Popular Recurring Options, Notions, and Hijacks at BCMB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular Recurring Options, Notions, and Hijacks at BCMB

This discussion is moved from the Drew Lock thread instead of hijacking it further.

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    It's the application of Godwin's Law to these message boards. The longer a thread, the inevitability it will turn into Tebow one.
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Yes!!!! Nothing is better than a Tebow hijack! That's when u know every angle has been exhausted. It's amazing though, It's never an Elway or Manning hijack. Not Cutler or Plummer. He's the GOAT of hijacked threads........TEBOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!
    For some it's the first resort, not the last.

He's the GOAT but not the first one, it was Plummer, but time has faded this option, and perhaps the Tebow subject will eventually fade away as well, though some will probably feel bitter about it forever.

These are the popular, reality-denying subjects which have cropped up in the threads repeatedly:

When we need a QB:

1. Jake Plummer never should have been benched, bring him back. As noted, time has mostly faded this out, and it's only brought up jokingly now.
    2. Tim Tebow was a "great" QB, we won because of him, he didn't get a fair deal and shouldn't have been cut in favor of Peyton Freakin' Manning! Maybe we can bring him back.
    3. Kyle Sloter was "great", maybe we can get him back.
    4. Chad Kelly was "great", maybe we can get him back.
    5. Colin Kaepernick was "great" let's sign him.

When there's been a coaching vacancy, bring back:

1. Mike Shanahan --despite the fact that he's long retired and had many issues at the end.
    2. Josh McDaniels who, according to a couple of folks, has a fantastic offensive mind and didn't get a fair deal here.

Whenever there's coaching issues we never should have let go of:

1. John Fox, who mostly rode the success brought by Peyton Manning.
    2. DC Wade Phillips, considered by some to be a defensive "mastermind."
    3. Vance Joseph. Some believe that he's potentially a great coach and bitterly feel that he didn't get a fair deal here and that he shouldn't have been fired.

And we should have signed:

4. Kyle Shanahan

Also, every single problem is all John Elway's fault while every good thing that's happened is to another's credit: Brian Xanders, Peyton Manning, Wade Phillips, et al.

Most of these options and ideas have been shot to pieces with logic and hard facts, repeatedly, yet still come up.

Have I missed any?
    Last edited by L.M.; 09-23-2020, 01:17 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Whoever says they never should have fired Fox or Joseph?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

Tebow’s lasting legacy with the Broncos will be his ultimate ability to hijack any message board thread, with only the mere mention of his name.

Like an unstoppable force, even just whispering the name Tebow will send any thread, even those with a rock solid foundation, whirling into a sea of despair, lost forever in blackness.

Comment

You forgot Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels' subjects!

Comment

Not ashamed to admit it...

Before we got PM I was ready to go All IN for Tebow like how Balt has gone All IN For Lamar.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Overall LM before I talk about some of your post just want to say I hope you just saying this to get something off your chest because an even more "option shot to pieces" concept is no matter how good a point it will never change the "internet".

Everyone has an opinion good Bronco Forum Poster

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
            These options have been shot to pieces with logic and hard facts, repeatedly, yet still come up.
            Slow your role on Wade bruh....no one has replaced him who has been better imo. Will take his attacking defense over anything I have seen since he left. Shoot over anything I have seen in Denver in this century!

Not looking to argue about Wade....though my opinion is how I feel. Just do not think every issue is as "shot to pieces with logic and hard facts, repeatedly" as you may think.

Have I missed any?
            I do not think you missed any of the "current" ones but I could help you necro some of the ones the "boards" have "forgotten" if you would like or should be let them die?
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              Whoever says they never should have fired Fox or Joseph?
              People. Do you think VJ should have been fired after his second year?

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                You forgot Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels' subjects!
                Cutler comes up quite a bit, but mostly in the context of comparison/contrast with other QBs.

I did list McDoof, but maybe you're referring to the controversial trade with Chicago? Are people still bringing that up and debating it?
                Last edited by L.M.; 09-23-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Bring back Bubby Brister! He’s a proven winner and capable backup who can step in when needed.
                  Follow me on Twitter
                  @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Overall LM before I talk about some of your post just want to say I hope you just saying this to get something off your chest because an even more "option shot to pieces" concept is no matter how good a point it will never change the "internet".

Everyone has an opinion good Bronco Forum Poster
                    Of course, I don't expect to change anything, we have a <AHEM!> "well-rounded" forum full of diverse opinions. I'm just giving an off topic subject a home here and organizing it with similar items.

