Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Sloter > Bortles

Bortles is proven below average. Just because a guy is experienced, doesn't mean he adds anything positive. Heck, Driskel showed more on Sunday than I would expect to see from Bortles.
    What is your basis for that statement? Denver needs a backup to backup their backup who will be starting until Drew Lock comes back. Kyle Sloter has no experience. Blake Bortles has 73 starts in the NFL. He has looked across the LOS and seen an opposing defense in an NFL regular season game. Kyle Sloter has not.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Fallen from what? A footstool?
      hey Jax was a SB team in 2017 and Bortles was gonna go get a huge contract

oooooh I 'member!

But no, Bortles is awful.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Eh, whatever. I liked Bortles coming out of college. He definitely hasn't done much, but only being 28 - who knows what could happen. This season is sort of a bust (I know it's only 2 games Peerless), so I'm ready to just experiment at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
          Eh, whatever. I liked Bortles coming out of college. He definitely hasn't done much, but only being 28 - who knows what could happen. This season is sort of a bust (I know it's only 2 games Peerless), so I'm ready to just experiment at the moment.
          I just hope the village that was using his throw windup as their windmill is gonna be okay.

I just hope he never has to start behind this line. It'll get ugly. Quick.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            What is your basis for that statement? Denver needs a backup to backup their backup who will be starting until Drew Lock comes back. Kyle Sloter has no experience. Blake Bortles has 73 starts in the NFL. He has looked across the LOS and seen an opposing defense in an NFL regular season game. Kyle Sloter has not.
            Bortles is a known quantity he is a below average QB. In my book, and unknown QB is always > a QB that you know for a fact is awful. Especially if that unknown QB is as good as Sloter has been in his preseason performances.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              I just hope the village that was using his throw windup as their windmill is gonna be okay.

I just hope he never has to start behind this line. It'll get ugly. Quick.
              My guess is they signed him to start. Hope I'm wrong, but this staff does love their vet QBs. Especially yhe below average ones. Bortles fits right in with what they thought of Flacco.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Bortles is a known quantity he is a below average QB. In my book, and unknown QB is always > a QB that you know for a fact is awful. Especially if that unknown QB is as good as Sloter has been in his preseason performances.

Sloter was signed from the Cardinals PS by the Lions after Jeff Driskel was injured. After choosing to sign with the Vikings in 2017 who offered a better contract who had their own share of injuries that got Sloter promoted to active for like a week or two and he was release from them in 2019

His last tryout was with the Bears and he's still not signed anywhere to my knowledge.

How does that say better? I think it could be equally below average QBs with little options.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Sloter was signed from the Cardinals PS by the Lions after Jeff Driskel was injured. After choosing to sign with the Vikings in 2017 who offered a better contract who had their own share of injuries that got Sloter promoted to active for like a week or two and he was release from them in 2019

His last tryout was with the Bears and he's still not signed anywhere to my knowledge.

How does that say better? I think it could be equally below average QBs with little options.
                  Yeah, its my opinion. I would take a shot on Sloter over Bortles 100 times out of 100. But I'm not in the NFL so my opinion doesn't mean anything.

Everyone working in the NFL knows exactly what Bortles is capable of. And they're comfortable with that. I, as a fan, am not.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Really? Vanilla preseason games? Did Sloter ever start a preseason game, or was he playing with/against second/third team? I love preseason games, but know they don't compare to regular season. Elway tried to sign Kyle Sloter to Denver's PS, but he went to Minnesota. I wish Kyle well, especially since he's a former Bear. Bortles is strictly a backup to a backup who will most likely be released when Buzz returns. Tempest in a teapot.

Comment

Around this time last year I’m guessing Titans fans were saying the same things about Ryan Tannehill.

Comment

My guess is they signed him to start. Hope I'm wrong, but this staff does love their vet QBs. Especially yhe below average ones. Bortles fits right in with what they thought of Flacco.
                        I'm inclined to doubt that. Seems like Bortles is a backup to backup Driskel, and will be released if/when Buzz Lightyear returns.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          I'm inclined to doubt that. Seems like Bortles is a backup to backup Driskel, and will be released if/when Buzz Lightyear returns.
                          Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if Driskel is on a real short leash.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Around this time last year I’m guessing Titans fans were saying the same things about Ryan Tannehill.
                            I wish we could have landed Tannehill!!

Not sure about Bortles, i guess the Broncos are really that desperate?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if Driskel is on a real short leash.
                              I’m guessing so, I don’t think Bortles can practice this week due to Covid restrictions. I’m guessing a bad game by Driskel on Sunday and they’ll be quickly moving to Bortles.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                                I'm not a Titans fan, but I'm not surprised they made it as far as they did. I think Tannehill is really underrated.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X