Vic Fangio fined $100K for not wearing a mask properly on the sidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The rule makes zero sense. And the selective enforcement of a rule that doesn't make sense makes it even worse.
    Kind of like a 30 mph speed limit that's NOT in a residential neighborhood that should be 40 t0 45 mph? Get caught and pay the fine. Tell the cop you don't like it and see what they say. Doesn't matter if you agree with it. IT'S THE LAW!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      Kind of like a 30 mph speed limit that's NOT in a residential neighborhood that should be 40 t0 45 mph? Get caught and pay the fine. Tell the cop you don't like it and see what they say. Doesn't matter if you agree with it. IT'S THE LAW!
      No, more like a 30 mph speed limit only for green convertibles, but all other vehicles are exempt. Plus selective enforcement for green convertibles.

But whatever...the players are wearing helmets most of the time, so pursuant to all known scientific understanding of airborne viral transmission, they should be fine. :thumb:
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        No, more like a 30 mph speed limit only for green convertibles, but all other vehicles are exempt. Plus selective enforcement for green convertibles.

But whatever...the players are wearing helmets most of the time, so pursuant to all known scientific understanding of airborne viral transmission, they should be fine. :thumb:
        I believe their helmets are N95,000 and even work when a player is on the sideline with it off. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Lets see how many get fined this week.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Lets see how many get fined this week.
            Vic won't be fined again, as he will sure as heck be wearing his mask properly!

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
              I agree....and my post was aimed at just that, it is unlikely any HC will be fined, because they will obey the rules. Not sure what Andy Reid will be wearing??!! At very least, he'll have a windshield wiper.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                Every coach should do a bellichek. Clearly that’s acceptable..
                sigpic

Comment

Assuming that League protocols were breached by Fangio, and the fine was issued by the NFL (under breach of conditions of employment?) Surely it's not a legal penalty under State, County or even Federal legislation?
                  I 100% agree will enforcement of mask wearing. 100k USD is a heck of a penalty though, for anyone, let alone regular earning folk.
                  I was watching some NCAA college football yesterday, my first real time seeing it, and aside from looking at the Oline play, I was staggered that mask wearing in the crowd was patchy.
                  I hate to see that level of disrespect to others. I guess there will always be some people that are more special than others.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                    Assuming that League protocols were breached by Fangio, and the fine was issued by the NFL (under breach of conditions of employment?) Surely it's not a legal penalty under State, County or even Federal legislation?
                    I 100% agree will enforcement of mask wearing. 100k USD is a heck of a penalty though, for anyone, let alone regular earning folk.
                    I was watching some NCAA college football yesterday, my first real time seeing it, and aside from looking at the Oline play, I was staggered that mask wearing in the crowd was patchy.
                    I hate to see that level of disrespect to others. I guess there will always be some people that are more special than others.
                    When I filter everything down, those are the words that resonate with me.

Comment

The mask mandate is probably like game management to Vic....no clue.

Comment

Working...
                      X