Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sra84
    replied
    The mask mandate is probably like game management to Vic....no clue.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    Assuming that League protocols were breached by Fangio, and the fine was issued by the NFL (under breach of conditions of employment?) Surely it's not a legal penalty under State, County or even Federal legislation?
    I 100% agree will enforcement of mask wearing. 100k USD is a heck of a penalty though, for anyone, let alone regular earning folk.
    I was watching some NCAA college football yesterday, my first real time seeing it, and aside from looking at the Oline play, I was staggered that mask wearing in the crowd was patchy.
    I hate to see that level of disrespect to others. I guess there will always be some people that are more special than others.
    When I filter everything down, those are the words that resonate with me.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Assuming that League protocols were breached by Fangio, and the fine was issued by the NFL (under breach of conditions of employment?) Surely it's not a legal penalty under State, County or even Federal legislation?
    I 100% agree will enforcement of mask wearing. 100k USD is a heck of a penalty though, for anyone, let alone regular earning folk.
    I was watching some NCAA college football yesterday, my first real time seeing it, and aside from looking at the Oline play, I was staggered that mask wearing in the crowd was patchy.
    I hate to see that level of disrespect to others. I guess there will always be some people that are more special than others.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    Vic won't be fined again, as he will sure as heck be wearing his mask properly!
    Every coach should do a bellichek. Clearly that’s acceptable..

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    I agree....and my post was aimed at just that, it is unlikely any HC will be fined, because they will obey the rules. Not sure what Andy Reid will be wearing??!! At very least, he'll have a windshield wiper.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Lets see how many get fined this week.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Lets see how many get fined this week.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    No, more like a 30 mph speed limit only for green convertibles, but all other vehicles are exempt. Plus selective enforcement for green convertibles.

But whatever...the players are wearing helmets most of the time, so pursuant to all known scientific understanding of airborne viral transmission, they should be fine. :thumb:
    I believe their helmets are N95,000 and even work when a player is on the sideline with it off. Amazing stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Kind of like a 30 mph speed limit that's NOT in a residential neighborhood that should be 40 t0 45 mph? Get caught and pay the fine. Tell the cop you don't like it and see what they say. Doesn't matter if you agree with it. IT'S THE LAW!
    No, more like a 30 mph speed limit only for green convertibles, but all other vehicles are exempt. Plus selective enforcement for green convertibles.

But whatever...the players are wearing helmets most of the time, so pursuant to all known scientific understanding of airborne viral transmission, they should be fine. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The rule makes zero sense. And the selective enforcement of a rule that doesn't make sense makes it even worse.
    Kind of like a 30 mph speed limit that's NOT in a residential neighborhood that should be 40 t0 45 mph? Get caught and pay the fine. Tell the cop you don't like it and see what they say. Doesn't matter if you agree with it. IT'S THE LAW!

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by chessic View Post
    You are fast!

And this fine is ridiculous. $10,000 was more than enough.
    Really, isn't $10,000 like a $10.00 jaywalking fine to a millionaire? Send the message loud and clear IMO.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylan View Post
    This is insulting and unjust. Vic has been wearing a mask for an entire season plus 2 games. Pretending to be a head coach and all.
    OK....just havin some fun.....

It's not fair because Vic is sometimes forgetful.....like when he forgot we had time outs to use.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylan View Post
    This is insulting and unjust. Vic has been wearing a mask for an entire season plus 2 games. Pretending to be a head coach and all.
    Haha....good point!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Again...I have no problem with the rule...I just know the people fined were not the only ones without masks on last weekend.

In fact very few coaches had masks/shields on the entire time. I been working with the mask policy for months. We are essentially only allowed to take masks off at work for drinking and eating...and we are expected to put the mask back on as soon as we are done. If something is going on that requires us to take a mask off beside that (smoking, need fresh air...whatever) we need to leave the work environment.

Teams should look to what KC does or maybe BB (assuming that is legal) or expect to be fined. Just about every coach in the NFL was communicating without a mask during the weekend.

Have no problem with the rule...just have a problem it was not enforced to all teams.
    Just like every speeder doesn’t get a ticket, not every mask violation is going to get noticed.

The fines to the teams are an incentive for the teams to ensure everyone is compliant.

Leave a comment:

• Skylan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X