• Broncos looking at Bortles

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...c-8eda34ffa1a1

Looks like they're giving him a shot

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    https://www.9news.com/article/sports...c-8eda34ffa1a1

Looks like they're giving him a shot
    I hope not.....

Comment

We need a QB. At least he has starting experience. Not really a bad thing, IMO.
      sigpic

Comment

Sloter > Bortles

Bortles is proven below average. Just because a guy is experienced, doesn't mean he adds anything positive. Heck, Driskel showed more on Sunday than I would expect to see from Bortles.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
          Sloter > Bortles

Bortles is proven below average. Just because a guy is experienced, doesn't mean he adds anything positive. Heck, Driskel showed more on Sunday than I would expect to see from Bortles.
          Nobody thinks Bortles - or anyone else is going to come in and light the world on fire. A vet QB, even if he's "below average" is better than another unproven, inexperienced QB.

I don't even care who starts. Fine, Driskel is better. A vet backup is not a bad thing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            A vet backup is not a bad thing.
            If that vet is Bortles, it's not a good thing either.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              If that vet is Bortles, it's not a good thing either.
              LOL. I'm not even suggesting he's a good starter. The Broncos need a QB. There really isn't much available out there. Most guys that would be a little promising would require a trade. Unfortunately, Blake is probably the best available option.
              sigpic

Comment

Could we possibly see the 2017 version of Bottles????? But honestly, does it really matter which backup QB we grab at this point? Since we're not signing The Chad back to Denver, then they're all the same guy. And Bortles is probably the best of the bunch on the street right now.
                #swapping

Comment

He’s signed
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

This season went from promising to bad to blah!
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Here's hoping we can stay afloat for a month. Also really hoping Lock comes back strong.
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked the title, even if it sounded a bit nosy. We were "looking" at him, as in, admiring his fashion sense, or maybe because he had some ketchup on his shirt.

But this might make one dude happy...

Comment

How the mighty have fallen. Imagine getting signed to be Jeff Driskell's backup...
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            How the mighty have fallen. Imagine getting signed to be Jeff Driskell's backup...
                            Fallen from what? A footstool?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              Nobody thinks Bortles - or anyone else is going to come in and light the world on fire. A vet QB, even if he's "below average" is better than another unproven, inexperienced QB.

I don't even care who starts. Fine, Driskel is better. A vet backup is not a bad thing.

I'd rather roll the dice on "another unproven, inexperienced QB" than roll the dice on a BAD "experienced" one.

At least you don't know what to expect but with Bortles we all know what to expect if he ever has to see the field.

But at this point I don't even care...our season was over before it even started and continued injuries to key players just confirms that a mere 2 games into the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X