X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I agree. I stood up for Sloter and said he should have made the team. Some on this forum take that to mean I think Sloter is the greatest QB ever. No. It means that I felt Paxton Lynch should have been placed on IR then because of his ankle and that Sloter deserved a spot on the 53 based on his game play in the preseason. Hindsight only backs up my opinion then.
    He's available, but Denver has four QBs on the roster right now (none on PS at the moment) Buzz Lightyear may return in which case the number of QBs may go back to two, if for no other reason than there will be players returning from IR.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Some of the comments here are valid but I am finding that they are taking some opinions out of context. As an example if we end up with Jeff D getting knocked out of the game that will mean our #1 and #2 QBs are injured and likely for two or more weeks. There are very very few teams which end up with a winning record when that happens.

So when we are looking at bringing in a guy to backup our backup then I do not see this being out of bounds to look at Kelly or Sloter as it is possible they could well develop into great backup QBs to Lock longer term. I do think that two years in and based on what this FO has done it is fair to say Rypien is not gonna be our #2.

Kap is another genuinely interesting option. Like Blake he has legitimate starting experience. Can he play still - maybe. At the very least why not try him out? There is also the financial element of bringing in Kap. He like Tebow will bring a crowd with him. Not a bad thing.
    Many teams won't have a winning record if their starting QB is knocked out early in the season. The team with the best backup QB is Chicago. The team with the weakest situation at backup QB is Jacksonville. if for no other reason than that there is only one and he has no starts and no stats.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    So by that list....

PM was best QB we had

Kaep is better than Elway

Plummer is equal to Tebow
    Only in terms of ypa.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Some of the comments here are valid but I am finding that they are taking some opinions out of context. As an example if we end up with Jeff D getting knocked out of the game that will mean our #1 and #2 QBs are injured and likely for two or more weeks. There are very very few teams which end up with a winning record when that happens.

So when we are looking at bringing in a guy to backup our backup then I do not see this being out of bounds to look at Kelly or Sloter as it is possible they could well develop into great backup QBs to Lock longer term. I do think that two years in and based on what this FO has done it is fair to say Rypien is not gonna be our #2.

Kap is another genuinely interesting option. Like Blake he has legitimate starting experience. Can he play still - maybe. At the very least why not try him out? There is also the financial element of bringing in Kap. He like Tebow will bring a crowd with him. Not a bad thing.
    I agree. I stood up for Sloter and said he should have made the team. Some on this forum take that to mean I think Sloter is the greatest QB ever. No. It means that I felt Paxton Lynch should have been placed on IR then because of his ankle and that Sloter deserved a spot on the 53 based on his game play in the preseason. Hindsight only backs up my opinion then.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    So by that list....

PM was best QB we had

Kaep is better than Elway

Plummer is equal to Tebow

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    As far as I can tell, here is a list of all QBs mentioned on this thread in order of career yards per pass attempt:
    Peyton Manning 7.7
    Colin Kaepernick 7.3
    John Elway 7.1
    Jay Cutler 7.1
    Steve DeBerg 6.8
    Jake Plummer 6.7
    Tim Tebow 6.7
    Bubby Brister 6.5
    Drew Lock (so far) 6.5
    Tom Brandstater 0.0
    Ingle Martin no passing stats
    Chad Kelly (so far) no passing stats
    Kyle Sloter (so far) no stats

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Can’t take a QB thread seriously without mention of Ingle Martin.
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tom Brandstater....

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I was just playing. I get the feeling the idea is the let some of these things go.

Before the internet I can tell you Bronco fans I knew where in heavy disagreement with should Dennis Smith be pushed out of the team like he was. Some thought he still have game in him and some were glad Mike Shanahan pushed him into retirement. Back to back rings made a lot of things "ok" back then but for a while this was a big heated topic.

Pretty much when anyone who has "won" for us and not retained for whatever reason there has been drama between fans.
    I’m just going with the topic for fun. This thread is actually a great place for the old debates. Like the Smith one u referenced. Not growing up around many Bronco fans, I never had a place or anyone to discuss my feelings on that. And I was hurt back then. But like you said, b2b SB’s will quickly make one forget. So I joined in the boards 2003 and the SB’s were still semi-fresh. Then the 2005 AFCCG collapse, then Cutler, D-Will, and McD.........

So I would personally love to hear some of the 80’s - 90’s stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Am I the only one anxiously awaiting to see what you hav in the re-animation bag!

Funny is this is usually the type of thread we would see during the lulls of the off-season. We're in week 3 and the way injuries hit us, we might as well have some fun!
    I was just playing. I get the feeling the idea is the let some of these things go.

Before the internet I can tell you Bronco fans I knew where in heavy disagreement with should Dennis Smith be pushed out of the team like he was. Some thought he still have game in him and some were glad Mike Shanahan pushed him into retirement. Back to back rings made a lot of things "ok" back then but for a while this was a big heated topic.

Pretty much when anyone who has "won" for us and not retained for whatever reason there has been drama between fans.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ingle Martin had Tebow’s running ability, John Elway’s arm, and Peyton Manning’s brain. He was the only player ever rated over 99 in Madden.

Ingle Martin once made Chuck Norris cry.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Bring back Bubby Brister! He’s a proven winner and capable backup who can step in when needed.
    What's Steve Deberg up to these days?

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I do not think you missed any of the "current" ones but I could help you necro some of the ones the "boards" have "forgotten" if you would like or should be let them die?
    Am I the only one anxiously awaiting to see what you hav in the re-animation bag!

Funny is this is usually the type of thread we would see during the lulls of the off-season. We're in week 3 and the way injuries hit us, we might as well have some fun!

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    That depends, do you feel offended, and if so, then why did you offer up additional examples here? And do you also take issue with the nature of the discourse in the Drew Lock thread before I transported it here (to get that place back on topic)? Some people won't take it seriously, some people will. Some people think it's funny, others are annoyed. But that's the case on most topics and posts around here, they won't please everybody. And no one specifically is being called out.

From my POV. this is just a fan forum on the subject of sports, so how serious can any thread truly be from this perspective?

If people wish to add to the list, or debate any of these items, then this thread is a container for doing so. Maybe then they don't have to derail other threads all of the time and it can just happen here.

Probably not though...
    Oh, no L.M. I don't take offense to anything. Initially - I thought this was a joking around / thread full of satire. Then reading a little closer, it seemed that there was some unhappiness about thread hijacking.

Anyways - I could care less. Like you mentioned, this is an internet message board - how serious could it really be?

I mean - comparing Drew Lock to Jay Cutler (which I brought up) in the original Lock thread seemed pretty fair as the rationale I listed seemed appropriate between the two. Not that this thread was made due to that, but conversation in that sense is all sort of relevant to the Broncos organization. It did lead to Tebow talk, but that's because it all was relevant as members were discussing why Drew Lock is considered a franchise QB, while others considered reasons for Jay Cutler as a franchise QB, and one other member considered Tim Tebow a franchise QB.

I mean whatever, I guess I don't have any horse in this race. I'm here to talk Broncos football anywhere that interests me...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X