X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The coaches go through the exact same testing protocols the players do, if they have a positive test, they won't be out there. So if following those protocols the players don't need to wear masks, why do the coaches have to? The rule is nothing more than the NFL trying to look like they're doing something, while not actually doing something that makes sense.

There were three coaches/teams fined, I expect a quick joint appeal, because they can show plenty of video of other coaches that weren't fined but weren't wearing masks. Belichick was wearing a mask that basically covered his nose, but somehow that was good enough?
    But if the league makes a rule, nothing to be surprised about if fined.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Wow! $100k! NM should have tried that when the Southeastern counties were refusing to wear masks.
    Yes, except it would need to be proportionate to income, which means the fine for me would be about $100 😂

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Wow! $100k! NM should have tried that when the Southeastern counties were refusing to wear masks.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is known that talking loud or yelling aggrevates the sprad of virus, and another factor is that coaches are older and hence more exposed. It makes sense to have rules but it seems bizarre to fine someone 100000$, and more work should be put into how to be practical about the restrictions. US is in a bad situation with Covid-19, but we are talking people that are outside in empty stadiums.
    I have a SUPER easy way to not get fined.....wear a face shield or a mask. Although face shields are effectively useless.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I saw multiple coaches across the games wearing mask less than Vic

No idea why he is singled out

Do give BB credit. His mask does not cover his mouth. Seems to be designed to leave his mouth open for communication....but it is designed in a way to look like he is always wearing a mask.
    Wait a minute you mean to say BB found another loophole? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    they need to do something for coaches that are also play callers on the field. andy reid wears that face shield that he had to figure out himself just so he can wear the headset and call plays. it's ridiculous the NFL wants to fine those coaches yet don't offer a proper mask for them to wear with a head set on.
    I work in an office setting where I must wear a mask nearly all day. I can tell you that I wear a mask and talk on the phone A LOT. There is not a single person who cannot hear me. If the mic is by his mouth he is fine. On top of that he and others have the added benefit of the other teams not being able to see his lips move.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Ya gotta try to follow the rules. Everybody has to figure out how to be considerate of others, and wear masks, to help save other peoples lives.
    Ugh these coaches, we all have to wear it, you can wear it too

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Ya gotta try to follow the rules. Everybody has to figure out how to be considerate of others, and wear masks, to help save other peoples lives.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Not too many coaches heat their masks up for the whole game... this seems arbitrary
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    And Sean Payton... not even pretending to wear a mask....
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I saw Gruden wearing his properly for about 10 seconds. I expect him to get fined too.
    I saw multiple coaches across the games wearing mask less than Vic

No idea why he is singled out

Do give BB credit. His mask does not cover his mouth. Seems to be designed to leave his mouth open for communication....but it is designed in a way to look like he is always wearing a mask.
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-22-2020, 04:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The coaches go through the exact same testing protocols the players do, if they have a positive test, they won't be out there. So if following those protocols the players don't need to wear masks, why do the coaches have to? The rule is nothing more than the NFL trying to look like they're doing something, while not actually doing something that makes sense.

There were three coaches/teams fined, I expect a quick joint appeal, because they can show plenty of video of other coaches that weren't fined but weren't wearing masks. Belichick was wearing a mask that basically covered his nose, but somehow that was good enough?
    It is known that talking loud or yelling aggrevates the sprad of virus, and another factor is that coaches are older and hence more exposed. It makes sense to have rules but it seems bizarre to fine someone 100000$, and more work should be put into how to be practical about the restrictions. US is in a bad situation with Covid-19, but we are talking people that are outside in empty stadiums.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    they need to do something for coaches that are also play callers on the field. andy reid wears that face shield that he had to figure out himself just so he can wear the headset and call plays. it's ridiculous the NFL wants to fine those coaches yet don't offer a proper mask for them to wear with a head set on.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    I saw Gruden wearing his properly for about 10 seconds. I expect him to get fined too.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    And Sean Payton... not even pretending to wear a mask....
    Last edited by EddieMac; 09-21-2020, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Not too many coaches heat their masks up for the whole game... this seems arbitrary

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I don't disagree but from what I gather the players are being tested substantially more than the coaches.
    I believe they're all part of the same protocol, each being tested every single day.

Here's what I found on testing:

NFL COVID-19 testing: What happens when a player tests positive?
    Daily COVID-19 testing has been in place since the start of NFL training camps for people in two groups — Tier 1 ("players and essential football personnel whose job function requires direct access to players for more than 10 minutes at a time on a regular basis") and Tier 2 ("other essential personnel who may need to be in close proximity to players and other Tier 1 individuals and who may need to access restricted areas periodically").
    The daily COVID-19 testing for those two groups will continue into the regular season, except on game days, according to ESPN. Other team employees are tested weekly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X