Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Ryan Tannehill was discarded by the Dolphins for nobody in particular. Who’s to say Bortles couldn’t put it all together?

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Bottles is a vet that has played a lot of games... or at least more the driskel or sloter. He can sit on the bench and talk with the starter. He can be our version of clipboard Jesus for a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Bortles is who he is. He is now a backup QB. His stats through his NFL career have never been great, and basically, "very basic". Completion rate of 59.3% and Passer Rate of 80.6. He is available to us for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I'm just saying. If they wanted to go the free agent route, Sloter was by far and away a better option than Bortles. In my opinion.
    As much as we all loved Sloter, he’s been on 4 different teams in 3 years. He hasn’t even been able to stick on a practice squad. There’s a real possibility that he’s been overrated by the fans

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    I'm just saying. If they wanted to go the free agent route, Sloter was by far and away a better option than Bortles. In my opinion.
    I believe Sloter is protected on someone's practice squad. I don't remember which team. They were talking about it on the radio yesterday. His name came up and they were saying that teams can protect PS players this year and Sloter is a protected PS player. So it would require a trade to acquire him.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Really? Vanilla preseason games? Did Sloter ever start a preseason game, or was he playing with/against second/third team? I love preseason games, but know they don't compare to regular season. Elway tried to sign Kyle Sloter to Denver's PS, but he went to Minnesota. I wish Kyle well, especially since he's a former Bear. Bortles is strictly a backup to a backup who will most likely be released when Buzz returns. Tempest in a teapot.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
    I wish we could have landed Tannehill!!

Not sure about Bortles, i guess the Broncos are really that desperate?
    Yes, they're really that desperate. Not a lot of available options out there.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I’m guessing so, I don’t think Bortles can practice this week due to Covid restrictions. I’m guessing a bad game by Driskel on Sunday and they’ll be quickly moving to Bortles.
    My thoughts as well. I'm rooting for Driskel to look good, of course. Just think the coaching staff will be quick to move to a vet player if Driskel plays poorly.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    I really like this signing. Bortles although not a spectacular career, does have some things going for him that would help us. Lock is yet to show he has any kind of touch on deep passes and that has never been a strong part of Driskels game. Bortles had a couple years ('15,'17) where he had some speed outside and really took advantage of that.

Read an interesting article about Bortles and Driskel as big HS rivals. Driskel was the coveted one that got the UF scholarship and Bortles went to UCF. Part of me hopes they are not friends. I would love to see something fire up this young team now.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Around this time last year I’m guessing Titans fans were saying the same things about Ryan Tannehill.
    I'm not a Titans fan, but I'm not surprised they made it as far as they did. I think Tannehill is really underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if Driskel is on a real short leash.
    I’m guessing so, I don’t think Bortles can practice this week due to Covid restrictions. I’m guessing a bad game by Driskel on Sunday and they’ll be quickly moving to Bortles.

Leave a comment:

• Ftblman
    replied
    Around this time last year I’m guessing Titans fans were saying the same things about Ryan Tannehill.
    I wish we could have landed Tannehill!!

Not sure about Bortles, i guess the Broncos are really that desperate?

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I'm inclined to doubt that. Seems like Bortles is a backup to backup Driskel, and will be released if/when Buzz Lightyear returns.
    Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if Driskel is on a real short leash.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    My guess is they signed him to start. Hope I'm wrong, but this staff does love their vet QBs. Especially yhe below average ones. Bortles fits right in with what they thought of Flacco.
    I'm inclined to doubt that. Seems like Bortles is a backup to backup Driskel, and will be released if/when Buzz Lightyear returns.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X