Interesting Random Fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Random Fact

During the 2015 season Denver traded a 6th round pick in 2016 and 6th round pick in 2017 to San Francisco for Vernon Davis and a 7th round pick.

The 2016 6th round pick was used by San Francisco to pick Jeff Driskel.

It’s all connected.. Super Bowl here we come!
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Strange how things like that end up happening
      Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        During the 2015 season Denver traded a 6th round pick in 2016 and 6th round pick in 2017 to San Francisco for Vernon Davis and a 7th round pick.

The 2016 6th round pick was used by San Francisco to pick Jeff Driskel.
        That is interesting. It's about as interesting as Devin Bush, whom the Steelers drafted last year by trading their #20 and some other picks for Denver's #10. The #20 turned into Noah Fant whom Bush couldn't cover on Sunday. That must have been disappointing for those who are always looking for an ILB who can cover TEs.

Courtland Sutton is headed to IR. If Lock and Jones will be out more than three weeks, they might be headed to IR, too, since they could return.

Without Sutton there are still six WRs plus four TEs. There are two WRs on the PS who could each be protected twice. Not sure about 2020 PS QB rules. Are they different for QBs?

Denver will probably have at least a couple of roster spots available. If they don't move Rypien from PS, Trevor Siemien and Chad Kelly are available from practice squads. If they move Rypien from PS and wanted another PS QB, Kyle Sloter is a FA. What about the Vandy QB they released when the vut to 80 happened? Riley Neal?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          That is interesting. It's about as interesting as Devin Bush, whom the Steelers drafted last year by trading their #20 and some other picks for Denver's #10. The #20 turned into Noah Fant whom Bush couldn't cover on Sunday. That must have been disappointing for those who are always looking for an ILB who can cover TEs.

Courtland Sutton is headed to IR. If Lock and Jones will be out more than three weeks, they might be headed to IR, too, since they could return.

Without Sutton there are still six WRs plus four TEs. There are two WRs on the PS who could each be protected twice. Not sure about 2020 PS QB rules. Are they different for QBs?

Denver will probably have at least a couple of roster spots available. If they don't move Rypien from PS, Trevor Siemien and Chad Kelly are available from practice squads. If they move Rypien from PS and wanted another PS QB, Kyle Sloter is a FA. What about the Vandy QB they released when the vut to 80 happened? Riley Neal?
          Bush can def cover. Don’t let one half of a game fool you into thinking Bush can’t. Dude was a monster last year and id expect him to be this year. I am glad Noah beat him though. Makes me feel better about the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
            Bush can def cover. Don’t let one half of a game fool you into thinking Bush can’t. Dude was a monster last year and id expect him to be this year. I am glad Noah beat him though. Makes me feel better about the trade.
            IIRC the other picks Denver got from Pittsburgh last year made it possible to move up and pick Drew Lock and produced Lloyd Cushenberry this year.

If a "monster" like Devin Bush gets burned by Noah Fant, it says several things things. Fant is a top TE now coming into his own as a dominant player at his position. The AFCW has an excellent group of TEs. It will be interesting to see how Devin does against them all next year. Bush's difficulties covering Fant show that an ILB covering a TE isn't easy even for an excellent player like Devin Bush. Noah burned him several times, I believe, especially the drag route for 2XP. All interested parties should remember this the next time a TE gives Denver's D a hard time.

Why are great players usually referred to as monsters or beasts? Why not elf lord or magician? Even Muhammad Ali compared himself to butterflies and bees. What mother wants to hear her baby boy called a beast or a monster?

Comment

IIRC the other picks Denver got from Pittsburgh last year made it possible to move up and pick Drew Lock and produced Lloyd Cushenberry this year.

If a "monster" like Devin Bush gets burned by Noah Fant, it says several things things. Fant is a top TE now coming into his own as a dominant player at his position. The AFCW has an excellent group of TEs. It will be interesting to see how Devin does against them all next year. Bush's difficulties covering Fant show that an ILB covering a TE isn't easy even for an excellent player like Devin Bush. Noah burned him several times, I believe, especially the drag route for 2XP. All interested parties should remember this the next time a TE gives Denver's D a hard time.

Why are great players usually referred to as monsters or beasts? Why not elf lord or magician? Even Muhammad Ali compared himself to butterflies and bees. What mother wants to hear her baby boy called a beast or a monster?
              I am willing to concede that a top tier TE can burn a great ILB. What I am not willing to concede is that a team who has had the same issue for five years since moving off of the SB50 defensive ILB core and not replacing a TJ Ward style safety should be given a free pass. At some point the fans need to hold the FO accountable. to me this is a very similar issue to our RT issues. When we keep targeting other teams cast-offs who were not top tier when they were there I see no way we can actually fix our holes at specific positions.

