Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So,,,,,Brady's Coming To Town

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So,,,,,Brady's Coming To Town

    Well, not surprisingly it seems like everyone's picking Tampa this week. I am quite sure that if we were starting Lock, Sutton and Miller, it would be different. But you go with what you got, and not whine about what could have been.

    I am not sure about Brady. I don't think he will excel this week. In fact, I'd love to see some real pressure, if we can muster it. Gronk's not a factor as of yet. And those quality receivers have not shown what they can do....yet. Having said these things, each week I expect Tampa to get a little better. Fournette will play a bigger role. And you gotta believe Godwin and Evans will be open at times.

    As for The Broncs, it's a winnable game IMO. If I was betting, well that's another story. But hopefully loads of pressure on D, a lot of hard nosed running, and as much Fant as possible. I think Hamler could be ready for more action. He looked good, and Jeudy needs to catch first...because we know he's got moves like Jagger!

    Had this been a few games later, and we had the same rosters, I'd be more concerned. But as mentioned, TB is not in sync yet. This could be an upset. Not expecting it, but I see the potential. Conversely, 0 and 3 is not good, given it probably translates to 1 and 4 after we meet The Pats.

    Your thoughts?

  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Well, not surprisingly it seems like everyone's picking Tampa this week. I am quite sure that if we were starting Lock, Sutton and Miller, it would be different. But you go with what you got, and not whine about what could have been.

    I am not sure about Brady. I don't think he will excel this week. In fact, I'd love to see some real pressure, if we can muster it. Gronk's not a factor as of yet. And those quality receivers have not shown what they can do....yet. Having said these things, each week I expect Tampa to get a little better. Fournette will play a bigger role. And you gotta believe Godwin and Evans will be open at times.

    As for The Broncs, it's a winnable game IMO. If I was betting, well that's another story. But hopefully loads of pressure on D, a lot of hard nosed running, and as much Fant as possible. I think Hamler could be ready for more action. He looked good, and Jeudy needs to catch first...because we know he's got moves like Jagger!

    Had this been a few games later, and we had the same rosters, I'd be more concerned. But as mentioned, TB is not in sync yet. This could be an upset. Not expecting it, but I see the potential. Conversely, 0 and 3 is not good, given it probably translates to 1 and 4 after we meet The Pats.

    Your thoughts?
    I actually have a good feeling about this game, not sure why. I think the players are fed up with losing close games, and know that they have to step up their games with a lot of our star players out. And it's not like we haven't been close or done some good things. Plus, Brady has had a history of struggling in the Mile High City. I think we pull off an upset in a rare home underdog role.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Well, not surprisingly it seems like everyone's picking Tampa this week. I am quite sure that if we were starting Lock, Sutton and Miller, it would be different. But you go with what you got, and not whine about what could have been.

      I am not sure about Brady. I don't think he will excel this week. In fact, I'd love to see some real pressure, if we can muster it. Gronk's not a factor as of yet. And those quality receivers have not shown what they can do....yet. Having said these things, each week I expect Tampa to get a little better. Fournette will play a bigger role. And you gotta believe Godwin and Evans will be open at times.

      As for The Broncs, it's a winnable game IMO. If I was betting, well that's another story. But hopefully loads of pressure on D, a lot of hard nosed running, and as much Fant as possible. I think Hamler could be ready for more action. He looked good, and Jeudy needs to catch first...because we know he's got moves like Jagger!

      Had this been a few games later, and we had the same rosters, I'd be more concerned. But as mentioned, TB is not in sync yet. This could be an upset. Not expecting it, but I see the potential. Conversely, 0 and 3 is not good, given it probably translates to 1 and 4 after we meet The Pats.

      Your thoughts?
      Brady has won his last 2 at Mile High, but these were against against Siemian (2016) and a back up Osweiller (2017 version, not the solid 2015 version). He gets another chance on Sunday against a back up.

      I think if we look closer at his stats so far this year we can see his decline. 3 TDs but also 3 INTs in just 2 games, and around 450 yards passing. It's like Brady is an inferior version of Jameis Winston. Same TD/INT rate but fewer yards per game.

      I can see Driskel outplaying this version of Brady and the game coming down to 1st and Goal conversions and turnovers.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was so looking forward to Miller giving Brady PTSD of the 2015 AFC champ game. I fear that may never happen again now.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've gotten pretty good with zero fans, or small numbers, for all the sports I watch. Better than no sports. But at times I sure wish we had a full house at a game, and in this case, against Brady and company.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
            I actually have a good feeling about this game, not sure why. I think the players are fed up with losing close games, and know that they have to step up their games with a lot of our star players out. And it's not like we haven't been close or done some good things. Plus, Brady has had a history of struggling in the Mile High City. I think we pull off an upset in a rare home underdog role.
            For some strange reason... I do too. I think this game will be an anomaly to what I expect our season to be, but I can see the Bucs over-looking us as we are just riddled with injuries.

            I feel some players are as yyou said "fed up with losing close games" and I expect an INT or two against brady and a win.
            Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
              For some strange reason... I do too. I think this game will be an anomaly to what I expect our season to be, but I can see the Bucs over-looking us as we are just riddled with injuries.

