Broncos looking at Bortles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Chad is who I really would've liked to see get a shot. He had all the physical tools, just too much of a head case. But the bizarre way he lost his chance, you just know that Elway's not going to look his way at all. Just weird how he went from zero to front page news, just as he was about to get a real chance.
    I liked Siemian. Unfortunately, he developed a tendency to see ghost rushers and make panicked decisions under imagined pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
      I liked Siemian. Unfortunately, he developed a tendency to see ghost rushers and make panicked decisions under imagined pressure.
      I had some hope in him early. I think he got mentally damaged by Denver allowing so many sacks and QB hits.

Siemian he is a fake QB. This is not just something I am firing off from the internet...he herd me say it and reacted.

Not sure if I have seen a bigger pile of trash trying to play that many games (25 starts) at QB in the NFL. If the option was Bortles or Siemian I would take Bortles every day and twice on Sunday. I do not like Bortles either but least there is a sliver of hope in my mind he could maybe win a game for us if everything went right. Siemian would struggle even if everything else went right imo
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Super Bowl or bust... let’s goooo! Veteran playoff experienced QB with a lot of potential as a 1st round prospect.

Did anybody buy that?
        Follow me on Twitter
        @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I was hoping for Chad in time for another Halloween party.
          I’m all for Chad Kelly, though they wont let him anywhere near this team again.

And he’s on the Colts practice squad, probably protected
          Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 09-22-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            I’m all for Chad Kelly, though they wont let him anywhere near this team again.

And he’s on the Colts practice squad, probably protected
            Chad showed a lot of promise just to bad he made to many off the field mistakes if only he could of stayed on the straight and narrow just maybe he could of followed in his Uncles Steps. Chad could of been good with us oh well time to go sulk in yet another corner of the room for yet another miserable year.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
              Chad showed a lot of promise just to bad he made to many off the field mistakes if only he could of stayed on the straight and narrow just maybe he could of followed in his Uncles Steps. Chad could of been good with us oh well time to go sulk in yet another corner of the room for yet another miserable year.
              For sure, the Colts seem to like him, could be somebody they’re looking to have take over when Rivers retires. It’ll be interesting to see if he can stay out of trouble and develop into a good QB.

Not knowing all the details of the Halloween party incident, I still feel the team was a bit harsh on him. There’s been plenty of players who’ve done idiotic things and weren’t immediately cut. Part of it, I’m still thinking, might have been to smooth over Keenum at the time, as Kelly was breathing down his neck for the starting job.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                The biggest tragedy of that whole mess was Chad was about to be handed the keys that season. He totally blew it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  The biggest tragedy of that whole mess was Chad was about to be handed the keys that season. He totally blew it.
                  I’m thinking they cut Chad to take pressure off Keemum, the Halloween party made a convenient excuse to cut him. Keenum was VJ’s guy, he was never going to bench him, easier to just get rid of the guy everybody is calling for.

Comment

I’m thinking they cut Chad to take pressure off Keemum, the Halloween party made a convenient excuse to cut him. Keenum was VJ’s guy, he was never going to bench him, easier to just get rid of the guy everybody is calling for.
                    I could be a bit fuzzy, but I remember Keenum getting injured or something like that. I remember talking to some friends about Kelley getting a shot, then the news broke about the whole Halloween thing. Like I said, I'm a bit fuzzy about the details, but I remember thinking he was about to get a shot and then he blew it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok. I wasn't super sure. No matter, though. Sounds like it's gonna be the Driskel/Bortles show for about a month.
                      If Driskel can do well for four games I think stay with Driskel. Lock hasn't been impressive. The offense looked crisper with Driskel, dude stood in there and threw strikes for first downs and TD's when Lock was bailing out.

I seriously doubt Lock could have made that pinpoint pass to Fant for a TD. Lock rarely steps into a pass.

Comment

Driskel >> Lock. At least to me he looked better. If that's the case,. We may as well tank for TV.

Comment

Chad was arrested. It was reported that players and guests at the party were complaining about him. Security tried to find him, but he had slipped away from the venue. He was found by police who had been called by the people whose home he had entered uninvited, and where his behavior was strange.

The Halloween party incident doesn't sound like an excuse. Chad was released after Elway interviewed those with whom he had interacted there. What you're suggesting sounds like a front office conspiracy theory. It may be that his own teammates didn't trust him.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                            Bortles is a known quantity he is a below average QB. In my book, and unknown QB is always > a QB that you know for a fact is awful. Especially if that unknown QB is as good as Sloter has been in his preseason performances.
                            But even with those preseason performances, Sloter's NFL career appears to be over. He couldn't get on the field over Driskel in Detroit last year and no teams deemed him worthy of a training camp roster spot this year. Even with expanded practice squads this year he's still unemployed. There are a lot of QBs coming out of college each year, and when you're an undrafted QB who was with 4 franchises in 3 years and now can't find a spot to go, you're probably all done.

Comment

So what does Driskel have to do to stave off Bortles? I'm kinda thinking if he just doesn't turn the ball over, he'll be able to stay in the lineup until Lock's return.

And from the "anything could happen" perspective, he could light it up and surprise us all. Not holding my breath, but hey, It's sort of fun to imagine.
                              sigpic

Comment

So what does Driskel have to do to stave off Bortles? I'm kinda thinking if he just doesn't turn the ball over, he'll be able to stay in the lineup until Lock's return.

And from the "anything could happen" perspective, he could light it up and surprise us all. Not holding my breath, but hey, It's sort of fun to imagine.
                                He could surprise us all. In some ways with Driskel and Bortles, we've decided to go with QB's who are going to try to air it out. Maybe this is a calculated gamble by the front office: even if it doesn't succeed in terms of wins, it may well enhance the development of our young receivers.

As for Bortles, Blake used to be a big name in Denver. He ran Denver-Carrington(!).

Comment

Working...
                                X