Comment

I am really impressed with Fant. As an original "hater", he's surpassed my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  I am willing to concede that a top tier TE can burn a great ILB. What I am not willing to concede is that a team who has had the same issue for five years since moving off of the SB50 defensive ILB core and not replacing a TJ Ward style safety should be given a free pass. At some point the fans need to hold the FO accountable. to me this is a very similar issue to our RT issues. When we keep targeting other teams cast-offs who were not top tier when they were there I see no way we can actually fix our holes at specific positions.
                  Not asking you to concede anything. A Backer covering a RB or TE is an occupational hazard of Cover 1/0 counting out to in. Depending on the call and formation, second or third guy in goes to the Backer. Al Wilson could do it even if he was asked to cover the seam receiver in Tampa 2. Bush wasn't even close to covering Fant on a Drag Route. It ain't easy. Word from TC was that Justin Strnad was doing a good job until he went to IR. I don't find bashing the FO at each opportunity an interesting random fact. What's the matter? Having a tough time giving credit where credit is due for the trade with Pitt last year?

Comment

I agree. Why people constantly bash the front office and coaching and over look the positives and the fact there are injuries and 31 other teams and a hard cap. I dont get the strategy of a coach and front office carousel. That is the best way not to win. Also if you're going to have that view point offer some facts or options that would have put us in a better situation. Then ill appreciate your opinion. In todays world people need instant gratification arent willing to work for it and love to hate. Incredibly sad we live in such a narcissistic society. That sounds like a hell of a trade to me Fant, lock and cush. 3 starters Hot dang!

Comment

Noah Fant has scored a TD on every single one of his red zone receptions as a Bronco.

If that's not a stat that indicates he needs more targets inside the 20, then I don't know what is!

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                        Noah Fant has scored a TD on every single one of his red zone receptions as a Bronco.

If that's not a stat that indicates he needs more targets inside the 20, then I don't know what is!
                        Plus a 2XP.

Comment

Not asking you to concede anything. A Backer covering a RB or TE is an occupational hazard of Cover 1/0 counting out to in. Depending on the call and formation, second or third guy in goes to the Backer. Al Wilson could do it even if he was asked to cover the seam receiver in Tampa 2. Bush wasn't even close to covering Fant on a Drag Route. It ain't easy. Word from TC was that Justin Strnad was doing a good job until he went to IR. I don't find bashing the FO at each opportunity an interesting random fact. What's the matter? Having a tough time giving credit where credit is due for the trade with Pitt last year?
                          I think Fant is better than many expected, and should be targeted more than he has been.

I also think though that it's ok to critique the FO and coaching. I am ok with homers and those who defend the organization, but clearly this organization is not without it's question marks, including a pretty poor run since The SB. In other words, we can defend them all we want, because after all, they are in those jobs and we aren't. But fans have a right to be fans, and critique as they feel fit. And though I say stick up for your team, I don't condone agreeing with every move they make. We are 21 and 37 in our last 58 games, spanning over 5 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I think Fant is better than many expected, and should be targeted more than he has been.

I also think though that it's ok to critique the FO and coaching. I am ok with homers and those who defend the organization, but clearly this organization is not without it's question marks, including a pretty poor run since The SB. In other words, we can defend them all we want, because after all, they are in those jobs and we aren't. But fans have a right to be fans, and critique as they feel fit. And though I say stick up for your team, I don't condone agreeing with every move they make. We are 21 and 37 in our last 58 games, spanning over 5 seasons.
                            Is that an interesting random fact?

Comment

Critiquing and calling for them to be fired are completely different things. Who said i agree with every move they make. I wouldnt take a kid from utah over a kid from wisconsin on ol. And i feel as though ol has been an issue even in 2015. Yet I dont think that any front office is ever going to be perfect. Elway has guided us to the superbowl 20% of the years he has been gm. And the year we lost to Baltimore we were the best team in the nfl in my biased opinion. Yes we have struggled for 4 years. My point is that happens its part of the business but running him (a good gm) out of town especially when we have a really good nucleus he has built is beetle headed. Without the injuries what holes do we have on offense now? Left and right tackle. If james hadnt opted out maybe just left tackle. People also overlook the fact he brought in Munich regarded as a top notch if not the best ol coach in the nfl. Give them a chance to build this team up again. After the superbowl we weren't lucky enough like the chiefs to get a bunch of players to take discounts to stay. Which is the norm in the nfl after a superbowl. Players went and got paid. We lost a ton of talent. Expecting us to be in the superbowl year in and year out is not logical. How long do they give the next gm until they want another one. Not to mention the new regime would want their own players so essentially starting from scratch. Like i said previously if your going to make a point like get a new gm give me some better realistic options. Same with rt. Who was available since james opted out? They didnt reach in the draft thats a good thing. No gm will ever be perfect but acting like they haven't made more good decisions and are currently on the right track again after some down years is silly.
                              Last edited by Tdeng88; 09-22-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X