              I feel some players are as yyou said "fed up with losing close games" and I expect an INT or two against brady and a win.
              All the Broncos needed in each of the first two games was one more score: a FG in game one and a TD in game two. Average margin of loss = 3.5 points. Don't know if TB is as good as Tennessee or Pittsburgh. We'll find out.
              Last edited by samparnell; 09-24-2020, 06:58 PM.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #8
                Shaq Barrett is the one who scares me and he could possibly due to our o-line. Brady soesn't concern me as much as Barrett does.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                  Shaq Barrett is the one who scares me and he could possibly due to our o-line. Brady soesn't concern me as much as Barrett does.
                  If he lines up against Wilkinson, he's guaranteed at least 3 sacks and putting 1 QB in IR.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    Blue is [email protected]

                    Green is [email protected]

                    and Red is [email protected]

                    I am stunned. I've lived in NM, in the Dallas sports market, for years, and the FOX station here ALWAYS prioritizes Dallas over Denver when there's a schedule conflict! Not this time!?

                    Also notice that the entire New England area is getting the game, for the Br*dybunch.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by L.M. View Post


                      Blue is [email protected]

                      Green is [email protected]

                      and Red is [email protected]

                      I am stunned. I've lived in NM, in the Dallas sports market, for years, and the FOX station here ALWAYS prioritizes Dallas over Denver when there's a schedule conflict! Not this time!?

                      Also notice that the entire New England area is getting the game, for the Br*dybunch.
                      The Broncos are never on in Arizona where I live and it makes me really sad.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by L.M. View Post


                        Blue is [email protected]

                        Green is [email protected]

                        and Red is [email protected]

                        I am stunned. I've lived in NM, in the Dallas sports market, for years, and the FOX station here ALWAYS prioritizes Dallas over Denver when there's a schedule conflict! Not this time!?

                        Also notice that the entire New England area is getting the game, for the Br*dybunch.
                        I’m stunned too. This is the 3rd game I’m getting to watch and will get Thursday Night Football next week.

                        I only got to watch 3 games total last year and 4 before that. Not having games to watch these past couple of years made it harder to stay connected to the team.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          I think if we look closer at his stats so far this year we can see his decline. 3 TDs but also 3 INTs in just 2 games, and around 450 yards passing. It's like Brady is an inferior version of Jameis Winston. Same TD/INT rate but fewer yards per game.
                          If you actually took closer look at his stats you would see this:

                          per PFF

                          "I REPEAT, TOM BRADY IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING WASHED UP
                          It’s easy to look at Brady’s box score stats and just assume he’s gone down the drain. After all, he’s averaging just 6.4 yards per attempt with a 65% completion percentage, and he now has three interceptions in two games. However, the fact of the matter is that it goes a lot deeper than that.

                          Brady topped his solid debut as a Buccaneer in Week 1 (77.8 PFF grade) by posting an 89.2 PFF grade in Week 2 against Carolina, the second-best of the week. He also tied for the most big-time throws (four) of the week and ranked fifth in the percentage of accurate passes thrown. On throws of 10 yards or more, Brady threw six of 10 such passes perfectly, according to PFF’s ball-location data. And of those 10 passes, four of them were dropped by his receiving unit. In total, Brady finished the day with seven dropped passes, two more than any other quarterback.



                          So far this season, Brady is tied for the most big-time throws in the NFL, with nine, and his receiving unit has dropped 36.4% of the accurate passes thrown 10 or more yards downfield (worst in NFL by eight percentage points). Brady has had a lot of yards and a few scores left off the box score this season because of drops or defensive pass intereference. While his traditional stats don’t suggest it, Brady is outplaying most quarterbacks in the NFL right now."

                          According to PFF Brady is number #3 QB after Rodgers and Wilson in 2020

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                            If he lines up against Wilkinson, he's guaranteed at least 3 sacks and putting 1 QB in IR.
                            I think Shaq does better if he lines up against the RT and we still doing the same thing we did the first two weeks. This is not new to 2020...Wilk looked bad in 2019 too
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kunetsu View Post
                              If you actually took closer look at his stats you would see this:

                              per PFF

                              "I REPEAT, TOM BRADY IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING WASHED UP
                              It’s easy to look at Brady’s box score stats and just assume he’s gone down the drain. After all, he’s averaging just 6.4 yards per attempt with a 65% completion percentage, and he now has three interceptions in two games. However, the fact of the matter is that it goes a lot deeper than that.

                              Brady topped his solid debut as a Buccaneer in Week 1 (77.8 PFF grade) by posting an 89.2 PFF grade in Week 2 against Carolina, the second-best of the week. He also tied for the most big-time throws (four) of the week and ranked fifth in the percentage of accurate passes thrown. On throws of 10 yards or more, Brady threw six of 10 such passes perfectly, according to PFF’s ball-location data. And of those 10 passes, four of them were dropped by his receiving unit. In total, Brady finished the day with seven dropped passes, two more than any other quarterback.



                              So far this season, Brady is tied for the most big-time throws in the NFL, with nine, and his receiving unit has dropped 36.4% of the accurate passes thrown 10 or more yards downfield (worst in NFL by eight percentage points). Brady has had a lot of yards and a few scores left off the box score this season because of drops or defensive pass intereference. While his traditional stats don’t suggest it, Brady is outplaying most quarterbacks in the NFL right now."

                              According to PFF Brady is number #3 QB after Rodgers and Wilson in 2020
                              I was watching a Bronco Country youtube video....according to them...PFF had Bolles rated as our best player against Pitt

                              Do not have access to the rating so could not check for myself
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X