Vic Fangio fined $100K for not wearing a mask properly on the sidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Fangio fined $100K for not wearing a mask properly on the sidelines

Adam Schefter just broke it on Monday Night Football. Other teams were fined also.
    sigpic

You are fast!

And this fine is ridiculous. $10,000 was more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by chessic View Post
      You are fast!

And this fine is ridiculous. $10,000 was more than enough.
      I think it's the public perception as well as in-state health requirements. And they warned teams after Week 1,
      sigpic

Comment

Ughhh, come on Fangio.
        sigpic

Comment

Don’t forget to add the $250K the team was fined also
          #swapping

Comment

The coaches go through the exact same testing protocols the players do, if they have a positive test, they won't be out there. So if following those protocols the players don't need to wear masks, why do the coaches have to? The rule is nothing more than the NFL trying to look like they're doing something, while not actually doing something that makes sense.

There were three coaches/teams fined, I expect a quick joint appeal, because they can show plenty of video of other coaches that weren't fined but weren't wearing masks. Belichick was wearing a mask that basically covered his nose, but somehow that was good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              I think it's the public perception as well as in-state health requirements. And they warned teams after Week 1,

But it's selective enforcement. And if the players don't need masks, why do coaches? They go through the same testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                The coaches go through the exact same testing protocols the players do, if they have a positive test, they won't be out there. So if following those protocols the players don't need to wear masks, why do the coaches have to? The rule is nothing more than the NFL trying to look like they're doing something, while not actually doing something that makes sense.

There were three coaches/teams fined, I expect a quick joint appeal, because they can show plenty of video of other coaches that weren't fined but weren't wearing masks. Belichick was wearing a mask that basically covered his nose, but somehow that was good enough?
                I don't know all the testing protocols that are in place but again most in-state requirements across the country require a mask in public or in gatherings and the NFL did warn all teams after Week 1 so there really wasn't an excuse. And again, there's the public perception of regular person having to wear a mask to go to the grocery store or to get gas but an NFL player or coach not having to.

Again, not getting into a political discussion about masks or whatever but the NFL was very strict about these requirements at the beginning of the year AND all teams were warned after Week 1 so there's no excuse.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know all the testing protocols that are in place but again most in-state requirements across the country require a mask in public or in gatherings and the NFL did warn all teams after Week 1 so there really wasn't an excuse. And again, there's the public perception of regular person having to wear a mask to go to the grocery store or to get gas but an NFL player or coach not having to.

Again, not getting into a political discussion about masks or whatever but the NFL was very strict about these requirements at the beginning of the year AND all teams were warned after Week 1 so there's no excuse.
                  But if that's the case than players should be fined as well, because they're in the same group gathering, and if it's to make it look like they're following rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    But if that's the case than players should be fined as well, because they're in the same group gathering, and if it's to make it look like they're following rules.
                    I don't disagree but from what I gather the players are being tested substantially more than the coaches.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't disagree but from what I gather the players are being tested substantially more than the coaches.
                      I believe they're all part of the same protocol, each being tested every single day.

Here's what I found on testing:

NFL COVID-19 testing: What happens when a player tests positive?
                      Daily COVID-19 testing has been in place since the start of NFL training camps for people in two groups — Tier 1 ("players and essential football personnel whose job function requires direct access to players for more than 10 minutes at a time on a regular basis") and Tier 2 ("other essential personnel who may need to be in close proximity to players and other Tier 1 individuals and who may need to access restricted areas periodically").
                      The daily COVID-19 testing for those two groups will continue into the regular season, except on game days, according to ESPN. Other team employees are tested weekly.

Comment

Not too many coaches heat their masks up for the whole game... this seems arbitrary
                        sigpic

Comment

And Sean Payton... not even pretending to wear a mask....
                          Last edited by EddieMac; 09-21-2020, 08:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw Gruden wearing his properly for about 10 seconds. I expect him to get fined too.

Comment

they need to do something for coaches that are also play callers on the field. andy reid wears that face shield that he had to figure out himself just so he can wear the headset and call plays. it's ridiculous the NFL wants to fine those coaches yet don't offer a proper mask for them to wear with a head set on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X