So,,,,,Brady's Coming To Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Well, not surprisingly it seems like everyone's picking Tampa this week. I am quite sure that if we were starting Lock, Sutton and Miller, it would be different. But you go with what you got, and not whine about what could have been.

I am not sure about Brady. I don't think he will excel this week. In fact, I'd love to see some real pressure, if we can muster it. Gronk's not a factor as of yet. And those quality receivers have not shown what they can do....yet. Having said these things, each week I expect Tampa to get a little better. Fournette will play a bigger role. And you gotta believe Godwin and Evans will be open at times.

As for The Broncs, it's a winnable game IMO. If I was betting, well that's another story. But hopefully loads of pressure on D, a lot of hard nosed running, and as much Fant as possible. I think Hamler could be ready for more action. He looked good, and Jeudy needs to catch first...because we know he's got moves like Jagger!

Had this been a few games later, and we had the same rosters, I'd be more concerned. But as mentioned, TB is not in sync yet. This could be an upset. Not expecting it, but I see the potential. Conversely, 0 and 3 is not good, given it probably translates to 1 and 4 after we meet The Pats.

Your thoughts?
    The one thing about injuries is other players have the chance to step up. At best we find some new play makers, maybe some good depth.

Usually it does take a while as young guys have growing pains.

Get the feeling this weekend will be a game to forget myself as we in recovery mode and TB is starting to hit on all cylinders. I did get a bit excited about Agim and what our OL has been saying about him. Than again I wonder if you and I could impress some of these OL the they been playing
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
      The Broncos are never on in Arizona where I live and it makes me really sad.
      Wow i'm in London England and never realised American's couldn't get NFL Gamepass , how ridiculous .

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        I was watching a Bronco Country youtube video....according to them...PFF had Bolles rated as our best player against Pitt

Do not have access to the rating so could not check for myself
        Yeah that's true. He is also 5th ranked tackle so far in the season. On the other hand Cushenberry is the worst ranked center in the league.

But it's still early in to the season so there's is a lot of variance in both traditional boxscore and pff stats.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Blue is [email protected]

Green is [email protected]

and Red is [email protected]

I am stunned. I've lived in NM, in the Dallas sports market, for years, and the FOX station here ALWAYS prioritizes Dallas over Denver when there's a schedule conflict! Not this time!?

Also notice that the entire New England area is getting the game, for the Br*dybunch.
          Except for Sunday, Monday and Thursday Night games, the network coverage goes with the visiting team, CBS for AFC and FOX for NFC. Dallas is in the Central Time Zone and the Cowboys don't want to play at Noon, so they always want the later game which puts their kickoff at about 3 PM.

Probably because of Don Perkins, the Dallas Cowboys were the most popular NFL team in New Mexico in the Sixties and Seventies. That began to change in the Eighties, and now the Broncos are probably more popular from ABQ north while the Cowboys are still preferred in the southern/southeastern part of the state. On the map you can see the Cowboys/Seahawks game will be broadcast in Cruces, Hobbs, Portales, Clovis, Tucumcari, etc.

The Denver Broncos host two NFC opponents each season and the possibility of a scheduling conflict with the Cowboys is possible on those dates. I knew that the Tampa and New Orleans games would be potential problems for TV scheduling conflicts. In week 12, Dallas plays Washington on Thursday, so no conflict there. Like you, I thought FOX would broadcast the Dallas at Seattle game instead of the Tampa at Denver game.

When I saw this map, I got excited and went to set a DVR timer. Dish had the Cowboys game on their schedule. I checked the KRQE FOX Channel 2 schedule and it said the Denver game would be carried. I was confused, so I called Van Tate at KRQE Sports. He checked and verified the Denver game would be carried on KRQE FOX Channel 2 here. He told me, that because of the popularity of both teams, the station alternates when conflicts occur. Last year Broncos fans here didn't get the week 16 game with the Lions, so this year they say Cowboys fans won't get week 3 game at Seattle. We shall see.

It's kind of ironic because KRQE Channel 13 is CBS and Channel 2 FOX. Van Tate assured me that the Tampa at Denver game would be on FOX Channel 2 here at 2 PM on Sunday 27 September. Hope it happens.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It's a bit sad for Bolles. He could be ranked the #1 OT in the NFL, but the next time he gets a holding call there will be folks muttering about him.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Except for Sunday, Monday and Thursday Night games, the network coverage goes with the visiting team, CBS for AFC and FOX for NFC. Dallas is in the Central Time Zone and the Cowboys don't want to play at Noon, so they always want the later game which puts their kickoff at about 3 PM.

Probably because of Don Perkins, the Dallas Cowboys were the most popular NFL team in New Mexico in the Sixties and Seventies. That began to change in the Eighties, and now the Broncos are probably more popular from ABQ north while the Cowboys are still preferred in the southern/southeastern part of the state. On the map you can see the Cowboys/Seahawks game will be broadcast in Cruces, Hobbs, Portales, Clovis, Tucumcari, etc.

The Denver Broncos host two NFC opponents each season and the possibility of a scheduling conflict with the Cowboys is possible on those dates. I knew that the Tampa and New Orleans games would be potential problems for TV scheduling conflicts. In week 12, Dallas plays Washington on Thursday, so no conflict there. Like you, I thought FOX would broadcast the Dallas at Seattle game instead of the Tampa at Denver game.

