Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Driskel

So.... why not, a Driskel thread:

Drafted 6th round by Chip Kelly and the 49ers, he’s been on 4 different teams in 4 years. Started games in 2018 for the Bengals and last year for the Lions. 4 different teams is never good, though 2 of those teams coaching staffs were fired at the end of the year, which typically means they clean house with the QB room too, plus he’s played for some of the worst teams in the NFL.

He was one of top recruited high school QBs, played at Florida where he struggled in Tebow’s shadow, transferred to Louisiana Tech and had a great senior year with numbers similar to Dak Prescott that year. He’s probably drafted higher if he had played his entire career at Louisiana Tech.

He’s fast, runs a 4.5, can make plays with his legs. It’ll be interesting to see what can happen if the alter to offense to him.

Go, Jeff! Don't forget to take care of Mr. Ball. He isn't very loyal. If you don't pay attention to him, he will go to the other side in the blink of an eye.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It will be interesting to watch. I don't have super high hopes, but I'm all for him coming in and playing well.
      sigpic

Comment

He was the top rated high school QB nationally and the top pro-style QB, looked like he was on pace to be a number 1 overall pick going into college. It all fell apart at Florida, he broke his leg and then was benched the next year.

He threw for over 4K yards and 27 TDs at Louisiana Tech, maybe it was the easier competition or less pressure, but they somehow got his full potential out when nobody else could.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Go, Jeff! Don't forget to take care of Mr. Ball. He isn't very loyal. If you don't pay attention to him, he will go to the other side in the blink of an eye.
          What a charlatan!
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            It will be interesting to watch. I don't have super high hopes, but I'm all for him coming in and playing well.
            He seems to have the talent, it’s just buried deep inside him somewhere. Don’t know if the coaching staff can get the most out of him or not, Shurmur did get the most out of Keenum at one time, enough to get the Broncos to give him a contract.

With Driskel, it’s one of those hoping for the best but expecting the worst situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              What a charlatan!
              You're saying I'm a fraud, falsely claiming knowledge of something?

Or, are you referring to Mr. Ball?
              Last edited by samparnell; 09-23-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

The real question is what happens if Jeff out plays Drew Lock Then What? Lets be real Drew was not looking good both games before the injury now I take it that Drew is still a Rookie in my eyes and the not playing in pre-season did not help with the Timing of his routes ect So I am still behind Drew Lock I just wonder what happens if Jeff out plays Drew?

Comment

From wiki

Driskel was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the 207th overall pick.[17] The 49ers previously traded tight end Vernon Davis to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the pick used to select Driskel.
                  It is the circle of life Bronco fans
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

On a more serious post

Driskel is not going to carry the team or else he would not be on his 4th team. From what I saw on Sunday there is hope he can maybe make some plays.

I also saw some plays that make me understand why some people already planning us fighting with Jets and Panthers for the 1st pick.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      From wiki

It is the circle of life Bronco fans
                      Vernon Davis, running backwards and dropping key passes, the only memory Bronco fans will have of that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                        The real question is what happens if Jeff out plays Drew Lock Then What? Lets be real Drew was not looking good both games before the injury now I take it that Drew is still a Rookie in my eyes and the not playing in pre-season did not help with the Timing of his routes ect So I am still behind Drew Lock I just wonder what happens if Jeff out plays Drew?
                        I say we at least wait and see how he plays on Sunday, before we worry about the “what if” scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          Vernon Davis, running backwards and dropping key passes, the only memory Bronco fans will have of that dude.
                          Not a mountain guy; must be on the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            On a more serious post

Driskel is not going to carry the team or else he would not be on his 4th team. From what I saw on Sunday there is hope he can maybe make some plays.

I also saw some plays that make me understand why some people already planning us fighting with Jets and Panthers for the 1st pick.
                            I can’t think of any QBs that had a start to a career like his and went on to have success. Maybe Trent Green would be the closest, who was a late round pick and was even cut in the CFL, then had a breakout year with Washington, only to get hurt the next year with the Rams and was replaced by Kurt Warner. Green eventually had success with KC.

99% of the QBs like Driskel are out the NFL within a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              He seems to have the talent, it’s just buried deep inside him somewhere. Don’t know if the coaching staff can get the most out of him or not, Shurmur did get the most out of Keenum at one time, enough to get the Broncos to give him a contract.

With Driskel, it’s one of those hoping for the best but expecting the worst situations.
                              Well said. Though I didn't spend the offseason pining over Driskel, we're stuck with the situation. Might as well watch with as much enthusiasm possible, but will very tempered expectations.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X