Broncos looking at Bortles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Ooops, I forgot about Jake, and I wasn't really trying to get at anything, they were talking about Tebow and I just remember for 20 years we haven't won that many playoff games
    7-7 in the playoffs since 2000 by my quick count

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      I don’t really know what Capt. Jack was getting at with his comment. It’s actually impressive that this team has been able to win playoff games with 3 different QBs over that time period. I don’t know if there’s any other teams in the NFL that can say the same.

Yes, these last few years have been rough. But, if you look at the amount of turmoil this team has experienced since 2000, a whole army of different starting QBs, constantly changing coaches, ownership issues, it’s pretty amazing they’ve been able to have the success they had.
      Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Thanks for the 411

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        I think in the last 20 years of Broncos football, we had only 2 QB's win a playoff game.
        (Tebow and Manning)
        Kind of a meaningless stat, by that logic I can say in the last 20 years the Patriots only have 1 QB win a playoff game.
        Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Ooops, I forgot about Jake, I was so disappointed that year, I thought we could have done better with Jake . I wasn't really trying to get at anything, they were talking about Tebow and I just remember for 20 years we haven't won that many playoff games.
        (Other than the "Manning Years")
        To be 100% real...all these stats and points are meaningless unless we compare them against how the rest of the 31 NFL teams have done.

7 wins may seem small but what if the Patriots are the only other team to win more? What if it is top 5? What if it is top 10? What if 20 teams have done better?

Until we know how we stack up against the other 31 teams trying to accomplish the same goal it is really hard to know if we doing good or bad.

Fans will always want more.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Bortles released.

Comment

• "if Blake Bortles is the 'answer', I don't want to know the question." -sandy clough
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Broncos...release QB Blake Bortles

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-blake-bortles

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

If Tebow was as good as you claim, he'd have started more games for someone. You may feel he was the best QB, but actual football people gave Quinn and Orton another chance.

Tebow was the QB of a team that went to the playoffs, big difference from taking a team to the playoffs (see performance v Buffalo and KC).

But getting back to Bortles, he'll be on the roster for a few weeks, then he'll be released.
                No - that is not how the NFL works. People have careers and when a player is as polarizing as Tebow and Kaepernick (post BLM) it a giant career risk to tie yourself to someone as Tebow. Unless you win big with him then it will damage their careers. If someone had banked on Tebow and produced football like Elway's decisions since 2016 would have the Tebow hating crowds demanding his head on a platter. Tebow's situation was exactly as Flutie described his situation https://youtu.be/DKvLNN0yASc?t=773 in Tebow a football life.

Your narrative of giving the praise for the success in Denver on anyone but Tebow, when in effect Tebow becoming the starter by week 7 and Brandon Lloyd being traded were the only personnel moves that happened when the fortunes of the team changed.

Tebow made a really bad judgement call when choosing Jets over Jaguars. He couldn't win over Kyle Orton in training camp, he couldn't beat Sanchez in TC..... but in the games he was extremely efficient.

Talking "performance" against Buffalo - with TD drives to start both halfs, and making mistakes late in the game when special teams and defense had given up massive plays like a return for TD is a level of scrutiny that should have us run Lock out of town if the same standards were applied to his play.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Bortles released.
                  Once I saw Rypien against the Bucs I knew this was going to happen. I think they were just waiting for Lock to be ready to play.

IMO with what I now know of Rypien and what I have seen of Driskel I think we should release Driskel and get another QB.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Once I saw Rypien against the Bucs I knew this was going to happen. I think they were just waiting for Lock to be ready to play.

IMO with what I now know of Rypien and what I have seen of Driskel I think we should release Driskel and get another QB.
                    If that was the plan, they would have kept Bortles and dropped Driskel. I think they’re comfortable with the 3 they have right now.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

If that was the plan, they would have kept Bortles and dropped Driskel. I think they’re comfortable with the 3 they have right now.
                      Bortles was a potential starter when we signed him.

IMO I think the plan should be Lock starter, Rypien active roster back up and another QB who can find their way onto the PS.

Comment

IMO I think the plan should be Lock starter, Rypien active roster back up and another QB who can find their way onto the PS.
                        I agree, that should be the plan. Driskel is not an NFL QB.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

I agree, that should be the plan. Driskel is not an NFL QB.
                          Agreed

Not sure what his game film looked like prior to 2020 but from what I have seen in 2020 signing him was a huge mistake. He belongs with Orton and Siemian ... not on our team.

Comment

Three spots are available on the PS. They could release Driskel and sign both him and Bortles to the PS.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Agreed

Not sure what his game film looked like prior to 2020 but from what I have seen in 2020 signing him was a huge mistake. He belongs with Orton and Siemian ... not on our team.
                              Sadly... Orton and Siemian were better than Driskel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Sadly... Orton and Siemian were better than Driskel.
                                Otron....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X