X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    I could have sworn Manning once had a brain freeze pre-snap and tried to run PAP from an empty backfield but for the life of me I cannot find a reference or clip.

And even in doing that he still probably completed the pass for a first down or more.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Quinn was 1-7 with 2 TDs and 8 INTs. In no way is that anywhere near being better than Tebow just because he "started games after that."

And Orton may have been better, but his time in Denver was plain awful. And that's all I judge him by. Tim had the same team he did, minus his best receiver in Brandon Lloyd and Tim took that team to the playoffs.

Tebow was by far and away the best QB we had in 2010-11.
    If Tebow was as good as you claim, he'd have started more games for someone. You may feel he was the best QB, but actual football people gave Quinn and Orton another chance.

Tebow was the QB of a team that went to the playoffs, big difference from taking a team to the playoffs (see performance v Buffalo and KC).

But getting back to Bortles, he'll be on the roster for a few weeks, then he'll be released.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Bortles just doesn't look good. Even his highlights are mediocre.
    Well, it's not liked they just signed Peyton Manning in his prime. The dude was sitting on his couch, unsigned, for a reason

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Oh, yeah. They loaded the box against TT. Never thought I'd see PAP from empty.
    I could have sworn Manning once had a brain freeze pre-snap and tried to run PAP from an empty backfield but for the life of me I cannot find a reference or clip.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Tim Tebow was not the best QB on that team, but he was the best football player at the QB position and he was the better leader of the QBs we had. He also was extremely lucky, didn’t we play 3 backup QBs in a row and had an inexplicable gaffe by Marion Barber to even keep us in that Chicago game.

The team’s mindset with Tebow was different. With Orton they either thought he was good enough to win games or gave them no chance at all but when Tebow came in, they played very well either because they knew he wasn’t scoring much or because we ran the ball so much offenses couldn’t find a rhythm against a fresh defense. That and DCs just threw everything out the window when they played him.
    Oh, yeah. They loaded the box against TT. Never thought I'd see PAP from empty.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I see Bortles is already a fan favorite, lol. Something about the #5, Flacco and now Bortles.
    Bortles just doesn't look good. Even his highlights are mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Quinn was 1-7 with 2 TDs and 8 INTs. In no way is that anywhere near being better than Tebow just because he "started games after that."

And Orton may have been better, but his time in Denver was plain awful. And that's all I judge him by. Tim had the same team he did, minus his best receiver in Brandon Lloyd and Tim took that team to the playoffs.

Tim Tebow was not the best QB on that team, but he was the best football player at the QB position and he was the better leader of the QBs we had. He also was extremely lucky, didn’t we play 3 backup QBs in a row and had an inexplicable gaffe by Marion Barber to even keep us in that Chicago game.

The team’s mindset with Tebow was different. With Orton they either thought he was good enough to win games or gave them no chance at all but when Tebow came in, they played very well either because they knew he wasn’t scoring much or because we ran the ball so much offenses couldn’t find a rhythm against a fresh defense. That and DCs just threw everything out the window when they played him.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I guess that speaks to just how bad the Broncos QB room was that year, since he never played QB again. Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn at least started games after that.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    I see Bortles is already a fan favorite, lol. Something about the #5, Flacco and now Bortles.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    :Announcer Voice: And here's the windup...
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    The footwork is what looks horrible to me. Did he just hop up and swivel his body around instead of actually moving his feet?
    Bugs or Buhlahkay (Key & Peele pronunciation )?

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    He was easily the best QB on the roster, but okay.
    I guess that speaks to just how bad the Broncos QB room was that year, since he never played QB again. Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn at least started games after that.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    The footwork is what looks horrible to me. Did he just hop up and swivel his body around instead of actually moving his feet?

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    :Announcer Voice: And here's the windup...

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    The head fake left followed smoothly into the quick feet shift to the right actually looked really good to me. Showed some potential.
    But we don't need a Center.
    I wonder if he can kick a 74 yard field goal.....

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    Marlin Briscoe, CFB Hall of Fame, but had a hard time becoming a QB in the NFL. The league hasn't changed much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X