Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popular Recurring Options, Notions, and Hijacks at BCMB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I do not think you missed any of the "current" ones but I could help you necro some of the ones the "boards" have "forgotten" if you would like or should be let them die?
    Am I the only one anxiously awaiting to see what you hav in the re-animation bag!

    Funny is this is usually the type of thread we would see during the lulls of the off-season. We're in week 3 and the way injuries hit us, we might as well have some fun!
    #swapping

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
      Bring back Bubby Brister! He’s a proven winner and capable backup who can step in when needed.
      What's Steve Deberg up to these days?
      Utah Bronco Freak

      Comment


      • #18
        Can’t take a QB thread seriously without mention of Ingle Martin.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Can’t take a QB thread seriously without mention of Ingle Martin.
          Ingle Martin had Tebow’s running ability, John Elway’s arm, and Peyton Manning’s brain. He was the only player ever rated over 99 in Madden.

          Ingle Martin once made Chuck Norris cry.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            Am I the only one anxiously awaiting to see what you hav in the re-animation bag!

            Funny is this is usually the type of thread we would see during the lulls of the off-season. We're in week 3 and the way injuries hit us, we might as well have some fun!
            I was just playing. I get the feeling the idea is the let some of these things go.

            Before the internet I can tell you Bronco fans I knew where in heavy disagreement with should Dennis Smith be pushed out of the team like he was. Some thought he still have game in him and some were glad Mike Shanahan pushed him into retirement. Back to back rings made a lot of things "ok" back then but for a while this was a big heated topic.

            Pretty much when anyone who has "won" for us and not retained for whatever reason there has been drama between fans.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              I was just playing. I get the feeling the idea is the let some of these things go.

              Before the internet I can tell you Bronco fans I knew where in heavy disagreement with should Dennis Smith be pushed out of the team like he was. Some thought he still have game in him and some were glad Mike Shanahan pushed him into retirement. Back to back rings made a lot of things "ok" back then but for a while this was a big heated topic.

              Pretty much when anyone who has "won" for us and not retained for whatever reason there has been drama between fans.
              I’m just going with the topic for fun. This thread is actually a great place for the old debates. Like the Smith one u referenced. Not growing up around many Bronco fans, I never had a place or anyone to discuss my feelings on that. And I was hurt back then. But like you said, b2b SB’s will quickly make one forget. So I joined in the boards 2003 and the SB’s were still semi-fresh. Then the 2005 AFCCG collapse, then Cutler, D-Will, and McD.........

              So I would personally love to hear some of the 80’s - 90’s stuff.
              #swapping

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Can’t take a QB thread seriously without mention of Ingle Martin.
                I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tom Brandstater....

                Comment


                • #23
                  As far as I can tell, here is a list of all QBs mentioned on this thread in order of career yards per pass attempt:
                  Peyton Manning 7.7
                  Colin Kaepernick 7.3
                  John Elway 7.1
                  Jay Cutler 7.1
                  Steve DeBerg 6.8
                  Jake Plummer 6.7
                  Tim Tebow 6.7
                  Bubby Brister 6.5
                  Drew Lock (so far) 6.5
                  Tom Brandstater 0.0
                  Ingle Martin no passing stats
                  Chad Kelly (so far) no passing stats
                  Kyle Sloter (so far) no stats
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    So by that list....

                    PM was best QB we had

                    Kaep is better than Elway

                    Plummer is equal to Tebow
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Some of the comments here are valid but I am finding that they are taking some opinions out of context. As an example if we end up with Jeff D getting knocked out of the game that will mean our #1 and #2 QBs are injured and likely for two or more weeks. There are very very few teams which end up with a winning record when that happens.

                      So when we are looking at bringing in a guy to backup our backup then I do not see this being out of bounds to look at Kelly or Sloter as it is possible they could well develop into great backup QBs to Lock longer term. I do think that two years in and based on what this FO has done it is fair to say Rypien is not gonna be our #2.

                      Kap is another genuinely interesting option. Like Blake he has legitimate starting experience. Can he play still - maybe. At the very least why not try him out? There is also the financial element of bringing in Kap. He like Tebow will bring a crowd with him. Not a bad thing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        Some of the comments here are valid but I am finding that they are taking some opinions out of context. As an example if we end up with Jeff D getting knocked out of the game that will mean our #1 and #2 QBs are injured and likely for two or more weeks. There are very very few teams which end up with a winning record when that happens.

                        So when we are looking at bringing in a guy to backup our backup then I do not see this being out of bounds to look at Kelly or Sloter as it is possible they could well develop into great backup QBs to Lock longer term. I do think that two years in and based on what this FO has done it is fair to say Rypien is not gonna be our #2.

                        Kap is another genuinely interesting option. Like Blake he has legitimate starting experience. Can he play still - maybe. At the very least why not try him out? There is also the financial element of bringing in Kap. He like Tebow will bring a crowd with him. Not a bad thing.
                        I agree. I stood up for Sloter and said he should have made the team. Some on this forum take that to mean I think Sloter is the greatest QB ever. No. It means that I felt Paxton Lynch should have been placed on IR then because of his ankle and that Sloter deserved a spot on the 53 based on his game play in the preseason. Hindsight only backs up my opinion then.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          So by that list....

                          PM was best QB we had

                          Kaep is better than Elway

                          Plummer is equal to Tebow
                          Only in terms of ypa.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            Some of the comments here are valid but I am finding that they are taking some opinions out of context. As an example if we end up with Jeff D getting knocked out of the game that will mean our #1 and #2 QBs are injured and likely for two or more weeks. There are very very few teams which end up with a winning record when that happens.

                            So when we are looking at bringing in a guy to backup our backup then I do not see this being out of bounds to look at Kelly or Sloter as it is possible they could well develop into great backup QBs to Lock longer term. I do think that two years in and based on what this FO has done it is fair to say Rypien is not gonna be our #2.

                            Kap is another genuinely interesting option. Like Blake he has legitimate starting experience. Can he play still - maybe. At the very least why not try him out? There is also the financial element of bringing in Kap. He like Tebow will bring a crowd with him. Not a bad thing.
                            Many teams won't have a winning record if their starting QB is knocked out early in the season. The team with the best backup QB is Chicago. The team with the weakest situation at backup QB is Jacksonville. if for no other reason than that there is only one and he has no starts and no stats.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                              I agree. I stood up for Sloter and said he should have made the team. Some on this forum take that to mean I think Sloter is the greatest QB ever. No. It means that I felt Paxton Lynch should have been placed on IR then because of his ankle and that Sloter deserved a spot on the 53 based on his game play in the preseason. Hindsight only backs up my opinion then.
                              He's available, but Denver has four QBs on the roster right now (none on PS at the moment) Buzz Lightyear may return in which case the number of QBs may go back to two, if for no other reason than there will be players returning from IR.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X