No announcement yet.

Broncos looking at Bortles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this signing. Bortles although not a spectacular career, does have some things going for him that would help us. Lock is yet to show he has any kind of touch on deep passes and that has never been a strong part of Driskels game. Bortles had a couple years ('15,'17) where he had some speed outside and really took advantage of that.

Read an interesting article about Bortles and Driskel as big HS rivals. Driskel was the coveted one that got the UF scholarship and Bortles went to UCF. Part of me hopes they are not friends. I would love to see something fire up this young team now.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      I’m guessing so, I don’t think Bortles can practice this week due to Covid restrictions. I’m guessing a bad game by Driskel on Sunday and they’ll be quickly moving to Bortles.
      My thoughts as well. I'm rooting for Driskel to look good, of course. Just think the coaching staff will be quick to move to a vet player if Driskel plays poorly.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
        I wish we could have landed Tannehill!!

Not sure about Bortles, i guess the Broncos are really that desperate?
        Yes, they're really that desperate. Not a lot of available options out there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Really? Vanilla preseason games? Did Sloter ever start a preseason game, or was he playing with/against second/third team? I love preseason games, but know they don't compare to regular season. Elway tried to sign Kyle Sloter to Denver's PS, but he went to Minnesota. I wish Kyle well, especially since he's a former Bear. Bortles is strictly a backup to a backup who will most likely be released when Buzz returns. Tempest in a teapot.
          I'm just saying. If they wanted to go the free agent route, Sloter was by far and away a better option than Bortles. In my opinion.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
            I'm just saying. If they wanted to go the free agent route, Sloter was by far and away a better option than Bortles. In my opinion.
            I believe Sloter is protected on someone's practice squad. I don't remember which team. They were talking about it on the radio yesterday. His name came up and they were saying that teams can protect PS players this year and Sloter is a protected PS player. So it would require a trade to acquire him.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              As much as we all loved Sloter, he’s been on 4 different teams in 3 years. He hasn’t even been able to stick on a practice squad. There’s a real possibility that he’s been overrated by the fans

Comment

Bortles is who he is. He is now a backup QB. His stats through his NFL career have never been great, and basically, "very basic". Completion rate of 59.3% and Passer Rate of 80.6. He is available to us for a reason.

Comment

Bottles is a vet that has played a lot of games... or at least more the driskel or sloter. He can sit on the bench and talk with the starter. He can be our version of clipboard Jesus for a few weeks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ryan Tannehill was discarded by the Dolphins for nobody in particular. Who’s to say Bortles couldn’t put it all together?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      Ryan Tannehill was discarded by the Dolphins for nobody in particular. Who’s to say Bortles couldn’t put it all together?
                      Good point. Ya never know! Bortles could use a change of scenery and coaching. Shumar could help him a lot. He's only 28...

Comment

I don't hate this. Get guy with plenty of starting experience who at times did some good things. He did a lot of bad things too but if Driskel went down I don't think rypien could handle the team
                        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Some have been pining for Colin Keapernick - at least Bortles won at twice the pace of Kaepernick. It is almost 2010 Kyle Orton good!

Comment

Why on earth are we talking about Kyle Sloter? Our third string QB in preseason from a few years ago who had a couple of decent quarters of pre season action against 3rd and 4th string players. Yeah, that guy is going be the savior.

Comment

3 pages and we haven’t flown off the rails yet? So I guess I’m going to be the only one to say it????

Why didn’t we kick the tires on...............Tebow!!!!
                              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                                My thoughts as well. I'm rooting for Driskel to look good, of course. Just think the coaching staff will be quick to move to a vet player if Driskel plays poorly.
                                --or gets killed because the RT is a turnstile.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X