Broncos looking at Bortles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    That FB/TE was the best QB on our roster. And the difference between going 4-12 and getting the number 2 pick and making the playoffs.

People were wondering why Tebow wasn't starting when it was clear that Orton was not getting the job done. It's like why we're wondering why Demar Dotson isn't playing while we see Wilkinson getting destroyed. Everybody wants the backup when the starter is blatantly awful.
    He wasn't the best QB on the roster but the Broncos designed a great offense that maximized the strengths of the FB/TE, and for 5-10 minutes most weeks he would deliver. The other 50-55 were almost always ugly.

He may have been the difference between 4-12 and the playoffs, but he was also the difference between 10-6 and the 8-8 they finished with.

He also never played QB again, and was out of the league following the next season. But that was a great run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      He wasn't the best QB on the roster but the Broncos designed a great offense that maximized the strengths of the FB/TE, and for 5-10 minutes most weeks he would deliver. The other 50-55 were almost always ugly.

He may have been the difference between 4-12 and the playoffs, but he was also the difference between 10-6 and the 8-8 they finished with.

He also never played QB again, and was out of the league following the next season. But that was a great run.
      Denver's 2011 offense used more different run plays from more different formations than any team in one season at any level of which I am aware. It was interesting to study.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

He was easily the best QB on the roster, but okay.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/s...389229057?s=20

.....yikes
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I remember him having a wind up motion, this looks like he tried to shorten it but threw in an unnecessary hitch so it still takes the same amount of time to release the ball

Comment

GOAT

Where’s a Super Bowl trophy pic when you need one??

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I remember him having a wind up motion, this looks like he tried to shorten it but threw in an unnecessary hitch so it still takes the same amount of time to release the ball
                Slow throwing motion and Wilk as the RT, what could possibly go wrong????

Comment

Poetry in motion. Smokin' darts, and throwin' "darts."

Comment

The head fake left followed smoothly into the quick feet shift to the right actually looked really good to me. Showed some potential.
                    But we don't need a Center.

Comment

• Marlin Briscoe, CFB Hall of Fame, but had a hard time becoming a QB in the NFL. The league hasn't changed much.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                        The head fake left followed smoothly into the quick feet shift to the right actually looked really good to me. Showed some potential.
                        But we don't need a Center.
                        I wonder if he can kick a 74 yard field goal.....

Comment

:Announcer Voice: And here's the windup...

Comment

• The footwork is what looks horrible to me. Did he just hop up and swivel his body around instead of actually moving his feet?
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                              He was easily the best QB on the roster, but okay.
                              I guess that speaks to just how bad the Broncos QB room was that year, since he never played QB again. Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn at least started games after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                                :Announcer Voice: And here's the windup...
                                Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                                The footwork is what looks horrible to me. Did he just hop up and swivel his body around instead of actually moving his feet?
                                Bugs or Buhlahkay (Key & Peele pronunciation )?
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X