No announcement yet.

Didn't take much, but I'm now okay with the idea of Bortles starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't put my worst enemy behind that O-line. Sure hope Lock doesn't come back soon, can't afford to see him crushed again. Do they practice blocking in Denver??? I thought Munchek was suppose to be an O-line guru???

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
      Agreed. Even a Coke bottle would be better than Driskel behind center.
      Ooops,,,,
      I fixed That

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Get tebow back in here
        He probably would be better then JD.
        And he would probably win some games. I hope Bortles plays well, and Lock comes back and salvages his season.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          saw enough of that noodle arm. So disappointed. Probably with Pre Season the man doesn't make this roster
          He didn't make the roster without preseason.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Simmons is not worth what he wants with the film he is giving us this year
            I didn’t say he was one of the 2 FS I consider elite. But he is very good, sure he missed that deep pass on Miller today, but he literally did the exact same thing 2 or 3 times last season and the pass was incomplete and y’all praised him for it. 1 on 1 with Evans in the redzone, no FS is winning that matchup. His worst play this year was whatever happened with Jackson on the goalline in the Titans game.

By and large he has been getting put to the torch because Jewell can’t find the appropriate depth in his zone drops and puts Simmons in impossible situations to pick up his slack. Same as last season when all y’all wanted to torch Harris Jr. for Simmons not being where Harris expected him.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Keep Bortles and Rypien, we don't need JD.

This! Not once did I see Driskel make a pre-snap call. Our Oline is not making the protection calls so the QB has to.
              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                Get tebow back in here
                Could have been a great option in 2016, but it is not a very obvious one now.
                When we compare young QBs he is still a bizzare profile, who in reality produced more in a shorter time than any other QB we have drafted, yet is unappreciated by many here.
                It would be nice to again be on the edge of your seat from excitement and see a young QB winning in spite of his flaws.
                Wonder if we have Bortlesmania starting

Comment

Bortles may just be the Vet leader we need right now.
                  For all his struggles he has always thrown a really nice deep ball. If our line can hold up, I can see Bortles taking advantage of the speed we have.

We may see more sacks and more punting, but I also see Bortles moving the ball better. Driskell is far too athletic to let many plays develop. His nature will always be to take off. With our o-line play I don't blame him one bit. However, Bortles could be that valuable QB presence that helps our young skill guys right now.

We won't be facing such talented defensive fronts as Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, I expect our O-line to look much better.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Not sure it matters. So many issues with this team. And injuries cannot be the excuse for the pathetic play.

Would love to see one inspiring story of overachievement come out of one of these games.

Even the new punt center screwed up and made his presence felt. Broncos just keep finding new ways to lose.
                    I think this team is in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. I know there are games against the Jets and Miami coming up, but in my opinion, I think those games are losses. Is it possible this team goes 0-16? What a dagger to the heart that would be.....

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      Bortles may just be the Vet leader we need right now.
                      For all his struggles he has always thrown a really nice deep ball. If our line can hold up, I can see Bortles taking advantage of the speed we have.

We may see more sacks and more punting, but I also see Bortles moving the ball better. Driskell is far too athletic to let many plays develop. His nature will always be to take off. With our o-line play I don't blame him one bit. However, Bortles could be that valuable QB presence that helps our young skill guys right now.

We won't be facing such talented defensive fronts as Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, I expect our O-line to look much better.
                      I really don't think it matters who they face. There is just something seriously off with this team and I feel it expands to all areas; coaching, personnel, front office, lack of ownership.....

Comment

I don't know. At this point it might be more entertaining to see Royce Freeman take snaps behind center. Bortles is a big 'meh' from me, but I did like him initially coming out of college.

I'd like to think Shumar could help him grow a bit, but Shumar and his play calling / coaching have been horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                          I don't know. At this point it might be more entertaining to see Royce Freeman take snaps behind center. Bortles is a big 'meh' from me, but I did like him initially coming out of college.

I'd like to think Shumar could help him grow a bit, but Shumar and his play calling / coaching have been horrible.
                          This is actually a good idea! There is no film on him as a QB, so teams don't know what to expect and he could take a hit better than a traditional QB. At this point it could only help.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

Single Wing?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It does not matter who the QB is as long as Wilk is the RT
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Rather have Rypien in over Bortles
                                sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                                Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                                PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Working...
                                X