No announcement yet.

Jeff Driskel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really hope he does well; just hope Wilkinson doesn't get him killed first.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      On a more serious post

Driskel is not going to carry the team or else he would not be on his 4th team. From what I saw on Sunday there is hope he can maybe make some plays.

I also saw some plays that make me understand why some people already planning us fighting with Jets and Panthers for the 1st pick.
      I can see that line of argument, but you never know. One thing he is likely to do is take shots downfield. It will be interesting, one way or another.

Comment

I wonder if the coaches will go back and watch any of his tape from Louisiana Tech, it'd be interesting to see what they did different with him, as it's really been his only success in both pros and college.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          You're saying I'm a fraud, falsely claiming knowledge of something?

Or, are you referring to Mr. Ball?
          Mr Football of course. Sam Parnell is a name synonymous with integrity.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Mr Football of course. Sam Parnell is a name synonymous with integrity.
            Mr. Foot Ball, esq. is a schlenter.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              I can’t think of any QBs that had a start to a career like his and went on to have success. Maybe Trent Green would be the closest, who was a late round pick and was even cut in the CFL, then had a breakout year with Washington, only to get hurt the next year with the Rams and was replaced by Kurt Warner. Green eventually had success with KC.

99% of the QBs like Driskel are out the NFL within a few years.
              No one thought Rich Gannon was going any where after 9 years and 3 teams. Gannon could not even get a start his first 4 years.

Went on to the All Pro twice and NFL MVP
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                No one thought Rich Gannon was going any where after 9 years and 3 teams. Gannon could not even get a start his first 4 years.

Went on to the All Pro twice and NFL MVP
                True, it sucks Lock got hurt, but I’m at least curious to see what Driskel can do.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                  I can see that line of argument, but you never know. One thing he is likely to do is take shots downfield. It will be interesting, one way or another.
                  I like some of what I saw from him against Pitt. Some of it left a real feeling in my brain.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Driskel is a very talented QB. In college you can see the "it" factor. Really hope we stay with him and give chance to develop. Its really his 1st full week of practice with Broncos 1st team offense. Looked like a 'Bronco' in headlights last week.

Comment

Has Driskel ever won a game as a starter?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                        Maybe 1 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          Maybe 1 I think.
                          Well that’s clear as mud.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            Well that’s clear as mud.
                            LOL Just like our Season Right LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                              He's 1-7 as a starter in the NFL. He looked decent on Sunday but that completion percentage concerns me. You've got to be above 60% just to be considered average nowadays. Driskel is below that and is a good indication of why he hasn't gotten many chances yet in his career.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                                He's 1-7 as a starter in the NFL. He looked decent on Sunday but that completion percentage concerns me. You've got to be above 60% just to be considered average nowadays. Driskel is below that and is a good indication of why he hasn't gotten many chances yet in his career.
                                Sure. It's a small sample at this point. We'll see how it goes from here. His ypa at Pittsburgh was 7.5 which is good. He threw twice as many TDs as picks which is OK, but small sample. Including his previous performances, his career % is 58.7, career ypa is 6.2 and he has 12 TDs and 7 picks. Sounds like a backup who is needed to start some games. Everyone will need to step up, including Jeff.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X