.

There is no excuse for the coaches. I get it is contradictory, but again this is what they agreed to. It would be like agreeing to pay $100 for a steak dinner, eating the entire dinner, then waking up the next day, deciding you didn't really like that steak, and demand your money back.

Just wear a mask. Period. The quicker we all get on board with this the faster we can move on to more important things.
                    sigpic

Comment

Again...I have no problem with the rule...I just know the people fined were not the only ones without masks on last weekend.

In fact very few coaches had masks/shields on the entire time. I been working with the mask policy for months. We are essentially only allowed to take masks off at work for drinking and eating...and we are expected to put the mask back on as soon as we are done. If something is going on that requires us to take a mask off beside that (smoking, need fresh air...whatever) we need to leave the work environment.

Teams should look to what KC does or maybe BB (assuming that is legal) or expect to be fined. Just about every coach in the NFL was communicating without a mask during the weekend.

Have no problem with the rule...just have a problem it was not enforced to all teams.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

This is insulting and unjust. Vic has been wearing a mask for an entire season plus 2 games. Pretending to be a head coach and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Again...I have no problem with the rule...I just know the people fined were not the only ones without masks on last weekend.

In fact very few coaches had masks/shields on the entire time. I been working with the mask policy for months. We are essentially only allowed to take masks off at work for drinking and eating...and we are expected to put the mask back on as soon as we are done. If something is going on that requires us to take a mask off beside that (smoking, need fresh air...whatever) we need to leave the work environment.

Teams should look to what KC does or maybe BB (assuming that is legal) or expect to be fined. Just about every coach in the NFL was communicating without a mask during the weekend.

Have no problem with the rule...just have a problem it was not enforced to all teams.
                          Just like every speeder doesn’t get a ticket, not every mask violation is going to get noticed.

The fines to the teams are an incentive for the teams to ensure everyone is compliant.
                          You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                            This is insulting and unjust. Vic has been wearing a mask for an entire season plus 2 games. Pretending to be a head coach and all.
                            Haha....good point!
                            You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                              OK....just havin some fun.....

It's not fair because Vic is sometimes forgetful.....like when he forgot we had time outs to use.

Comment

Originally posted by chessic View Post
                                You are fast!

And this fine is ridiculous. $10,000 was more than enough.
                                Really, isn't $10,000 like a $10.00 jaywalking fine to a millionaire? Send the message loud and clear IMO.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X