Slow your role on Wade bruh....no one has replaced him who has been better imo. Will take his attacking defense over anything I have seen since he left. Shoot over anything I have seen in Denver in this century!

Not looking to argue about Wade....though my opinion is how I feel. Just do not think every issue is as "shot to pieces with logic and hard facts, repeatedly" as you may think.
                    I've edited that. This is a controversial subject and I've tried to sort it out here with facts (particularly on the circumstances of his departure) once or twice before, necrobumping a Wade thread.

It's hard to disagree that he's the best DC in Denver this century when we won a SB with defense under his command and when comparing him to such stunning characters like Bob Slowik at DC. His schemes, and the roster at hand in 2015, was the perfect marriage -- that's beyond dispute, and the Lombardi speaks for itself. But a great deal of it was indeed the roster as we saw production drop off in 2016 after Jackson and Trevathan left. The inability to stop the run was a significant factor that contributed to losses and missing the playoffs that year. His DC track record is mediocre, up and down. His D was blown out 55-10 in SB24. I think he's been overrated in Broncos Country, put on a pedestal higher than the actual contribution merits --he certainly isn't the God of Defense. His track record in LA also proves that.

I do not think you missed any of the "current" ones but I could help you necro some of the ones the "boards" have "forgotten" if you would like or should be let them die?
                    Post whatever you like.
                    Last edited by L.M.; 09-23-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

People. Do you think VJ should have been fired after his second year?
                      I wouldn’t have been upset if he were given one more year, but I was cool with the decision.

He never got to see what he could do with a “legitimate” potential franchise quarterback or a proven one.

The point is, I don’t think threads get interrupted or hijacked by people who think Joseph shouldn’t have been fired.
                      Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                      No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                      Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        I wouldn’t have been upset if he were given one more year, but I was cool with the decision.

He never got to see what he could do with a “legitimate” potential franchise quarterback or a proven one.

The point is, I don’t think threads get interrupted or hijacked by people who think Joseph shouldn’t have been fired.
                        "Options, Notions, and Hijacks" are not necessarily all the same thing, except that they are (or were) recurring.

Comment

I'm a little confused. Is this thread satire? Or serious? Am I being trolled?

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            I'm a little confused. Is this thread satire? Or serious? Am I being trolled?
                            That depends, do you feel offended, and if so, then why did you offer up additional examples here? And do you also take issue with the nature of the discourse in the Drew Lock thread before I transported it here (to get that place back on topic)? Some people won't take it seriously, some people will. Some people think it's funny, others are annoyed. But that's the case on most topics and posts around here, they won't please everybody. And no one specifically is being called out.

From my POV. this is just a fan forum on the subject of sports, so how serious can any thread truly be from this perspective?

If people wish to add to the list, or debate any of these items, then this thread is a container for doing so. Maybe then they don't have to derail other threads all of the time and it can just happen here.

Probably not though...
                            Last edited by L.M.; 09-23-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

That depends, do you feel offended, and if so, then why did you offer up additional examples here? And do you also take issue with the nature of the discourse in the Drew Lock thread before I transported it here (to get that place back on topic)? Some people won't take it seriously, some people will. Some people think it's funny, others are annoyed. But that's the case on most topics and posts around here, they won't please everybody. And no one specifically is being called out.

From my POV. this is just a fan forum on the subject of sports, so how serious can any thread truly be from this perspective?

If people wish to add to the list, or debate any of these items, then this thread is a container for doing so. Maybe then they don't have to derail other threads all of the time and it can just happen here.

Probably not though...
                              Oh, no L.M. I don't take offense to anything. Initially - I thought this was a joking around / thread full of satire. Then reading a little closer, it seemed that there was some unhappiness about thread hijacking.

Anyways - I could care less. Like you mentioned, this is an internet message board - how serious could it really be?

I mean - comparing Drew Lock to Jay Cutler (which I brought up) in the original Lock thread seemed pretty fair as the rationale I listed seemed appropriate between the two. Not that this thread was made due to that, but conversation in that sense is all sort of relevant to the Broncos organization. It did lead to Tebow talk, but that's because it all was relevant as members were discussing why Drew Lock is considered a franchise QB, while others considered reasons for Jay Cutler as a franchise QB, and one other member considered Tim Tebow a franchise QB.

I mean whatever, I guess I don't have any horse in this race. I'm here to talk Broncos football anywhere that interests me...

Comment

Working...
                              X