Broncos looking at Bortles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I don't hate this. Get guy with plenty of starting experience who at times did some good things. He did a lot of bad things too but if Driskel went down I don't think rypien could handle the team
    Agreed, gotta have someone back there, especially with this O-line.

What's Plummer doing? He's already used to running for his life...
    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
      --or gets killed because the RT is a turnstile.
      That too - LOL
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        3 pages and we haven’t flown off the rails yet? So I guess I’m going to be the only one to say it????

Why didn’t we kick the tires on...............Tebow!!!!
        Same reason we don't on Kaepernick. No reason to go after guys in their 30s that have been out of the league for a number of years.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
          Eh, whatever. I liked Bortles coming out of college. He definitely hasn't done much, but only being 28 - who knows what could happen. This season is sort of a bust (I know it's only 2 games Peerless), so I'm ready to just experiment at the moment.
          I'd rather they experiment with Driskel than Bortles.

Comment

Originally posted by Acedude View Post
            I'd rather they experiment with Driskel than Bortles.
            I'd rather see what Driskel and Rypien have too. I understand wanting a vet presence, but I don't know why there the obssession with mediocre vets. Flacco was bad. Bortles is bad. Just a waste of cap space, really.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              I’m guessing so, I don’t think Bortles can practice this week due to Covid restrictions. I’m guessing a bad game by Driskel on Sunday and they’ll be quickly moving to Bortles.
              I was hoping for Chad in time for another Halloween party.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                I'm just saying. If they wanted to go the free agent route, Sloter was by far and away a better option than Bortles. In my opinion.
                Chad Kelly and Trevor Siemian are available as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  I believe Sloter is protected on someone's practice squad. I don't remember which team. They were talking about it on the radio yesterday. His name came up and they were saying that teams can protect PS players this year and Sloter is a protected PS player. So it would require a trade to acquire him.
                  I think Kyle is a free agent right now.

Comment

death by turnstile

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      I think Kyle is a free agent right now.
                      Ok. I wasn't super sure. No matter, though. Sounds like it's gonna be the Driskel/Bortles show for about a month.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                        Same reason we don't on Kaepernick. No reason to go after guys in their 30s that have been out of the league for a number of years.
                        I was joking. I'm good with not touching either. Kap had his chance here, so we all know that ship has sailed. And Tebow.............
                        #swapping

Comment

Well these guys rushing are pretty big in stature....I think you just insulted the turnstile as it would do a better job slowing down these big fellas.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

There are some people available that Bortles is better than...but the list is very short

I would take an undrafted rookie over Bortles.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Chad Kelly and Trevor Siemian are available as well.
                              Chad is who I really would've liked to see get a shot. He had all the physical tools, just too much of a head case. But the bizarre way he lost his chance, you just know that Elway's not going to look his way at all. Just weird how he went from zero to front page news, just as he was about to get a real chance.
                              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                                There are some people available that Bortles is better than...but the list is very short

I would take an undrafted rookie over Bortles.
                                I don't even think he's better than Driskel. If Lock is only going to be out for 2-3 weeks, the sensible option would be to roll with Driskel.

Comment

Working...
                                X