No announcement yet.

Broncos looking at Bortles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Bortles is already a fan favorite, lol. Something about the #5, Flacco and now Bortles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      I guess that speaks to just how bad the Broncos QB room was that year, since he never played QB again. Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn at least started games after that.
      Quinn was 1-7 with 2 TDs and 8 INTs. In no way is that anywhere near being better than Tebow just because he "started games after that."

And Orton may have been better, but his time in Denver was plain awful. And that's all I judge him by. Tim had the same team he did, minus his best receiver in Brandon Lloyd and Tim took that team to the playoffs.

Tebow was by far and away the best QB we had in 2010-11.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
        Quinn was 1-7 with 2 TDs and 8 INTs. In no way is that anywhere near being better than Tebow just because he "started games after that."

And Orton may have been better, but his time in Denver was plain awful. And that's all I judge him by. Tim had the same team he did, minus his best receiver in Brandon Lloyd and Tim took that team to the playoffs.

Tim Tebow was not the best QB on that team, but he was the best football player at the QB position and he was the better leader of the QBs we had. He also was extremely lucky, didn’t we play 3 backup QBs in a row and had an inexplicable gaffe by Marion Barber to even keep us in that Chicago game.

The team’s mindset with Tebow was different. With Orton they either thought he was good enough to win games or gave them no chance at all but when Tebow came in, they played very well either because they knew he wasn’t scoring much or because we ran the ball so much offenses couldn’t find a rhythm against a fresh defense. That and DCs just threw everything out the window when they played him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          I see Bortles is already a fan favorite, lol. Something about the #5, Flacco and now Bortles.
          Bortles just doesn't look good. Even his highlights are mediocre.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Tim Tebow was not the best QB on that team, but he was the best football player at the QB position and he was the better leader of the QBs we had. He also was extremely lucky, didn’t we play 3 backup QBs in a row and had an inexplicable gaffe by Marion Barber to even keep us in that Chicago game.

The team’s mindset with Tebow was different. With Orton they either thought he was good enough to win games or gave them no chance at all but when Tebow came in, they played very well either because they knew he wasn’t scoring much or because we ran the ball so much offenses couldn’t find a rhythm against a fresh defense. That and DCs just threw everything out the window when they played him.
            Oh, yeah. They loaded the box against TT. Never thought I'd see PAP from empty.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Oh, yeah. They loaded the box against TT. Never thought I'd see PAP from empty.
              I could have sworn Manning once had a brain freeze pre-snap and tried to run PAP from an empty backfield but for the life of me I cannot find a reference or clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Bortles just doesn't look good. Even his highlights are mediocre.
                Well, it's not liked they just signed Peyton Manning in his prime. The dude was sitting on his couch, unsigned, for a reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

If Tebow was as good as you claim, he'd have started more games for someone. You may feel he was the best QB, but actual football people gave Quinn and Orton another chance.

Tebow was the QB of a team that went to the playoffs, big difference from taking a team to the playoffs (see performance v Buffalo and KC).

But getting back to Bortles, he'll be on the roster for a few weeks, then he'll be released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    I could have sworn Manning once had a brain freeze pre-snap and tried to run PAP from an empty backfield but for the life of me I cannot find a reference or clip.

And even in doing that he still probably completed the pass for a first down or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      And even in doing that he still probably completed the pass for a first down or more.
                      I bet there was at least one guy on the D who went for the fake. I'd love to see film of it.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• I think in the last 20 years of Broncos football, we had only 2 QB's win a playoff game.
                        (Tebow and Manning)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          I think in the last 20 years of Broncos football, we had only 2 QB's win a playoff game.
                          (Tebow and Manning)
                          Jake Plummer
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            I think in the last 20 years of Broncos football, we had only 2 QB's win a playoff game.
                            (Tebow and Manning)
                            Kind of a meaningless stat, by that logic I can say in the last 20 years the Patriots only have 1 QB win a playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Jake Plummer
                              I don’t really know what Capt. Jack was getting at with his comment. It’s actually impressive that this team has been able to win playoff games with 3 different QBs over that time period. I don’t know if there’s any other teams in the NFL that can say the same.

Yes, these last few years have been rough. But, if you look at the amount of turmoil this team has experienced since 2000, a whole army of different starting QBs, constantly changing coaches, ownership issues, it’s pretty amazing they’ve been able to have the success they had.

Comment

• Ooops, I forgot about Jake, I was so disappointed that year, I thought we could have done better with Jake . I wasn't really trying to get at anything, they were talking about Tebow and I just remember for 20 years we haven't won that many playoff games.
                                (Other than the "Manning Years")
                                Last edited by Capt. Jack; 09-26-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X