When I saw this map, I got excited and went to set a DVR timer. Dish had the Cowboys game on their schedule. I checked the KRQE FOX Channel 2 schedule and it said the Denver game would be carried. I was confused, so I called Van Tate at KRQE Sports. He checked and verified the Denver game would be carried on KRQE FOX Channel 2 here. He told me, that because of the popularity of both teams, the station alternates when conflicts occur. Last year Broncos fans here didn't get the week 16 game with the Lions, so this year they say Cowboys fans won't get week 3 game at Seattle. We shall see.

It's kind of ironic because KRQE Channel 13 is CBS and Channel 2 FOX. Van Tate assured me that the Tampa at Denver game would be on FOX Channel 2 here at 2 PM on Sunday 27 September. Hope it happens.
              Thanks for checking, Sam --it's good to know people in high places!

It would be nice if they are truly alternating fairly now between coverage of the two teams. The priority on Dallas really enraged people in Durango (where my parents live) who are in the ABQ broadcast market --Colorado residents forced to watch a Texas team instead of a Colorado team! I think they've solved that now by temporarily carrying the Denver FOX station on gameday? Not sure...

Unfortunately, I personally know and see more darn Cowpie fans than Broncos fans in the Farmington, Santa Fe and Albuquerque areas where I live or have friends and family, but it's impossible to know for sure which team is more popular. I see Cowpie stickers on cars everywhere, or Cowpie hats. When I pass through Chama too, come to think of it. Their success in the '70s and branding as "America's Team" really has Dallas' popularity widespread across the nation --it's disgusting!

I've also seen a disturbing amount of Raider fans here in NM, particularly among the Native Americans. One of the radio stations in Albuquerque claims to be "The Home of the Raiders".
              Last edited by L.M.; 09-25-2020, 07:16 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by kunetsu View Post
                If you actually took closer look at his stats you would see this:

per PFF

"I REPEAT, TOM BRADY IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING WASHED UP
                It’s easy to look at Brady’s box score stats and just assume he’s gone down the drain. After all, he’s averaging just 6.4 yards per attempt with a 65% completion percentage, and he now has three interceptions in two games. However, the fact of the matter is that it goes a lot deeper than that.

Brady topped his solid debut as a Buccaneer in Week 1 (77.8 PFF grade) by posting an 89.2 PFF grade in Week 2 against Carolina, the second-best of the week. He also tied for the most big-time throws (four) of the week and ranked fifth in the percentage of accurate passes thrown. On throws of 10 yards or more, Brady threw six of 10 such passes perfectly, according to PFF’s ball-location data. And of those 10 passes, four of them were dropped by his receiving unit. In total, Brady finished the day with seven dropped passes, two more than any other quarterback.

So far this season, Brady is tied for the most big-time throws in the NFL, with nine, and his receiving unit has dropped 36.4% of the accurate passes thrown 10 or more yards downfield (worst in NFL by eight percentage points). Brady has had a lot of yards and a few scores left off the box score this season because of drops or defensive pass intereference. While his traditional stats don’t suggest it, Brady is outplaying most quarterbacks in the NFL right now."

According to PFF Brady is number #3 QB after Rodgers and Wilson in 2020
                This reinforces the fact that its not just Brady. He also has Gronk and Mike Evans. Brady by himself won't win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  It's a bit sad for Bolles. He could be ranked the #1 OT in the NFL, but the next time he gets a holding call there will be folks muttering about him.
                  That depends on its impact. He was called for holding last Sunday but it didn't negate a big play or halt the drive --which ended in a Gordon TD!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                    This reinforces the fact that its not just Brady. He also has Gronk and Mike Evans. Brady by himself won't win the game.
                    This week Godwin could be a factor again, and Fournette is getting traction. If Gronk ever gets it going, they will be tough down the stretch.

Comment

That depends on its impact. He was called for holding last Sunday but it didn't negate a big play or halt the drive --which ended in a Gordon TD!
                      I agree with your take, but I also believe some will not let it go.

Comment

Our defense needs to step up and get the job done...but just as important is our coaching needs to have an excellent game plan to execute high quality plays that show great imagination....AND SCORE POINTS!
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I don't even care about beating Brady at this point. I just hope we have enough players to play next week. Dropping like flies.
                          :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                            I don't even care about beating Brady at this point. I just hope we have enough players to play next week. Dropping like flies.
                            Yeah, but how SWEET would it feel with this depleted team!
                            Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Thanks for checking, Sam --it's good to know people in high places!

It would be nice if they are truly alternating fairly now between coverage of the two teams. The priority on Dallas really enraged people in Durango (where my parents live) who are in the ABQ broadcast market. Colorado residents forced to watch a Texas team instead of a Colorado team! I think they've solved that now by temporarily carrying the Denver FOX station on gameday? Not sure...

Unfortunately, I personally know and see more darn Cowpie fans than Broncos fans in the Farmington, Santa Fe and Albuquerque areas where I live or have friends and family, but it's impossible to know which team is more popular for sure. I see Cowpie stickers on cars everywhere, or Cowpie hats. When I pass through Chama too, come to think of it. Their success in the '70s and branding as "America's Team" really has Dallas' popularity widespread across the nation --it's disgusting!

I've also seen a disturbing amount of Raider fans here in NM, particularly among the Native Americans. One of the radio stations in Albuquerque claims to be "The Home of the Raiders".
                              YUCK.

Sadly there is a sizeable amount of Raiders fans here in st louis missouri too...im friends w a few and one owns a sports bar so we all get together and there's like 5-10 raiders fans on any givven sunday and im the token Bronco fan
                              Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
                                YUCK.

Sadly there is a sizeable amount of Raiders fans here in st louis missouri too...im friends w a few and one owns a sports bar so we all get together and there's like 5-10 raiders fans on any givven sunday and im the token Bronco fan
                                They're in every state.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X