• Show
Clear All

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    This might be the last memory we have of the great Jeff Driskel career:

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Well I started this thread, time to close it up, Driskel is Chris Simms bad.

Leave a comment:

• Shiz
    replied
    Sucks. [/endthread]

Start new thread ‘Bortles’

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    And now we can stop hyping Jeff Driskel as being some average game manager. He literally just got benched for Rypien, who was really kept on just as a PS QB. Bortles will be the starter this Thursday
    Game manager > Driskel.

He has moments where it seems to click and then it's like the light goes off. No awareness and poor decision making. Sigh, we're 3 games into this season.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    And now we can stop hyping Jeff Driskel as being some average game manager. He literally just got benched for Rypien, who was really kept on just as a PS QB. Bortles will be the starter this Thursday

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I think you are being nice by saying above 60% is needed to be average

Whatever min ESPN uses to get QBs on the list I am not sure....they show 127 QBs on their season list since 2016. All but 19 of those QBs had above 60% completion.

I would say it is really bad for a QB to have below 60%

With that in mind...3 of the bottom 4 on this stat from 2019 are not only starting for their teams in 2020 but those teams have high hopes in those QBs...Buf/Allen, Mayfield/Clev and Minshew/Jax. Personally I think Clev and Jax will be looking for a new QB sooner or later. Still on the bubble on Allen.
    Twenty-six starting QBs were in the 60%-69% range last year including two of Denver's QBs.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    He's 1-7 as a starter in the NFL. He looked decent on Sunday but that completion percentage concerns me. You've got to be above 60% just to be considered average nowadays. Driskel is below that and is a good indication of why he hasn't gotten many chances yet in his career.
    I think you are being nice by saying above 60% is needed to be average

Whatever min ESPN uses to get QBs on the list I am not sure....they show 127 QBs on their season list since 2016. All but 19 of those QBs had above 60% completion.

I would say it is really bad for a QB to have below 60%

With that in mind...3 of the bottom 4 on this stat from 2019 are not only starting for their teams in 2020 but those teams have high hopes in those QBs...Buf/Allen, Mayfield/Clev and Minshew/Jax. Personally I think Clev and Jax will be looking for a new QB sooner or later. Still on the bubble on Allen.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    That's the thing; if Lock's injury hinders his ability to be effective, we are left with Driskel and Rypien. Not sure if Bortles is here next season. Essentially decimated at the QB position again.....
    Decimated is 10% loss, at least as far as the Roman army was concerned. Such is the nature of NFL QB depth. No team carries 10 QBs. Jeff did a good job off the bench on the road. Buzz Lightyear is expected back as he isn't on IR. Just found out Brett Rypien has been promoted to the roster, so Denver has four QBs now.

P.S. As far as I can tell, as of today, one team has a total (including PS) of two QBs, twenty teams have three, ten teams have four and one team has five. Eight teams are carrying no QBs on their PS.
    Last edited by samparnell; 09-25-2020, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Brett Rypien will probably be the backup QB on Sunday. I don't think he was ever thought of as more than a backup/PS/scout team QB anyway.
    That's the thing; if Lock's injury hinders his ability to be effective, we are left with Driskel and Rypien. Not sure if Bortles is here next season. Essentially decimated at the QB position again.....

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    FWIW, Jared Goff started his career 0-7, since he's gone 35-14. A third of the games he's lost over his career happened in his first 7 starts.
    He was also a #1 overall pick. #1 picks are gonna have a lot more leeway than 6th round picks.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    He's 1-7 as a starter in the NFL. He looked decent on Sunday but that completion percentage concerns me. You've got to be above 60% just to be considered average nowadays. Driskel is below that and is a good indication of why he hasn't gotten many chances yet in his career.
    FWIW, Jared Goff started his career 0-7, since he's gone 35-14. A third of the games he's lost over his career happened in his first 7 starts.
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 09-25-2020, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    So, Driskell is the starter for now, Bortles is the back up for now, people are saying the Rypien is not ready and may never be. There is a small sample size on Drew, but he didn't really play well against TN and wasn't looking comfortable last week before he got hurt. Looking at it from this perspective, does Denver start planning on taking another QB in the draft? I was listening to the MHH podcast and Zach Kelberman was saying that "there is no way that Denver will end up with the first pick in the draft." This may be true, but when you look at the remaining schedule, its tough. I would even go so far as to say that they lose to the Jets and Panthers because they have to travel to the east coast and they never seem to win when that's the case. If they end up with the 1st or 2nd pick, do they take Lawrence or Fields?
    Brett Rypien will probably be the backup QB on Sunday. I don't think he was ever thought of as more than a backup/PS/scout team QB anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Well, that's a downer.....
    Well there’s always a chance he’s the 1% that turn into something. It’s been awhile since a no-name QB came out of nowhere and the lit the world on fire, ala Kurt Warner, I think we’re overdue for the next Kurt Warner.

This thread needs some positive vibes, so there you go.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    We don't need him to light the world on fire, just steady the ship, make a couple of key throws and escape with wins. I think Denver will be 2-2 by this time next week. They won't do it on the back of Driskel though, they'll do it by him playing a part and the other guys on the team stepping up.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    So, Driskell is the starter for now, Bortles is the back up for now, people are saying the Rypien is not ready and may never be. There is a small sample size on Drew, but he didn't really play well against TN and wasn't looking comfortable last week before he got hurt. Looking at it from this perspective, does Denver start planning on taking another QB in the draft? I was listening to the MHH podcast and Zach Kelberman was saying that "there is no way that Denver will end up with the first pick in the draft." This may be true, but when you look at the remaining schedule, its tough. I would even go so far as to say that they lose to the Jets and Panthers because they have to travel to the east coast and they never seem to win when that's the case. If they end up with the 1st or 2nd pick, do they take Lawrence or Fields?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X